Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/italy-turning-tide-on-coronavirus/ 

things are getting slightly better in Italy, but they are still not out of the woods. 

"Italy recorded 4,789 new cases of coronavirus on Monday, compared with 5,560 new cases on Sunday, and 6,557 on Saturday. The death toll also fell to 602, from 651 and 793 on Sunday and Saturday, respectively."

however things are getting worse in France and Spain now.

5 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/italy-turning-tide-on-coronavirus/ 

things are getting slightly better in Italy, but they are still not out of the woods. 

"Italy recorded 4,789 new cases of coronavirus on Monday, compared with 5,560 new cases on Sunday, and 6,557 on Saturday. The death toll also fell to 602, from 651 and 793 on Sunday and Saturday, respectively."

however things are getting worse in France and Spain now.

There is a 10 to 15 day delay in this - folks getting to the ICU or dying today, were infected 10 to 15 days earlier.  That's why it is critical for social distancing and lockdowns right now.  

We will only know the real picture of India, 15 days from now.  I suspect govt has better data on its hands on # infected, hence the drastic action. 

There is no way that India can overnight produce or buy the needed personal protection equipment for medical staff.  There is no way, that India will have even 5% of the needed ventilators. India is in trouble.  We need to pray. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

It will be months before the entire world begins to come out of this mess.

Thank you China.  

I am trying very hard not to be prejudiced, I know that its the Chinese communist government that is more to blame than the ordinary random Chinese person.  But these assholes need to be held accountable.

Thousands of people are dead, maybe millions more will die.  And billions will suffer a lot of hardship.  And majority of it was preventable if not for the evil CCP.  

Never forget.

I do not see a war against China in future but I do see tough economic actions against it.

1 hour ago, velu said:

21 day lockdown :((

have stock for 7/8 days only

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

How will people stock up for 21 days? They should allow old people living alone (worried for my mom) to get people to deliver stuff.

Thats what worries me. I'm only good for a week. I know tomorrow everyone will be buying at panic mode if at all there is anything left and the authorities let them. I will just let tomorrow pass and get more stock on thursday

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Man Modiji looks really worried. 

Yeah he looked dead serious. Strange times

9 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I do not see a war against China in future but I do see tough economic actions against it.

Its going to be a while before any "action" against them.   Like it or not, China is a massive source for manufacturing PPE - personal protective equipment for medical workers and everyone - The world needs a billion masks.  billions of gloves - and we cannot afford to "boycott" China.  That is meaningful leverage that they possess.  

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Thats what worries me. I'm only good for a week. I know tomorrow everyone will be buying at panic mode if at all there is anything left and the authorities let them. I will just let tomorrow pass and get more stock on thursday

Yeah he looked dead serious. Strange times

And this is why I was saying on the other thread, that things will move quickly - and it is smart to make preparations, and you were lecturing empty-vessel like on the need "not to panic".  

Sorry to indulge in "told you so", I have nothing but empathy for my fellow countrymen, I am relatively safer in  a country where supply chains and facilities are much more developed and under way less demand strain.  Good luck my friend, stay calm and stay safe.  

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it was said even yesterday before maharashtra lockdown but police started beating vegetable vendors, started closing shops, online grocery not delivering, zomato swiggy deilvery boys are harrased by public ....so its been a problem specially for bachelors here . Hopefully soon this wud be figured out or else it ll be a disastor 

Zomato and Swiggy delivery is still running here. For select restaurants only.

Yesterday Reliance Fresh had permission to be open till 2am. 

Banjo I have 2 giant fridges and a freezer in the garage, how will folks in India manage to stock up on essentials.  My daughter has a dairy allergy and there is only one specific type of non-dairy milk that I give her daily.  Having a bit of trouble finding it nowadays.  Can't imagine situation for folks with similar issues in India. 

The amount of hardship all of us humans will undergo in the coming weeks and months is unforeseen.  It boils my blood to think that only if the CCP had not been stupid, selfish and not tried to hide things - Just 2 weeks earlier of notifying the world, and this entire situation would be a LOT, LOT, more manageable.  Assssholes.  

Just now, Mariyam said:

Ensuring current supplychain and logistics keep working at optimum levels is going to be challenging - but probably doable.  

I don't even want to think of the poor people who literally live on daily and weekly wages to feed their kids.  Where will they go.  They are humans too.  

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Those guys are gonna make a KILLING.

I spoke to a delivery guy in the neighborhood. his shift starts at 10 AM. He said he made 22 deliveries by 2 PM. on a regular, non-corona day (lol), he would get 12-15 deliveries a DAY.

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sorry to indulge in "told you so", I have nothing but empathy for my fellow countrymen, I am relatively safer in  a country where supply chains and facilities are much more developed and under way less demand strain.  Good luck my friend, stay calm and stay safe.  

Dude, with all due respect....shut the * up. You have no clue what's going on here, and you're day-dreaming of situations that you have no first hand knowledge of. Let it go.

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its going to be a while before any "action" against them.   Like it or not, China is a massive source for manufacturing PPE - personal protective equipment for medical workers and everyone - The world needs a billion masks.  billions of gloves - and we cannot afford to "boycott" China.  That is meaningful leverage that they possess.  

True but the relations have strained big time now and I do not see it ever improving if this crisis last for months. 

2 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I spoke to a delivery guy in the neighborhood. his shift starts at 10 AM. He said he made 22 deliveries by 2 PM. on a regular, non-corona day (lol), he would get 12-15 deliveries a DAY.

Delivery guys should be provided with compulsory sanitizers and masks. They need it way more than us common janta staying in.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Ensuring current supplychain and logistics keep working at optimum levels is going to be challenging - but probably doable.  

I don't even want to think of the poor people who literally live on daily and weekly wages to feed their kids.  Where will they go.  They are humans too.  

People do come forward in such times. Rotighar mission by Khushiyaan foundation

http://www.khushiyaanfoundation.org/index.php

You can buy your domestic help, security guard a meal for Rs25. Sanitized food delivered on a 1-1 basis.

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And this is why I was saying on the other thread, that things will move quickly - and it is smart to make preparations, and you were lecturing empty-vessel like on the need "not to panic".  

Modi made a speech on 19th March and a long lockdown was seemingly inevitable. Any educated and well-to do person had ample time, instead of just now, to prepare.

Nevertheless, my full sympathy and hope our people have the courage to manage 21 days well,  in what is effective a "Jail period"

Edited by someone

5 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

The delivery guys are making a killing. As they should. They are working for it.

But Swiggy has cancelled all peak pricing and put a flat delivery charge for this period.

Zomato too, methinks.