Hordes of Muslims defying lockdown. How long will the government tolerate this?

Manny_Pacquiao

Many reports of muslims walking around in large crowds, refusing to follow self-quarantine measures. Police haven't acted so far. At this point, one has to wonder...not only is this is a security risk, but a health risk as well.

Shouldn't the police be equipped with riot gear and state of the art weaponry to handle these communities? They are currently under-manned and under-equipped.

1 minute ago, someone said:

These are Separatists. And even then, the government priority now should be health, not tackling them.

Us common people , celebs should call them out, question and criticise them heavily...  

laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante.

Get the army in to disperse the feckers and keep them inside. If they resist gun them down. Silver lining as there will be less undeserving people the health system have to potentially care for.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

These are Separatists. And even then, the government priority now should be health, not tackling them.

Us common people , celebs should call them out, question and criticise them heavily...  

They are backed by opposition parties. I get it, the scene of misbehaving muslims benefits the BJP. It's a win-win situation, politically speaking.

But you have to draw the line somewhere.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

Because they are idiots. I know plenty of muslims who follow distancing while still hating on Modi. even mass religious worship should be banned. but modi is going pc it seems. I have seen the neighborhood mosque with little to no activity but only old uncle types go there. Muslims in tn are well aware of the virus and pray from home. only rebellious urdu speaking muslims are defying this.

Yet another Muslim bashing thread based on 'many reports'. Par for the course at ICF. 

Obviously any 'rebellious urdu speaking' Muslim breaking the curfew must be a 'separatist' and should be 'shot down'. 

Meanwhile in Dehradun

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/dehradun/uttarakhand-despite-lockdown-dehradun-sees-traffic-jams/articleshow/74773222.cms

Separatists who need to be shot?

In Delhi too, some more separatists.

https://news.abplive.com/news/india/coronavirus-delhi-lockdown-but-people-in-outer-delhi-just-dont-care-1180685

Separatism, Jharkhand style

https://www.jagran.com/jharkhand/ranchi-people-not-following-lockdown-rules-in-jharkhand-coronavirus-update-news-ranchi-20134170.html

But yes, lets just single out Muslims.

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

This falls under the Indians are #@&*% thread: different causes, same behavior and same result.

Yep - this is no different than the morons doing lezim and garba dance waving flags around, as if its a goddam block party.  

But you've got the usual bigots using the stupidity of the mob, to dish out their own prejudices about "hordes of muslims".

These geniuses should be made to read racist comments made by non-Indians about the idiots who were doing garba and crowding around after making a god-awful racket using steel plates and what not.  When they will be at the receiving end of blanket stereotypes made about their ethnicity and faith, simply because some idiots of their kind are being stupid, only then will they realize how unfair and wrong it is. 

32 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This is an unprecedented situation. People do not know what to expect.

I think in a couple of days, once the seriousness of the situation sinks in, people would stop frivolous and/or irresponsible behaviour.

The problem of failing to recognize the importance of social distancing is not an Indian one, or a "muslim" one.  Its a human problem.  Every country has the same issue.  That's why governments have had to follow "recommendations" of stay at home, with legal orders of curfew, almost everywhere. 

Human mind is not good at reacting appropriately to slow moving threats.  We can laugh at the frog in the slowly boiling pot of water, but we are the frog.

This is an unprecedented situation. People do not know what to expect.
I think in a couple of days, once the seriousness of the situation sinks in, people would stop frivolous and/or irresponsible behaviour.
Will be too late by then

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk