Let's stay strong and fight COVID-19: Virat Kohli

nevada

9 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

How our cricket heroes are combating Corona (suggestions welcome):

Virat Kohli :Let's stay strong and fight COVID-19 

K Akmal:  I'm not worried, I'm pretty sure I won't catch it. 

R Sharma:  I ate COVID.  Khallas. Also I am changing my surname to Shawarma

Hardik Pandya: Don't worry, COVID ka already main karke aaya, 19 times.

U Akmal: COVID -19 and SARS....scientifically speaking,  mother from another brother

Sanjay Manjrekar Imran will save us from COVID-19 (with his hair blowing in the wind, sexy time)

Sunny Gavaskar:  In my time we didn't even stop for common testicular cancer (I had 17 surgeries)

R Ashwin:  You only need to think it through.  In terms of anagrams COVID-19 becomes VIDCO-19 or even DOVIC 91.  And then it's no longer COVID! 

Ravi Shastri: I've just been appointed brand ambassador for COVID-19 (Is that a new brand of VAT -69)?

Also Saurav Ganguly: During my time as captain there use be this Bird Flu and we used to always play in packed stadiums.

6 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Viruses are inherently very hard to cure. We technically still don't have a cure for the common cold. 

we do but the cold virus mutates a lot and each year its just a guessing game on which ones will be more prevalent that year,i believe each Flu vaccine can counteract 4 or 5 strains of the virus but even then they are only effective 50% percent of the time.so far the Corona virus has just 2 strains so it should be easier to develop a vaccine but even that will take over a year.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:59 AM, YCCC said:

Prevention is not better than cure in this case. Prevention will not make it go away. A cure (whenever that may be) will

prevention for elderly and swift peak cycle for working population is ideal but how to get there ? 

At all times world needs to ensure 70% of population is still productive. 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:44 PM, YCCC said:

Ok but in the long term a cure is much better as it will end all this

The whole medical establishment is about making money or furthering their agenda that doctors/scientists are gods. They won't find a cure but will treat patients and make this a yearly scare to put fear in the masses. Already they are priming to make this an early event with UK's chief scientific advisor saying so. So be prepared this winter and further winters to come. This maybe made in china like everything today but if at all its intentional, you have to find culprits in US and Europe where the globalists reside.

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

The whole medical establishment is about making money or furthering their agenda that doctors/scientists are gods. They won't find a cure but will treat patients and make this a yearly scare to put fear in the masses. Already they are priming to make this an early event with UK's chief scientific advisor saying so. So be prepared this winter and further winters to come. This maybe made in china like everything today but if at all its intentional, you have to find culprits in US and Europe where the globalists reside.

Kya bakwaas and ignorant post. If it was not for doctors humanity would have been wiped out long ago. So many of the people who have died are doctors, nurses and their families who contracted while these people were working day and night to help patients 

And ignorant people babbling about things like not finding cure while sitting on their ass online 

If I hate someone its those who deliberately spread anti science agenda online just because they dont understand something. Theee people are as bad as those quacks saying cow urine or namaz will stop coronovirus 

Edited by New guy
17 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

U Akmal: COVID -19 and SARS....scientifically speaking,  mother from another brother

Sanjay Manjrekar Imran will save us from COVID-19 (with his hair blowing in the wind, sexy time)

Sunny Gavaskar:  In my time we didn't even stop for common testicular cancer (I had 17 surgeries)

R Ashwin:  You only need to think it through.  In terms of anagrams COVID-19 becomes VIDCO-19 or even DOVIC 91.  And then it's no longer COVID! 

Ravi Shastri: I've just been appointed brand ambassador for COVID-19 (Is that a new brand of VAT -69)?

Also MSD: To combat COVID-19, we should do as we're doing :phehe:

Edited by Unstable Joe
17 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Rahane: If we tilt our face at an angle of 108.03 degrees left and 78.22 degrees down when someone sneezes, we can dodge the virus

32 minutes ago, New guy said:

Kya bakwaas and ignorant post. If it was not for doctors humanity would have been wiped out long ago. So many of the people who have died are doctors, nurses and their families who contracted while these people were working day and night to help patients 

And ignorant people babbling about things like not finding cure while sitting on their ass online 

If I hate someone its those who deliberately spread anti science agenda online just because they dont understand something. Theee people are as bad as those quacks saying cow urine or namaz will stop coronovirus 

Dai new guy what you typed is horseshit. Oh no poor innocent doctors saved humanity. you must be dumb as a box of rocks. There are good doctors out there no doubt but the whole modern medicine was invented to treat patients not cure them. Know the difference and you get the idea. Why don't doctors cure the disease instead of treating and managing it. The answer is if everybody is healthy, there is no need for doctors. You wonder why when you go the doctor for something like a fever, he prescribes 3/4 medicines why is that. Why can't it be one medicine. Its because the first medicine which treats the fever causes some other problem like gastrointestinal problems. So another drug for the said complication which will fvck up another part of the body. So a vitamin for that. This is a laymans understanding of modern medicine.

I know its much more than that because I'm not qualified to be a doctor. If push comes to shove, most people will go to the doctor no doubt but for you to treat them as gods on this earth is laughable. Are you a doctor or closely related to one :winky: Like you I dont like quacks who prescribe cow urine or namaz but I wouldn't say if not for doctors, we would be extinct. My grandparents on my dad's side were uneducated and never took any modern medicine. They lived for 90+ years. They lived in a time when there was small pox and other pandemics. Small pox itself is a scarier disease than all the modern flu's put together. If you were living at that time period, you would be running to the doctor paying your whole monthly salary begging for a quickfire solution.

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

It takes a year to make a vaccine and no not all of them want to make money. Lot of them care deeply. This stuff is serious.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

It takes a year to make a vaccine and no not all of them want to make money. Lot of them care deeply. This stuff is serious.

A lot of the doctors do care deeply. But they are under pressure of student loans and medical study is expensive. They study these fields to make more money later on. Its not just good intentions but to make money also. So once they are in debt, they are forced in a way to look for money to cover the debt. This could result in medical malpractice. It happens throughout the world and in less regulated countries like India, it can be a wild west scenario. Even in US, pharmaceutical companies own the doctors because of student debt. The media creates fear among the population so much that they take flu shots for allergies, common cold, etc. Fear rules the west and worship rules the east. People respecting them for the doctor profession also boosts their ego when they are regular humans trying to make their living. And they see plenty of deaths in hospitals. They are kind of immune to the pain and suffering in a way because of overexposure.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, Real McCoy said:

Dai new guy what you typed is horseshit. Oh no poor innocent doctors saved humanity. you must be dumb as a box of rocks. There are good doctors out there no doubt but the whole modern medicine was invented to treat patients not cure them. Know the difference and you get the idea. Why don't doctors cure the disease instead of treating and managing it. The answer is if everybody is healthy, there is no need for doctors. You wonder why when you go the doctor for something like a fever, he prescribes 3/4 medicines why is that. Why can't it be one medicine. Its because the first medicine which treats the fever causes some other problem like gastrointestinal problems. So another drug for the said complication which will fvck up another part of the body. So a vitamin for that. This is a laymans understanding of modern medicine.

I know its much more than that because I'm not qualified to be a doctor. If push comes to shove, most people will go to the doctor no doubt but for you to treat them as gods on this earth is laughable. Are you a doctor or closely related to one :winky: Like you I dont like quacks who prescribe cow urine or namaz but I wouldn't say if not for doctors, we would be extinct. My grandparents on my dad's side were uneducated and never took any modern medicine. They lived for 90+ years. They lived in a time when there was small pox and other pandemics. Small pox itself is a scarier disease than all the modern flu's put together. If you were living at that time period, you would be running to the doctor paying your whole monthly salary begging for a quickfire solution.

Doctor's are not Gods but they have studied medicine and know more about diseases than some random doofus spouting pseudo science on the internet. Imagine if this happens in any other field. I am in Data science and analytics and some doofus comes and says, hey your model based on statistics is wrong because my gut instinct tells me otherwise and my uncle totally did this thing and it worked! Imagine any of your the areas you guys work in and then some layman saying they know more than you because they have seen some random person? Also imagine thinking taking personal examples somehow proves your point. That's like me saying that since everyone in my family has blue eyes that means only blue eyes are natural 

Small Pox is a good example because it killed millions every year and was one of the deadliest disease humanity faced which could have made our species extinct. No medicine worked on it once you got the symptoms. Thankfully science and medicine figured out a solution when they invented vaccines. And your grandparents survive because they benefited from herd immunity because enough people got vaccinated. No one is a superman to be immune to small pox, no matter how healthy they were.The way the disease attacked our body, our body could never deal with it unless it killed the disease on entry, which would only happen if you already had anti-bodies against it.  Humanity survived because people took the disease seriously and vaccinated which caused enough herd immunity to prevent the disease 

If Coronovirus had happened 50 years before it would have wiped out more of humanity than today where a fraction of those numbers will die.

You talk about doctors not curing disease when small pox and polio and other many deadly diseases are completely eradicated and we are now having many successful trials of curing AIDS. In deadly diseases like rabies the invention of the rabies serum has prevented thousands of deaths each year. Tetanus vaccines now means we have a fraction of tetanus deaths when once it was very, very common. There are 100s of diseases which can be completely cured if you go to a doctor and 1000s which have been completely eradicated. In other diseases like cancer, heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, people are living way longer and more fruitful life with much lesser pain. People living to the 90s and beyond are way more now than before

The biggest danger in any outbreak is when people take it less seriously or go against doctor's advice. During the Spanish flu, doctors had advised against large gatherings but there were couple of areas in Spain who thought doctors didn't know anything and their church leaders gathered people and prayed every single day. The result was that these areas were the most affected with the largest death rates.

Our bodies are fascinating. The way they work. They are built to stand most things. But there are some things which are dangerous for us because they are different from the way our body protects against attackers. So they are like kryptonite to superman. And they affect more when we are weak or have existing problems or are old or babies. In those cases it's important to understand how these diseases attack and base our cures on them. Bacteria can be cured by anti-biotics because they have more complex cell structures and are more living beings while viruses are not technically even living beings, so are more simple and therefore more difficult to attack. So in those cases its increasing our immunity which helps

We have a tendency to romanticize the past but most of that is because of survivor bias. Because your grandparents were lucky to live long and healthy lives you can brag about them but for the thousands whose grandparents died painful deaths because of small pox, they wont brag on the internet. So we will only see the exception. The truth is that we are living in one of the golden periods of science and medicine. We are healthier, live longer and happier lives on an average than those in the past. And we should be thankful that we live in this age because even 50 years ago, we would have lost half our loved ones to coronavirus 

Edited by New guy