Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

* off asshole.  Spoken like a true entitled spoilt brat, with the typical un-earned superiority complex over "delivery workers" earning too much.  You dont seem to have a *ing clue of how serious this is.  that's why you are running around outside taking pictures, instead of staying the * home.  Immature, ignorant brat.

Point taken, i should show my superiority complex by crying phony tears over how my country of residence has better developed delivery mechanisms.

"empathy with my countrymen".... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

39 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I have a feeling he didn't mention that essential services will be open because he wanted the state Governments to take a call and address their respective people and chart the way ahead.

whichever state went into lockdown before the address today already mentioned it, perhaps he did not find it necessary to do so but i can see that it already sent some people into a panic  to hoover up what they could from kirana stores. For a few days at least i dont think bigbasket, grofers,dmart, etc will be accessible considering that they are already backed up. Last thing we want is people creating a scarcity by hoarding essentials at home.

Edited by rollingstoned

7 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Point taken, i should show my superiority complex by crying phony tears over how my country of residence has better developed delivery mechanisms.

"empathy with my countrymen".... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Context matters asshole - that was in reference to an ongoing discussion with another poster. where you jumped in, begaani shaadi mein abdullah deewana.  

And fact is what it is, India is not as developed a country as America. And with fewer resources and structures, will have to cater to a 4x population.  

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Context matters asshole - that was in reference to an ongoing discussion with another poster. where you jumped in, begaani shaadi mein abdullah deewana.  

And fact is what it is, India is not as developed a country as America. And with fewer resources and structures, will have to cater to a 4x population.  

And who the f___ doesn't know that? HOLY sh**, what a revelation!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH uncle, none of us have ever travelled anywhere outside jhumrataliyya...as you've reminded other members on this forum before. We're SINGLEHANDEDLY relying on your enlightened mind to provide us the NECESSARY comparison. Thank you so much.

Seriously,

whether India can handle this or not remains to be seen. You don't live in India. you don't know what measures will be taken, you don't know how people will respond here. You're in no position to comment. So keep your advice and public displays of "empathy" to yourself.

This is why your gloating came across as condescending, and it made you look like a self-righteous, grand-standing chewt....so i called it out.

Get some self awareness and try to learn from this experience.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Can you please explain this rainbow chart. What is the good news?

I don't follow anything.

You have to understand what Micro-RNAS are first. This video explains it well. 

Now what anand is saying is that the Indian strain has a mutation this particular HUMAN micro-RNA can target which can effectively silence viral replication by inhibiting the translation of viral mRNA.

the rainbow chart is just showing how India’s strain has that 1 mutation.

Edited by FischerTal

7 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

You have to understand what Micro-RNAS are first. This video explains it well.

Now what anand is saying is that the Indian strain has a mutation for which this particular HUMAN micro-RNA can target which can effectively silence viral replication by inhibiting the translation of viral mRNA.

the rainbow chart is just showing how India’s strain has that 1 mutation.

You left out the most important part of that whole analysis:

NON-PEER-REVIEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many people would actually be working from home? There are many outsourced business here so will they be shut? 

For a country, which relies on people-facing work, 21 days at home will result in unofficially unemployment for many.

2 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

That's crass man. Please avoid such personal insults

Shows his aukaat, if nothing else.  I don't care, I voluntarily shared info about my divorce in the past - I have no issues with it.  When your conscience is clear, others' attempted 'insults' will never touch you.  

He clearly has some unresolved issues with Indians who live abroad - maybe his (fantasy) girlfriend left him an incel for greener pastures or something.  Reading waaaay too much and wrongly into random posts...

4 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Yeah, that was bad. I edited it. 

Sorry, @sandeep . Its nothing personal, i just enjoy a good argument.

I always respect when someone mans up on their mistakes - no big deal, apology accepted.  I suggest you re-read my explanation of my remarks - I do not have an iota of "gloating" in anything I said.  Even the guy who my original post was directed at - understood it in the right spirit, I don't know why you are so triggered by it and think I'm "gloating".

Edited by sandeep

What Modi today did was very wrong. He announced lockdown and remain silent on essential services. There was a panic among people .large number of them purchased whatever they can . I myself went to market stood in queues . People purchased groceries worth of thousands of rupees. When I got back home I switched on TV and then they were showing essential services will be available. Why didn't he tell people that essential services will be available ?

Modi had one *ing job to do, and he messed up. My whole area was in panic mode, how many read the notification? PM's speech should have assured the public that essential commodities would be available. And why did he have to wait till late evening to do so? Had he made this announcement during daytime it would have been so much easier for everyone. Stupid communication, awful...

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Modi had one *ing job to do, and he messed up. My whole area was in panic mode, how many read the notification? PM's speech should have assured the public that essential commodities would be available. And why did he have to wait till late evening to do so? Had he made this announcement during daytime it would have been so much easier for everyone. Stupid communication, awful...

Let's be honest Government is doing terrible job on essential commodities front. Gurgaon has one of the best home delivery services app but unfortunately all of them have shut shops.they are saying local authorities are not allowing them. On one hand leaders are shouting stay home , we will deliver essential items , on the other hand they are not allowing them to home delivered. Even shops are running out of supplies. If situation does not improve large crowds will start gathering in front of stores , in low class areas could be food riots. 

Just shouting on tv to stay in home won't work. Strict orders should be given to smooth movement of essential goods.O/W this lockdown will be massive failure.