Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Manny_Pacquiao

INDIANS from NORTH-EASTERN STATES are now being attacked and harassed all over the country

Recommended Posts

Reason #1 for why you BHEN KE L+DON need to stop spreading anti-chinese opinions, is because IT IS inspiring attacks against YOUR OWN FCKING PEOPLE.

 

Yes, i know its EASY for you bored keyboard warriors - most of whom DON'T EVEN LIVE in India - to spew your garbage online, but the aam aadmi in India is more often than not, a clueless GAWAAR, who believes the garbage he reads.

 

This breed of gawaar is also INCAPABLE of distinguishing between North-easterners and Chinese, and they often refer to north-easterners as "CHINKIS".

 

This makes YOUR FELLOW INDIAN CITIZENS more likely to face attacks and harassment. These are not muslims being paid 500 rupees by political parties and NGOs to start riots. These are ordinary citizens, who have nothing to do with any political cause. Who are simply trying to get on with their lives during lockdown.

 

North easterners are already on the fringes of society, i'm 100% sure most of you chutxyas couldn't even name the seven sister states. but with you spreading your dogshit opinions on whatsapp, here's whats actually happening:

 

 

https://twitter.com/KirenRijiju/status/1240191397321302018?s=20

 

Quote

With several states going on partial lockdown as a part of precautionary measures against the Coronavirus, isolated incidents of racism are on the rise against people from the North-Eastern states of India. Given the large number of people from the North East who are settled in many other states and cities of the country, such cases of racial discrimination are a cause for concern. The community hopes that an advisory from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to all the states would be very helpful in allaying their fears and creating more awareness.

“We have come across incidents where men and women from our community have been shouted at in public places. Some miscreants and ill-informed people look at us and scream Corona! Our features may be similar to those in the Eastern part of the world, but our fellow Indians should know that we have different types of people in this country. Such discriminatory remarks shouldn’t be happening and we Indians should be united as this is a global crisis. Such incidents are very unfortunate given that there are over 10,000 people from the North East who are in Chennai. They are engaged in academic pursuits, professional careers, and they also work in the malls, restaurants and other informal sectors” Wapang Toshi, President, North East India Welfare Association Chennai, told WION. 

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/people-of-north-east-apprehensive-as-coronavirus-related-racist-incidents-on-the-rise-287420

 

Quote

The city police have registered a case and are investigating the identity of the man who allegedly spat on a woman from Manipur and heckled her in an incident of race discrimination linked with the global coronavirus outbreak.

Police said that the incident took place when the 25-year-old woman was walking on a dark stretch in her neighbourhood. She was alone at the time of the incident, and could not see the man’s face or the registration number of the scooter he was riding, they added.

BJP Nagaland president Temjen Imna Along on Monday appealed to the party’s presidents across states to ensure racial profiling does not take place.

 

“I take this opportunity to appeal to my fellow BJP presidents to use your good offices to create awareness about the diversity of our people,” he wrote.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/in-racist-attack-man-spits-at-woman-from-manipur-heckles-her/story-UvBvziJe7JhPJsqRWnXkKI.html

 

At this point, I'm counting down the days until we see the first serious act of violence that results in either a serious injury or death.

 

And it will most likely happen because some lund-fakeer read something about 'chinkis spreading disease in india' on whatsapp, facebook or any of your other favorite soshal meedia platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I appreciate your point, not everyone here thinks China equals anyone with "chinki" looks. We equate China as not just our rival but also someone who just like us have no self control and their behavior leading up to this pandemic. We should be rightfully mad at China and if one is suspicious, it can also be equated to a bio weapon on the world.

Coming back to these attacks, I agree. Its racist but since its straight forward, it can be easily thwarted with northeastern people fighting against this behavior. I have seen it live plenty of times in a restaurant named Adyar Ananda Bhavan where the workers are mostly northies with a few northeastern workers thrown in there. usually the northies call the northeastern guy or girl "chinki" which is abominable in the first place. But the northeastern population has accepted this behavior as normal which makes it even more sad. Now even the southie cash counter guy is even calling the girl chinese girl several times quite recently.

This is bizarre for someone who lived in a western country for a while. There this would entail racial discrimination lawsuit on the person or the company. One thing I would associate with our people. We as a whole are socially aggressive people meaning anything goes until they face some resistance. Since the northie bhaiyya type are the "most Indian" :rolleyes:, they usually are the most aggressive. Southies literally had to raise their voice to keep them honest. Northeastern people must take a similar stand and start calling northies on it everytime they hear chinki being uttered in their direction and refuse to take it as a joke.

Also please take a look on youtube about desi tourists in andaman and their behavior towards the andaman tribes. Or look at how our common folk look at African tourists and students in India.

PS - Also, make note of the fact that northeastern people like most asians whether it be east asian, indian, arab, etc adore white skin. They are more likely to have good opinions on northies rather than southies because of skin color alone even though the former is more pushy and offends them more. They have their own biases against other Indians. I'm pretty much given up on humans and their mentality. They are bound to do as they are permitted to do. Their is no stopping them unless the affected party or authority stops them. Hopefully the govt does something to make it better for the affected parties. That's what they are here for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

All big cities in India have this issue, they come down for employment and get harassed.

Its not just the cities, other areas are even worse but they don't go there for employment. In South India, northies are even going into villages for employment not sure about northeasterns. This is in TN, where even in Chennai nobody understands Hindi forget some small town or village. Southies are usually calmer and more tolerant than their northern counterparts. But southies usually demand higher pay and less work and are more likely to join unions :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

While I appreciate your point, not everyone here thinks China equals anyone with "chinki" looks. We equate China as not just our rival but also someone who just like us have no self control and their behavior leading up to this pandemic. We should be rightfully mad at China and if one is suspicious, it can also be equated to a bio weapon on the world.

Coming back to these attacks, I agree. Its racist but since its straight forward, it can be easily thwarted with northeastern people fighting against this behavior. I have seen it live plenty of times in a restaurant named Adyar Ananda Bhavan where the workers are mostly northies with a few northeastern workers thrown in there. usually the northies call the northeastern guy or girl "chinki" which is abominable in the first place. But the northeastern population has accepted this behavior as normal which makes it even more sad. Now even the southie cash counter guy is even calling the girl chinese girl several times quite recently.

Also please take a look on youtube about desi tourists in andaman and their behavior towards the andaman tribes. Or look at how our common folk look at African tourists and students in India.

 

 

What an incredibly stupid comment.

 

How is this "easily thwarted"? If a crowd of people attacks you, you're completely screwed. You're expecting north-easterners to "fight" for their lives?

 

Why not give them police protection, and put a stop to dogshit information being spread around on sharechat and whatsapp? Like i said, the average GAWAAR in an indian city isn't even aware that north-easterners are Indians. They think they're all chinese. If you can't recognize the risk, i have nothing left to tell you.

 

Have fun peddling your "bio weapon" theory while north-easterners get attacked and harassed all across india.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gollum said:

We are very racist esp towards our NE folks. Mindset can't change overnight, this is so sad.  

 

Need more initiatives like this one

 

 

It's very difficult to educate a population of gawaars when each and every media channel is screaming "chinkis ne bimaari phailay diya".

 

I mean, if so called "educated" people on THIS forum are spewing bullshit, imagine what the average gawaar is saying.

 

I feel so sorry for all the north-easterners in india. They'll be the ones that pay the price for all the fake nationalistic outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

It's very difficult to educate a population of gawaars when each and every media channel is screaming "chinkis ne bimaari phailay diya".

Really? I didn't see any prominent media channel doing that. Do you have examples? Real threat is from Whatsapp, see many educated and otherwise decent people treating WA University messages like Holy Gita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Really? I didn't see any prominent media channel doing that. Do you have examples? Real threat is from Whatsapp, see many educated and otherwise decent people treating WA University messages like Holy Gita.

try the hindi and regional channels. I saw a segment on republic hindi, and news nation. Zee hindustan had a segment on china and it's "eating habits". this is the kind of half-baked information that creates stereotypes.

 

These are BJP-supporting media by the way, which makes it even more disappointing. I'm expecting this to intensify over the next few weeks.

 

I'm not even gonna mention whatsapp or sharechat. even twitter, we have opindia and other BJP-led accounts going full anti-china. This kind of stuff filters down to the aam aadmi.

 

I don't really care about the politics, i'm highlighting the consequences this may have for north-easterners. it has to be taken seriously, at least give their communities police protection.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

What an incredibly stupid comment.

 

How is this "easily thwarted"? If a crowd of people attacks you, you're completely screwed. You're expecting north-easterners to "fight" for their lives?

 

Why not give them police protection, and put a stop to dogshit information being spread around on sharechat and whatsapp? Like i said, the average GAWAAR in an indian city isn't even aware that north-easterners are Indians. They think they're all chinese. If you can't recognize the risk, i have nothing left to tell you.

 

Have fun peddling your "bio weapon" theory while north-easterners get attacked and harassed all across india.

Fighting against this behavior doesn't mean physical fights :laugh: It means forming groups and raise a voice against this racism and take it to the political level. When people are not united, these things usually happen. The population of muslims in this country are about the same as northeastern people. How do muslims survive despite the stereotypes that are against them. The day to day muslims usually mind their own business but if someone is showing their bias against them, they will fight (again not physically although that sometimes follows). They will unite with their religious leaders and the people they voted for and ask for help. This is what fighting means. Physical fights never work and can even be used against you in court.

Again you are equating the northeasterners with China not me. I said the Chinese govt policies can be equated to using bioweapons even though that may not be true. Thats why I said "can be equated to" meaning its up for debate and opinion not a truth. I never said northeasterners are involved in bioweapons. You are filled with rage at this racism on behalf of the NEers and frothing at the mouth. Maybe you should calm down and look at my post with fresh eyes. There are plenty of states over the history of this country which has fought the centre namely Southies, Punjab, Maharashtra, etc on some level. All I'm saying is NEers also have to fight for their rights and talk to the people they voted for. Demand justice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Fighting against this behavior doesn't mean physical fights :laugh: It means forming groups and raise a voice against this racism and take it to the political level. When people are not united, these things usually happen. The population of muslims in this country are about the same as northeastern people. How do muslims survive despite the stereotypes that are against them. The day to day muslims usually mind their own business but if someone is showing their bias against them, they will fight (again not physically although that sometimes follows). They will unite with their religious leaders and the people they voted for and ask for help. This is what fighting means. Physical fights never work and can even be used against you in court.

Again you are equating the northeasterners with China not me. I said the Chinese govt policies can be equated to using bioweapons even though that may not be true. Thats why I said "can be equated to" meaning its up for debate and opinion not a truth. I never said northeasterners are involved in bioweapons. You are filled with rage at this racism on behalf of the NEers and frothing at the mouth. Maybe you should calm down and look at my post with fresh eyes. There are plenty of states over the history of this country which has fought the centre namely Southies, Punjab, Maharashtra, etc on some level. All I'm saying is NEers also have to fight for their rights and talk to the people they voted for. Demand justice

 

Muslims have political backing, they're the most important vote bloc for secular parties. north-easterners, as i said earlier, are on the fringes of society. they are more vulnerable. i'm not sure why you're still making this comparison.

 

and i find it strange that you're laughing at the prospect of physical fights. THAT'S EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING THAT HAPPENS in these situations. Maybe you should suggest forming "gangs" instead of groups. either way, your solution is terrible. asking north-easterners to victimize themselves in front of cameras - instead of simply providing police protection - is a terrible idea.

 

i never equated north-easterners with chinese - i'm saying the AVERAGE INDIAN GAWAAR ON THE STREET cannot distinguish between a chinese and north-easterners. This is beyond doubt. Please re-read what i wrote.

 

if your bio weapon theory hasn't been proven to be true, why mention it in the first place? THAT is what creates these situations. which is the whole point of this thread.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what happening in the USA after trump called it the "chinese virus".

 

You can't pretend that there aren't any real-life consequences for people. And this is in America, where the average gawaar is still fairly educated compared to India. Imagine what would happen in india?

 

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-asian-americans-report-hundreds-of-racist-attacks-20200327-pglnpbrupnd3ppasu7uf2itanu-story.html#nt=oft-Double Chain~Flex Feature~top-version1~asianamerican-1100a~~1~yes-art~curated~curatedpage

 

Quote

Asian-Americans report nearly 700 racist attacks in a week, from being spat on and screamed at to full-on physical assaults

Several victims also reported Uber and Lyft drivers who refused to pick them up and cashiers who told them to leave their stores.

The attacks are part of a wave of racial discrimination that has escalated since COVID-19 was first identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan about three months ago. Many in the public and even elected officials, including President Trump, have insisted on calling the illness the “Chinese virus” or “Kung Flu,” a rhetoric that experts say has incited hate against Asians all over the world.

Among the 673 reports filed on the STOP AAPI HATE forum over the past week, verbal harassment and name-calling were the most common types of discrimination. Asian-Americans of different backgrounds were targeted and 61% of them weren’t even from China.

 

THIS IS WHY you DO NOT call this a 'chinese virus', you morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Fighting against this behavior doesn't mean physical fights :laugh: It means forming groups and raise a voice against this racism and take it to the political level. When people are not united, these things usually happen. The population of muslims in this country are about the same as northeastern people. How do muslims survive despite the stereotypes that are against them. The day to day muslims usually mind their own business but if someone is showing their bias against them, they will fight (again not physically although that sometimes follows). They will unite with their religious leaders and the people they voted for and ask for help. This is what fighting means. Physical fights never work and can even be used against you in court.

Again you are equating the northeasterners with China not me. I said the Chinese govt policies can be equated to using bioweapons even though that may not be true. Thats why I said "can be equated to" meaning its up for debate and opinion not a truth. I never said northeasterners are involved in bioweapons. You are filled with rage at this racism on behalf of the NEers and frothing at the mouth. Maybe you should calm down and look at my post with fresh eyes. There are plenty of states over the history of this country which has fought the centre namely Southies, Punjab, Maharashtra, etc on some level. All I'm saying is NEers also have to fight for their rights and talk to the people they voted for. Demand justice

 

47 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

Muslims have political backing, they're the most important vote bloc for secular parties. north-easterners, as i said earlier, are on the fringes of society. they are more vulnerable. i'm not sure why you're still making this comparison.

 

and i find it strange that you're laughing at the prospect of physical fights. THAT'S EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING THAT HAPPENS in these situations. Maybe you should suggest forming "gangs" instead of groups. either way, your solution is terrible. asking north-easterners to victimize themselves in front of cameras - instead of simply providing police protection - is a terrible idea.

 

i never equated north-easterners with chinese - i'm saying the AVERAGE INDIAN GAWAAR ON THE STREET cannot distinguish between a chinese and north-easterners. This is beyond doubt. Please re-read what i wrote.

 

if your bio weapon theory hasn't been proven to be true, why mention it in the first place? THAT is what creates these situations. which is the whole point of this thread.

Hey moron get some reading comprehension skills. You need to be called a moron because you don't get the gist of my post. I was being nice to you on the previous post not to call you names but you kept on asking for it and you got it now. Congrats. Aren't you the same guy who used some vile abuse against @sandeep or someone else. If you want to go that level, I can too. keep that in mind. On top of that, you said my post was incredibly stupid. Oh the irony. Its people like you who are the reason for all the trouble in India. That gawaar mentality is in you too just because you are literate doesn't mean it goes away immediately.

I wasn't laughing at the prospect of physical fights. I was laughing at your first reply that you said I suggested NEers to get physical. Get it. Reading comprehension fail by you and your directing that frustration at me. I'm not going to be nice this time. Read the highlighted part of the post where I was saying the exact thing repeated by you. Do you need every part highlighted by me to get the point across.

Why mention the bioweapon theory? you should ask the entire world right now what they think of china. Even one english cricket fan who is usually civil hates china now. He doesnt hate Japan or Korea. No these theories never causes these incidents. It only shows how gawaar people are who equate china with all people who have that phenotype. You are no different

How come the muslims form a political bloc. Why do southern states vote for different parties other than bjp and congress. why do maharashtra vote for shiv sena. why do punjab has their own parties. I'm asking NEers to do the same. Form a bloc that fights for their rights. Maybe also engage the media to discuss them in positive light and tell them there are other people than chinese who have east asian looks - like themselves, bhutanese, some nepalis, japanese, vietnam, philippines, etc. Thats how democracy works.

I don't know how you took a legit criticism against Chinese and segwayed into an assumption that I said chinese and NEers are the same. this is ridiculous behavior. It seems you are the one with bias and channeling it on to me like a psychopath. Hey how is your walk across town going. You're putting others at risk another psychopathic behavior. maybe the danda should be directed towards you.

 

PS - Typing in caps :lol:

Edited by Real McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Real McCoy go easy on him, he's clearly young and immature - at that age, kids tend to get a case of "I know it all".  He's not a bad guy.  

 

Disagreements and discussions should not descend into pettiness - if one side is being silly, try and take the high road. 

 

Anyway, enough lecture baazi from me bhai.  I hope my point got across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

@Real McCoy go easy on him, he's clearly young and immature - at that age, kids tend to get a case of "I know it all".  He's not a bad guy.  

 

Disagreements and discussions should not descend into pettiness - if one side is being silly, try and take the high road. 

 

Anyway, enough lecture baazi from me bhai.  I hope my point got across.

Dude this guy is not THAT young. Wasn;t he talking about his FIL. So someone who is married doesn't get maturity. Seems strange. I don't know how his wife and relatives tolerate him. Also that sightseeing tour thread from him :no:Does this look like someone who is married and responsible. Seems a very irresponsible fella. You are right I'm getting into the unkil territory :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

 

Hey moron get some reading comprehension skills. You need to be called a moron because you don't get the gist of my post. I was being nice to you on the previous post not to call you names but you kept on asking for it and you got it now. Congrats. Aren't you the same guy who used some vile abuse against @sandeep or someone else. If you want to go that level, I can too. keep that in mind. On top of that, you said my post was incredibly stupid. Oh the irony. Its people like you who are the reason for all the trouble in India. That gawaar mentality is in you too just because you are literate doesn't mean it goes away immediately.

I wasn't laughing at the prospect of physical fights. I was laughing at your first reply that you said I suggested NEers to get physical. Get it. Reading comprehension fail by you and your directing that frustration at me. I'm not going to be nice this time. Read the highlighted part of the post where I was saying the exact thing repeated by you. Do you need every part highlighted by me to get the point across.

Why mention the bioweapon theory? you should ask the entire world right now what they think of china. Even one english cricket fan who is usually civil hates china now. He doesnt hate Japan or Korea. No these theories never causes these incidents. It only shows how gawaar people are who equate china with all people who have that phenotype. You are no different

How come the muslims form a political bloc. Why do southern states vote for different parties other than bjp and congress. why do maharashtra vote for shiv sena. why do punjab has their own parties. I'm asking NEers to do the same. Form a bloc that fights for their rights. Maybe also engage the media to discuss them in positive light and tell them there are other people than chinese who have east asian looks - like themselves, bhutanese, some nepalis, japanese, vietnam, philippines, etc. Thats how democracy works.

I don't know how you took a legit criticism against Chinese and segwayed into an assumption that I said chinese and NEers are the same. this is ridiculous behavior. It seems you are the one with bias and channeling it on to me like a psychopath. Hey how is your walk across town going. You're putting others at risk another psychopathic behavior. maybe the danda should be directed towards you.

 

PS - Typing in caps :lol:

 

You can call me a moron if you like, that's what the internet is for. Doesn't make my arguments any less valid though.

 

People like me? I don't even live in india, i'm here on vacation. I'm currently on lockdown, just like you... :hysterical:

 

I'm sorry, i don't have the means to "ask the entire world" what they think of china. And frankly, what some "people" think is irrelevant.

 

At this point, i'm not sure what you're replying to, so i'll bring the discussion back to where it needs to be:

 

Anti-chinese conspiracy theories create harmful stereotypes, and generally make every-day life for north-east indians far more difficult.

 

As the consequences are proven, there's nothing to debate. All i can ask of educated people like you is to not spread opinionated junk through whatsapp and other social media platforms. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude this guy is not THAT young. Wasn;t he talking about his FIL. So someone who is married doesn't get maturity. Seems strange. I don't know how his wife and relatives tolerate him. Also that sightseeing tour thread from him :no:Does this look like someone who is married and responsible. Seems a very irresponsible fella. You are right I'm getting into the unkil territory :lol:

????? My FIL? LOL.

 

I think you have me confused for someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude this guy is not THAT young. Wasn;t he talking about his FIL. So someone who is married doesn't get maturity. Seems strange. I don't know how his wife and relatives tolerate him. Also that sightseeing tour thread from him :no:Does this look like someone who is married and responsible. Seems a very irresponsible fella. You are right I'm getting into the unkil territory :lol:

Maturity doesn't always come with age, or marraige.  I was quite immature in my mid late 20s.  Still think I am.  But I digress.  

 

Some people's ego can't handle discussion or being challenged.  Once provoked they keep jumping around - take my little 'spat' with him.  Somehow he twisted my expression of concern about India - directed at you btw, continuing our previous discussion - into some kind of anti-India insult.  I suspect it was because it was my posts that disturbed his fantasy illusion of 'everything is fine, this is like a special vacation, let me post some pics'.  So now its all about how "USA" is screwed etc etc.  Whatever floats his boat I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Maturity doesn't always come with age, or marraige.  I was quite immature in my mid late 20s.  Still think I am.  But I digress.  

 

Some people's ego can't handle discussion or being challenged.  Once provoked they keep jumping around - take my little 'spat' with him.  Somehow he twisted my expression of concern about India - directed at you btw, continuing our previous discussion - into some kind of anti-India insult.  I suspect it was because it was my posts that disturbed his fantasy illusion of 'everything is fine, this is like a special vacation, let me post some pics'.  So now its all about how "USA" is screwed etc etc.  Whatever floats his boat I guess.  

 

That was a 'spat' ? God, you're awfully sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

That was a 'spat' ? God, you're awfully sensitive.

I'm not the one who apologized tail tucked, and had to delete his own comments.  And, let's remember, I accepted it quite happily.  Wouldn't be the case if I was "sensitive".  Call it what you will though, you do you.  How about another photo-essay round the block?  Maybe this time you'll get a few dandas.:p:

 

And btw, google what it means when somebody uses a word in quotes.  

 

I am enjoying your flailing though, quite entertaining!  Some folks don't know when to stop digging.  :p:

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people get scared, they tend to find some scapegoat to blame and they behave like this. Its basically out of fear. By the way, the OP is just as racist as the people who beat up NE people because he is also generalizing Indians based on actions of a few. What say ?

Edited by kubrickian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm not the one who apologized tail tucked, and had to delete his own comments.  And, let's remember, I accepted it quite happily.  Wouldn't be the case if I was "sensitive".  Call it what you will though, you do you.  How about another photo-essay round the block?  Maybe this time you'll get a few dandas.:p:

 

And btw, google what it means when somebody uses a word in quotes.  

 

I am enjoying your flailing though, quite entertaining!  Some folks don't know when to stop digging.  :p:

 

I didn't delete the comment, i edited it, because i felt it was the decent thing to do. This is what makes me a nice guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manny_Pacquiao said:

This is what makes me a nice guy.

:laugh:

 

Mr. "native born" American, do you have any idea what that phrase means in America? :laugh:  Do you know what incel means? They think they are "nice guys" too.

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

You can call me a moron if you like, that's what the internet is for. Doesn't make my arguments any less valid though.

 

People like me? I don't even live in india, i'm here on vacation. I'm currently on lockdown, just like you... :hysterical:

 

I'm sorry, i don't have the means to "ask the entire world" what they think of china. And frankly, what some "people" think is irrelevant.

 

At this point, i'm not sure what you're replying to, so i'll bring the discussion back to where it needs to be:

 

Anti-chinese conspiracy theories create harmful stereotypes, and generally make every-day life for north-east indians far more difficult.

 

As the consequences are proven, there's nothing to debate. All i can ask of educated people like you is to not spread opinionated junk through whatsapp and other social media platforms. 

 

If some influential country does what China did, they would entertain such a theory. I don't think its true but someone right here in ICF was saying this. China is our no.1 rival due to geographics. If you want a world without stereotypes, you need to go to space to live in another world. Back to this topic. NE people facing this is unfortunate but they have to band together and create some resistance against the racism. I can't think of any other suggestions than the ones I have posted.

BTW, everyone is on their own anywhere in this world. They will only fight their own fights. they dont go around fighting for other people's behalf. SRK who was in "my name is khan" movie also made a cheap "chennai express" movie filled with stereotypes of southies. So someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped as a muslim went around and made a movie that created stereotypes about another group. I'm sure northies as well as northeasterners laughed while watching that movie. So me being a southie, I don't have a dog in this fight.

PS - I don't do whatsapp forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

When people get scared, they tend to find some scapegoat to blame and they behave like this. Its basically out of fear. By the way, the OP is just as racist as the people who beat up NE people because he is also generalizing based on actions of a few. What say ?

 

I'm fine with fear....if it's rational.

 

Attacks on north-easterners is not rational. That is xenophobia, born out of ignorance. Nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:laugh:

 

Mr. "native born" American, do you have any idea what that phrase means in America? :laugh:  Do you know what incel means? They think they are "nice guys" too.

I'm saving my nice-ness for you, uncle. It's because my Indian parents taught me to respect elders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I'm saving my nice-ness for you, uncle. It's because my Indian parents taught me to respect elders.

That's why I keep saying - despite your silliness, you are not a bad guy.  Your parents taught you right - its not their fault if their efforts didn't succeed fully!:p:  Besides, its a wellknown fact that ABCD kids tend to be messed up mentally.  Its a tough existence for that 2nd generation.  My sympathies.:p:  

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If some influential country does what China did, they would entertain such a theory. I don't think its true but someone right here in ICF was saying this. China is our no.1 rival due to geographics. If you want a world without stereotypes, you need to go to space to live in another world. Back to this topic. NE people facing this is unfortunate but they have to band together and create some resistance against the racism. I can't think of any other suggestions than the ones I have posted.

BTW, everyone is on their own anywhere in this world. They will only fight their own fights. they dont go around fighting for other people's behalf. SRK who was in "my name is khan" movie also made a cheap "chennai express" movie filled with stereotypes of southies. So someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped as a muslim went around and made a movie that created stereotypes about another group. I'm sure northies as well as northeasterners laughed while watching that movie. So me being a southie, I don't have a dog in this fight.

PS - I don't do whatsapp forwards.

 

But that's the thing: you don't know exactly "what China did". All you have are theories.

 

The responsibility for stopping attacks on north-easterners lies with the public and the police, not with the north-easterners themselves. They are helpless victims.

 

Your suggestion isn't a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's why I keep saying - despite your silliness, you are not a bad guy.  Your parents taught you right - its not their fault if their efforts didn't succeed fully!:p:  Besides, its a wellknown fact that ABCD kids tend to be messed up mentally.  Its a tough existence for that 2nd generation.  My sympathies.:p:  

I think they did succeed, i was nice to you, wasn't I?

 

For your sake, i hope ABCD kids aren't messed up mentally, because then your own kid is in trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

But that's the thing: you don't know exactly "what China did". All you have are theories.

 

The responsibility for stopping attacks on north-easterners lies with the public and the police, not with the north-easterners themselves. They are helpless victims.

 

Your suggestion isn't a good one.


Beta, why do you pull random snippets from the post and go on the offensive. I never said this is my theory only whats discussed on this very forum. ok pumpkin. No one is a helpless victim. Once they form a good enough voting bloc and parties and associations, they will have their grievance addressed. Politics control the police who control the masses. My suggestion was a good one. Some people voted up my first post. Only I voted your post up. Now I'm wondering why. I don't think you have lived abroad probably visited those places with your old man's money. You wouldn't use "native born american" if you did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:


Beta, why do you pull random snippets from the post and go on the offensive. I never said this is my theory only whats discussed on this very forum. ok pumpkin. No one is a helpless victim. Once they form a good enough voting bloc and parties and associations, they will have their grievance addressed. Politics control the police who control the masses. My suggestion was a good one. Some people voted up my first post. Only I voted your post up. Now I'm wondering why. I don't think you have lived abroad probably visited those places with your old man's money. You wouldn't use "native born american" if you did.

 

 

Tell that to the Manipuri girl who got spat on by some guy in Delhi. I think she feels pretty helpless right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Well that's good to see.

 

I would like to see the major TV channels create a nationwide awareness campaign featuring north-easterners. All you can really do is educate people.

 

major news channels have diff priorities 

neways i dnt watch news channel so im surprised to know that it hasnt gotten a coverage ?? this guy was caught 2 days ago

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

 

Tell that to the Manipuri girl who got spat on by some guy in Delhi. I think she feels pretty helpless right now.

No, you tell that to your fellow delhiites how to behave. chennaiites and southies in general are well behaved enough. We don't indulge in crass behavior that humiliates others. Hard to give lectures when you yourself are a misbehaving brat who defies curfew and has no care for others's safety. stop quoting me. leave me out of it. adios!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

No, you tell that to your fellow delhiites how to behave. chennaiites and southies in general are well behaved enough. We don't indulge in crass behavior that humiliates others. Hard to give lectures when you yourself are a misbehaving brat who defies curfew and has no care for others's safety. stop quoting me. leave me out of it. adios!

Educated ones yes i agree but as a hindi speaking individual from northern part of India i have mixed experience for the few times i have visited Chennai. I would also upfront confess i last visited 8yrs ago so a lot might have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Educated ones yes i agree but as a hindi speaking individual from northern part of India i have mixed experience for the few times i have visited Chennai. I would also upfront confess i last visited 8yrs ago so a lot might have changed.

If something like what this delhiite did happened in Chennai, he would be beaten up by the local lower wage people like autorickshaw drivers. These lower wage people have other bad attributes such as intolerance towards other state people but they don't humiliate people like this. spitting paan on someone is the ultimate humiliation. Paan spitting and gutka chewing has increased in Chennai with the arrival of northie workers. some of these people spit every few seconds and don't even look at who is nearby and whether or not it may fall on them :facepalm:good luck with controlling this mass epidemic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If something like what this delhiite did happened in Chennai, he would be beaten up by the local lower wage people like autorickshaw drivers. These lower wage people have other bad attributes such as intolerance towards other state people but they don't humiliate people like this. spitting paan on someone is the ultimate humiliation. Paan spitting and gutka chewing has increased in Chennai with the arrival of northie workers. some of these people spit every few seconds and don't even look at who is nearby and whether or not it may fall on them :facepalm:good luck with controlling this mass epidemic

Yup the spitting thing in general is disgusting but even above that is public urination but we are who we are and lets just hope we dont go Italy or US way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

If something like what this delhiite did happened in Chennai, he would be beaten up by the local lower wage people like autorickshaw drivers. These lower wage people have other bad attributes such as intolerance towards other state people but they don't humiliate people like this. spitting paan on someone is the ultimate humiliation. Paan spitting and gutka chewing has increased in Chennai with the arrival of northie workers. some of these people spit every few seconds and don't even look at who is nearby and whether or not it may fall on them :facepalm:good luck with controlling this mass epidemic

This regionalistic attitude doesn't help. everyone should be united, as indians. now is not the time to do the northies vs southies bakwaas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, someone speaks about this in mainstream print media:

 

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/story/india-news-opinion-not-covid-19-racism-is-a-virus-that-knows-no-cure-and-india-is-a-hotspot/303019

Quote

Racism is a deadly virus. A global scourge that has no known cures yet. Its manifestations are ugly, even fatal. And who would know that better in independent India than a native of the Northeast—that part which is still mysterious and exotic for many of their countrymen. It’s not familiarity which breeds contempt here—it’s the lack of a capacity to be familial. An outright refusal by “mainland India” to see beyond its nose, to truly understand and appreciate anything beyond what it already thinks and knows. Here, they are presented with a diverse people, with div­erse cultures, languages and food habits, with one commonality: that for all of them, their home is not a remote corner of a huge country, but the centre of their universe.

But racism is a global pandemic, and also a local one. Taunts, abuses and even physical assault directed at people from the Northeast, with distinctly Mongoloid features, are a symptom that any roadside checking can catch. Just the other day, a Mizo girl, apparently a student, was accosted by a woman at a Pune department store. For the Pune woman, the Northeast girl was a “Chinese”, a carrier of COVID-19. Her abuses, caught on mobile phone video and widely circulated online, were only the latest proof of supreme ignorance. In Delhi, another inc­ident saw racism and sexism at work tog­ether when a 40-year-old man spat at a woman from Manipur and called her “corona”, following on some lewd comments. (The man has since been arr­ested, mercifully) That was no exception.

The inherent racism among Indians—against even other Indians—shows up often. Even inadvertently. Like a tweet by Ashok Swain, whose bio says he is a Professor of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University in Sweden. He faced a backlash, mostly from Northeasterners, when he tried to compare “exotic” Chinese food habits with “Frogs in Sikkim & Goa, Red Ants Chutney in Chhattisgarh 3. Snail stew, steamed hornet larvae in Nagaland 4. Dog meat in Nagaland, Mizoram & Manipur 5. Pig Brain in Meghalaya 6. Silkworm curry in Assam”. A rough ethnography that ended up, doubtless inadvertently, appearing even more racist. So widespread have been such ins­tances that political leaders of the Northeast have often appealed to the Centre to take harsh action against these racist attacks. A small irony there.

 

I don't agree with some of the political undertones contained in the article, but these comments are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

This regionalistic attitude doesn't help. everyone should be united, as indians. now is not the time to do the northies vs southies bakwaas.

Once again tell the same thing to your fellow northies. These racist incidents happened in the north. Change them first and preach later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 8:57 AM, jf1gp_1 said:

Educated ones yes i agree but as a hindi speaking individual from northern part of India i have mixed experience for the few times i have visited Chennai. I would also upfront confess i last visited 8yrs ago so a lot might have changed.

Agree. My experience too though it was 13 years back but there is some xenophobia was there towards Northies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, Real McCoy said:

Once again tell the same thing to your fellow northies. These racist incidents happened in the north. Change them first and preach later on.

Pune isn't north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pune isn't north.

Yes it is , North of South India. I agree the m rest of India has this superiority feeling over NE. I remember a lot of them went running back to their homes after rumors of some Muslims in Bangalore threatened to kill them as a retaliatory attack to hundreds of illegals were killed by Bodo separatists in Assam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need something similar from indian politicians. maybe PM modi could make a statement in relation to north-easterners?

 

 

Quote

 

President Trump said at a briefing Thursday he may stop referring to coronavirus as “Chinese virus” if it bothered the Chinese community.

Although he said he would consider nixing the term, he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it.

Trump began calling COVID-19 “Chinese Virus” soon after rumors began circulating among Chinese officials that coronavirus found its origin in the U.S. Army, and he rejected objections from the media that the term might be “racist.” However, he said that if China continues to protest the name he might stop using it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-may-stop-coronavirus-chinese-virus

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ranvir said:

These guys deserve independence, they'll never be accepted by mainstream India. Their culture is also very different.

oh, you brits.

 

thats your solution to everything. "GIVE THEM INDEPENDENCE!"

 

Bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, this is interesting.

 

Quote

Chinese nationals working in Nepal clashed with local Nepali people on ... The locals were agitated as the workers had just returned from China

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/south-asia/go-back-clashes-erupt-between-nepali-locals-chinese-workers-amid-lockdown/articleshow/74913551.cms

 

Maybe this is a solution? just use the north-easterners to express anti-chinese sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...