Question-pedia - Ask away questions and get answers.

coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

Why do indians generally like shoaib malik?

He is not ott offensive type.....unlike the clown who decided to give a performance at wagah.

Irrespective of his overall career,he has been very sucessful against India and that gets him respect as a cricketer. 

He is married to a successful Indian and both have managed to keep a fairly balanced relationship despite the challenges faced by such couples .

The fact that he has never publicly  tried to force his nationalism on her is appreciated .

The fact that he has fully accepted her status and position as a top sportswoman is appreciated ....specially considering it is not so easy for a man and family  from the subcontinent .

He along with Younis and Misbah are seen as positive  people .

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

All blokes outside of the five states are north Indians. South is only TN, Kerala, AP, Telengana and Karnataka I count Pondy as TN.  Only people from NCR, UP, Bihar, Haryana and Punjab are Bloody North Indians, rest are just North Indians.

What about Goa?

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What do Malayalis and /or Tamilians (?) mean when they say Paavam?

Something like Pavitra?

Bechara...as in when you pity someone, based on my limited understanding of Tamil language. Some pure-bloods here may have more accurate answer. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bechara...as in when you pity someone, based on my limited understanding of Tamil language. Some pure-bloods here may have more accurate answer. 

From what I understand ..bhola...innocent simple person.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

What about Goa?

Yes, just plain  North Indian. I guess the thumb-rule is anybody from a region that knows or understands Hindi. I have close friend from Dehradun (pahadi), born and brought up in Bangalore, talks and reads  Kannada fluently. He is considered North Indian as well. In contexts though.