WHAT does New Delhi look like during #lockdown? Manny_Pacquiao walks around and shows you. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS INSIDE!

Manny_Pacquiao

Everybody is wondering what life is like during lockdown. How are people reacting? What is going on? Are people actually doing what the government says? IS EVEYRYONE PANICKING AND DYING AND KILLING THEMSELVES?!!?!?!!

With answers unclear, as most of you lock yourselves into your rooms and look for information online....I, manny_pacquiao, decided to go outside, walk around and give you a first hand look at the city of new delhi under #lockdown.

i'm not gonna tell you which neighborhood this is, for privacy reasons of course. but i can assure you...this a very common, lower-middle class neighborhood. the kind where older government employees (civil servants) usually buy an apartment. I do NOT live here.

i took these pictures right around what would normally be considered evening rush hour, when people commute back home from the office. we had some light rain (if you're wondering about the puddles).

let's begin.

This is how it looks outside most people's apartments. Completely deserted. You'll see a car or two driving by, but nobody is walking outside. On a normal day, you'll see cars lined up on the roads and many people on the sidewalk.

IMG-20200324-174735036-HDR.jpg

Let's walk to the park. normally, this entrance is filled with people. no huge crowds but you'll usually see around 25-30 people. Today, completely empty.

IMG-20200324-175034335-HDR.jpg

Inside the park. completely deserted. on a regular day, lots of old people and kids walking around, sitting on the benches, etc.

IMG-20200324-175553653-HDR.jpg

Another view from inside the park. I don't know who is maintaining the flowers, but he's doing a good job.

IMG-20200324-175956382-HDR.jpg

Let's walk onto the main road. Some traffic at one of the bigger intersections, but nothing when compared to a regular day. I saw a few buses (mostly empty), and quite a few police cars. Some motorbikes and cars. For the most part, very quiet. The by-standers and roadside "vendors"....all gone.

IMG-20200324-183538420-HDR.jpg

Some free brand promotion. Gas station to the left had a few people. Everyone was wearing a mask. normally, you would see bumper to bumper traffic on this road.

IMG-20200324-182009352-HDR.jpg

Lane discipline!! amazing how easy it is to follow rules when the road is clear. what a miracle.

IMG-20200324-182248857-HDR.jpg

Another intersection. If traffic always looked like this, would the roads be in better condition?

IMG-20200324-182748711-HDR.jpg

On a regular day, you see cars and motorbikes on both sides of the road. Today, nothing. except for those two guys.

IMG-20200324-183914813-HDR.jpg

How peaceful. It was like this for about 10 minutes walking down the street. Almost zero litter. Trees everywhere.

IMG-20200324-184049034-HDR.jpg

This is a VERY UN-SECULAR photo:

IMG-20200324-184402580-HDR.jpg

But THIS is a VERY secular photo. i could not confirm whether the dog is a muslim.

IMG-20200324-184735785-HDR.jpg

At the end of the road, another crossing. Few cars here and there. Normally, traffic completely stops at this location. You have no room to move. Most surprisingly, by standers, roadside vendors on the side of the road...all gone.

IMG-20200324-184842668-HDR.jpg

and by now it was dark, and the lights came on. A few people here and there, few cars. but that was it. again, nothing like a normal day.

IMG-20200324-184947109.jpg

Moral of the story: if you want a city to look reasonably live-able....just enforce curfew and de-populate the roads. Who knew it was so simple?

Feel free to share the pictures around.

Give me suggestions!! Where should manny_pacquiao go next?

should i do a supermarket tour tomorrow? let me know.

19 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

LOL, if i'm not here 15 days from now...you'll know why.

I'm honestly not worried at all.

Social distancing, lockdowns and staying home aren't just for personal benefit.  You could end up being fine, but carelessness can lead to you being part of an infection chain that will end up killing others.  

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Social distancing, lockdowns and staying home aren't just for personal benefit.  You could end up being fine, but carelessness can lead to you being part of an infection chain that will end up killing others.  

I think i'm in a better position to judge, considering i actually live here.

Glad you appreciate my first hand information though.

1 minute ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I think i'm in a better position to judge, considering i actually live here.

Obviously not.  I would not be surprised to see little Manny show up in one of those videos where thullas are beating down stupid kids with a stick for loitering during the lockdown.  He's obviously a kid that is unable to grasp the situation with his little brain.

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Obviously not.  I would not be surprised to see little Manny show up in one of those videos where thullas are beating down stupid kids with a stick for loitering during the lockdown.  He's obviously a kid that is unable to grasp the situation with his little brain.

Highly unlikely, because I carry plenty of bribe money.

Come on uncle, you know how it works here!!!! :hysterical:

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Now THAT id pay to watch :phehe:

But in all fairness, imagine a clean city like this, no litter, no gobar, no pollution. I would gladly come back to India for this !

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Now THAT id pay to watch :phehe:

But in all fairness, imagine a clean city like this, no litter, no gobar, no pollution. I would gladly come back to India for this !

But @sandeepwouldn't pay to watch that if he knew those stupid kids were muslim. :hysterical:

You're right about the cleanliness...i said this jokingly to my family, but i kind of believe it....sec. 144, curfew, along with regulated traffic should be a full-time thing. If most people are capable of staying indoors and working from home permanently, the city is almost as live-able as any other.

7 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

But @sandeepwouldn't pay to watch that if he knew those stupid kids were muslim. :hysterical:

You're right about the cleanliness...i said this jokingly to my family, but i kind of believe it....sec. 144, curfew, along with regulated traffic should be a full-time thing. If most people are capable of staying indoors and working from home permanently, the city is almost as live-able as any other.

I  was referring to watching a Thulla beat you up :cantstop:

After seeing the Janta Curfew i think the GOI should enforce a nationwide curfew atleast 2wice a month to start off with.. just as a way to neutralise the pollution, the more cars you stop, the more factories you close for a day, the less pollution there will be. But they need to make the focus of the curfew to reduce pollution... but still need a strict enforcement.

Economic productivity will not take that much of a hit if its limited to Sundays. It will give the local authorities a breathing space to clean up all the public places of litter.

8 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

I think you should see Islamabad. 

Looks beautiful in normal days as well for a sub-continent city. 

Thats because police in the service of PakMil mafia beat the **** out of beggars who dare enter it, or even innocent small-scale vendors who dare set up shop to sell tea or food anywhere. 

Islamabad is a glaring example of the elites that have looted the Pakistani people, carving out their own little 1st world island, in the 3rd world mess that is Pakistan.  

In the picture below, you can see clearly where the looters and their accomplices live, and where the rest of Pakistanis are kept segregated in - like the worker-class unaware ghulaams they are.

Edited by sandeep

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Thats because police in the service of PakMil mafia beat the **** out of beggars who dare enter it, or even innocent small-scale vendors who dare set up shop to sell tea or food anywhere. 

Islamabad is a glaring example of the elites that have looted the Pakistani people, carving out their own little 1st world island, in the 3rd world mess that is Pakistan.  

I have my friends who moved from here to work in Islamabad and they are pretty happy. 

City is well planned, hills at the back and drive to top is astonishing. 

Rawalpindi was unplanned and the general poulation is pretty traditional. 

Lahore is also very beautiful but it is way too crowdy. Canal bank road and gulberg are very romantic in non-peak hours.