Sign in to follow this  
maniac

Quarantine: when will the torture end?

Bored :sleep:

already tried learning a new course, new skill. The novelty wears of after a while.

can’t get out of household chores now either 

Trust me my under normal circumstances this would be my idea of a vacation but I think this getting on my nerves :mad:

Hope some of you are making good use of this solitude. No one seems to know an ETA on this :wall: 

It wld definitely go on till may, just my guess. By next week whole country might be better prepared to face next phase. My only worry is the post lockdown job market. It's very hard to imagine.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I registered for a comprehensive course that teaches music theory and piano. I have a keyboard lying around at home.

BC pehle 20 min me hi pak gaya.

i thought by end of same day I will start playing like a pro but :(( pakau.

BC, bees saal lag jaate hain, to play like a pro, roz riyaaz karo ek ghanta.

10 hours ago, maniac said:

already tried learning a new course, new skill. The novelty wears of after a while.

Trust me my under normal circumstances this would be my idea of a vacation but I think this getting on my nerves :mad:

Hope some of you are making good use of this solitude. No one seems to know an ETA on this :wall: 

Join ICF's chess tournament. We have a thread pinned in chit chat

14 hours ago, maniac said:

learn to trade :p: 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

What genre in particular? 

Non fiction. Anything on evolutionary biology/psychology. On the lines of "The Naked Ape" or "The Moral Animal".

Poetry.

Anything which makes an otherwise boring subject fun, say like the Freakonomics series. 

And obviously stuff that can be downloaded off the net. :p:

Edited by Mariyam

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Non fiction. Anything on evolutionary biology/psychology. On the lines of "The Naked Ape" or "The Moral Animal".

Poetry.

Anything which makes an otherwise boring subject fun, say like the Freakonomics series. 

And obviously stuff that can be downloaded off the net. :p:

You would love Jared Diamond in that case. 

Start with his Guns, Germs and Steel. 

1 hour ago, velu said:

heard Erode got screwed by corona and you guys are watched by paramilitary :hehe:

not cool to make fun of screwing by corona and paramilitary monitoring :nono:. it can happen anywhere. also not cool to comment on the ability to lunge. lunge master has beaten sri lanka and pakistan in crunch matches even aus in aus. remember that 130m hit in adelaide. that bowler had to consult a sports psychiatrist to get back and he is not even in the national squad. Always take it deep. that will put the fear in the opposition camp. just out of the blue 130 m six :shock:. even the wittle master lunged but always looked uncomfortable and making us all nervous because he has those wittle legs and cant lunge properly. Lunging is an artform. when thala lunges, we are all secure.

41 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

not cool to make fun of screwing by corona and paramilitary monitoring :nono:. it can happen anywhere. also not cool to comment on the ability to lunge. lunge master has beaten sri lanka and pakistan in crunch matches even aus in aus. remember that 130m hit in adelaide. that bowler had to consult a sports psychiatrist to get back and he is not even in the national squad. Always take it deep. that will put the fear in the opposition camp. just out of the blue 130 m six :shock:. even the wittle master lunged but always looked uncomfortable and making us all nervous because he has those wittle legs and cant lunge properly. Lunging is an artform. when thala lunges, we are all secure.

Scorpio mars for Scorpio asc .. doubt corona virus will waste time in infecting them :bandit:  

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

You would love Jared Diamond in that case. 

Start with his Guns, Germs and Steel. 

Its a half-decent book, but this guy has a bad tendency to over-extrapolate his theories over everything.  Bad science after that book.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Its a half-decent book, but this guy has a bad tendency to over-extrapolate his theories over everything.  Bad science after that book.

Yeah but I found it better compared to Sapiens. 

@Mariyam I would also recommend Why Nations fail by Daron Acemoglu. 

6 hours ago, Stradlater said:

It's available in different formats here. 

https://archive.org/details/fp_Jared_Diamond-Guns_Germs_and_Steel

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah but I found it better compared to Sapiens. 

@Mariyam I would also recommend Why Nations fail by Daron Acemoglu. 

Thanks for the recommendation once again.

I wouldn't categorize Sapiens as a book on evolutionary biology/psychology. Sapiens is about evolving sociology of humans as a species. Great book nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

@Mariyam If you are interested in the story of rise of radical Islam in the world then The Looming tower is a must. 

I doubt I'd like that.

Coincidentally, I read a collection of prose titled "Deewaron ke beech" by Nida Fazli earlier in the day.

Its about extremism and confining women to their homes.

He starts with a few beautiful verses, thought I'd sher it here

Ghar ki badi hain shaan beti se

Mehka rehta hai dil ka jahan beti se

Zaroori nahi ki beton se naam roshan ho

Mere nabi ka chala khandaan beti se.

Edited by Mariyam

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation once again.

I wouldn't categorize Sapiens as a book on evolutionary biology/psychology. Sapiens is about evolving sociology of humans as a species. Great book nonetheless.

I doubt I'd like that.

Coincidentally, I read a collection of prose titled "Deewaron ke beech" by Nida Fazli earlier in the day.

Its about extremism and confining women to their homes.

He starts with a few beautiful verses, thought I'd sher it here

Ghar ki badi hain shaan beti se

Mehka rehta hai dil ka jahan beti se

Zaroori nahi ki beton se naam roshan ho

Mere nabi ka chala khandaan beti se.

Dayummm!!! 

The last line refers to Fatima right?