Coronavirus in Pakistan

Stradlater

56 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Ah Muslims. They never disappoint, do they? 

A fair of a famous Goddess in my area was cancelled for the first time in its nearly 800 years of recorded history and we have Muslims who can't even skip their Friday prayers? 

Jesus what sickos. 

Oh! You didn’t know. Corona comes from Quran. So it will not affect Moslems. Listen to this Mohatarmavani.

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I think they have made a cynical calculation.  Let the weak, old and vulnerable die.  "Allah's will".  Government can't afford the proper steps.  Elites will save their own assses anyway.  

I haven't gone out of home from almost 3-4 weeks now except when necessary. Last I travelled out of city was one month ago as well. I work as freelancer anyways after i left my job as financial analyst. 

I don't trust the government all specially the PTI govt. inhone bilkul reham o karam par chor dia. Pichli governments phir bhi kuch behtar thi atleast they hade stakes, these losers like Imran Khan, Reza Baqir etc. have no stakes in pakistan. 

Our elderly people are still very much with the traditional approach and maybe they do not take things as seriously as they should. 

3 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Pichli governments phir bhi kuch behtar thi atleast they hade stakes, these losers like Imran Khan, Reza Baqir etc. have no stakes in pakistan. 

This is the key - those that rule Pakistan have very different stakes and priorities than Pakistanis.  That's why they continue to invest in policies and priorities that are simply unaffordable and unrealistic.  But it doesn't matter to them if CPEC deals are made with high interest rates, locking Pakistanis in to polluting power plants, with expensive bills.  Rulers have already gotten their "share", costs are awaam's problem.  This is why Pak government capacities are so poor, they are left that way.  Because the PakMil mafia have their own parallel reality they live in - defence housing colonies, their gymkhanas, and their own hospitals and schools.  That's why even a Nawaz sharif will spend more money to build "smooth" roads from airport to Lahore city, but not give a crap about schools, hospitals etc. 

Pakistan needs to shake off its slavery to the Zamindars wearing fake uniforms and fake medals.  Until then, they will suffer, and suffer heavily.  Nothing will change.

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is the key - those that rule Pakistan have very different stakes and priorities than Pakistanis.  That's why they continue to invest in policies and priorities that are simply unaffordable and unrealistic.  But it doesn't matter to them if CPEC deals are made with high interest rates, locking Pakistanis in to polluting power plants, with expensive bills.  Rulers have already gotten their "share", costs are awaam's problem.  This is why Pak government capacities are so poor, they are left that way.  Because the PakMil mafia have their own parallel reality they live in - defence housing colonies, their gymkhanas, and their own hospitals and schools.  That's why even a Nawaz sharif will spend more money to build "smooth" roads from airport to Lahore city, but not give a crap about schools, hospitals etc. 

Pakistan needs to shake off its slavery to the Zamindars wearing fake uniforms and fake medals.  Until then, they will suffer, and suffer heavily.  Nothing will change.

I think with next generations, social media, better information flow; things maybe better. 

With current options, Nawaz was the best but he got himself in a mess with the "stakehokders"

You are right better healthcare and basic education system is needed. But i think we are socially very poor, there are still many people who worship imran despite his failures, hence following the "cult". Then there are mullahs and very extreme rightists. It sucks. 

On 3/20/2020 at 7:35 PM, Autonomous said:

The govt is not taking it seriously. The govt officials are organizing large gatherings (parvez khattak in nowsherah).

They dont give a **** 

When you have the mighty Allah for your hifazat, why do you need Imran or the govt? You'd do just fine even with a donkey as your PM, when the universal solution for all your problems is Duaa. :phehe:

Some no name woman from Shaheen Bagh says something obviously nutty and all of ICF goes into a Muslims this, Muslims that yadda yadda loop once again.

Meanwhile, there is complete radio silence on this:

BJP leaders Shivraj Singh Chouhan, V.D. Sharma, Gopal Bhargava and others celebrate at the party headquarters in Bhopal after Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath's resignation Friday

Don't see any masks. Or social distancing. This is from Friday! 

Predictable much?

Edited by Mariyam

20 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Some no name woman from Shaheen Bagh says something obviously nutty and all of ICF goes into a Muslims this, Muslims that yadda yadda loop once again.

Meanwhile, there is complete radio silence on this:

BJP leaders Shivraj Singh Chouhan, V.D. Sharma, Gopal Bhargava and others celebrate at the party headquarters in Bhopal after Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath's resignation Friday

Don't see any masks. Or social distancing. This is from Friday! 

Predictable much?

Not really. This gathering is a disgrace too! No matter if these are BJP politicians, the fact that they and even the President are defying directives from the PM to avoid large gatherings.

i don’t know why you have made it about a religious comparison, however the Muslim protesters at Shaheen baag are using their religion as an excuse for not vacating the place and defying the public health directive. On the other hand these politicians are doing the same but for their political mileage. 

The reasonings are pole apart but we have to focus on why gatherings regardless of location and demographics are still taking place which need to be STOPPED NOW!!

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

^ I haven't made any ' religious comparisons' as your put it.

The pic I posted is of the representatives of the people. If they don't follow protocol................

But you did say “Muslims this Muslims that yadada”...

I don’t think you fill find one ICF member who would support this large gathering of BJP politicians at the time of a health crisis...  the PM should take strict action on this for not following  protocol as well as on the nutty Shaheen Baag protestors ,with force if need be as they are potentially endangering the life of others citizens.

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@LordPrabhzy

I don't think you'd find one ICF member supporting the continuation of the stir at Shaheen Bagh also. Not at this time. 

I didn’t say any one here would support it either.

you brought up the supposed ‘ double standards’ of ICFers who were venting their frustration on Muslims using their religion to act irresponsibly when there are clear directive in place which right now is sheer stupidity. What I’m saying is that although the reasoning of the stupidity in both cases is different everyone on here is against any form of big gatherings at this time. 

17 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I didn’t say any one here would support it either.

you brought up the supposed ‘ double standards’ of ICFers who were venting their frustration on Muslims using their religion to act irresponsibly when there are clear directive in place which right now is sheer stupidity. What I’m saying is that although the reasoning of the stupidity in both cases is different everyone on here is against any form of big gatherings at this time. 

Shaheen Bagh has nothing to do with religion. It is a political protest. Yet you choose to associate it with Muslims at large. Just because a large proportion of protesters are Muslim, doesn't mean that it is a religious protest.

The celebratory gathering by the Shivraj Chauhan and his party cadre is also political in nature.

Yet one you view one through the prism of religiosity and the other you dismiss as political grand standing.

That is a double standard.

Also people who are quick to vent their frustration out on sound bytes by unnamed protesters, seemed a little less eager to fight the Corona virus when it was Shivraj and his supporters who gathered in large numbers. But I shall take your word and accept that both were/are equally condemned.