Is USA the new epicenter of Corona Virus

sarcastic

What do you expect to be the total cases from USA  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to be the total cases of Corona in USA at the end of Pandemic

• less than 1 million
    • 1 - 5 million
    • More than 5 million

On 3/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, mishra said:

I live in UK. I know that my family had flu in Feb. It was bad. Then again my whole family had flu in middle March.  It was very minor apart from my wife.  We all had minor cough, reddish eye, lil temperature (including kids). My wife had all of below symptoms.

1. Reddish eye. Eye burninig sensation (5 days)

2. Fever and Shivering (2+ days)

3. Constant dry coughing For 8 days (after first 3 days which had fever and shivering). Coughing was allmost every minute all day long on its peak  3 days.

Now, I canonly guess that it was corona virus. I am not certain as we were never tested.

I know a number of families which had similar experience.

I came back from Egypt early this month  ,I had a bad sore throat and dry cough but only lasted for a couple of days .

Now I come to think of it ,who knows what it was ! But still need to take proper care for another 15 days ar least 

4 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think koi test hi nahin kar raha theek se. Capacity aur resources nahin hain kissi ke pas testing ke. 

As per reports even in Wuhan 60% people had the virus who recovered on their own in lock-down without being tested. 

Italy reports thousands of cases daily, these are not "new cases". These are the ones who were infected way back but are being found out now due to lack of testing. 

Once you recover you should be testing negative. If there are people in Italy who were infected months ago and they recovered, their tests would not be positive today. We have to wait for the ant-body tests for that. 

3 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Once you recover you should be testing negative. If there are people in Italy who were infected months ago and they recovered, their tests would not be positive today. We have to wait for the ant-body tests for that. 

Within the total tests, there would be negatives as well which might be some of the recovered patients. 

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

For all the problems they are facing, US healthcare systems and infrastructure is incomparable to Ind/Pak.  Their systems, logistics etc are so much better equipped to respond.  They are already doing load-balancing of ventilators from one hospital to another, one region to another.  The gigantic convention center in NYC - Jacob Javits - is already converted into a giant ICU ward.  And not needed yet.  USMIL already has an action plan ready to convert available hotel buildings into hospitals.  They are rolling it out in advance, before they are needed.

And in spite of all the money and resources, there is a good chance that US will get overwhelmed with patients.  Bhai, apna koi chance nahi hai. Only hope and prayer is to stop the rate of infection, keep it low as possible.  That 10+ day lagtime in the jump of cases, is what is making people complacent.  

Arrey let's be optimistic. Remember, only desis can pull off Saragarhi.

4 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I'm just hoping that we get lucky and flatten the curve at a low level where it is.  Its just that the raw facts and probabilities are pointing in the other direction.

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

Bhai, I have no problems accepting anything.  Would love to be 100% wrong, and India not get community spread.  Please, God let that be the case.  But I don't think you are able to grasp the real risks that exist. 

Do you think the Indian government is crazy to order the 21 day lockdown? If things are already "handled" why do that?  

Now think whether the Indian "lockdown" is going to be effective and to what degree "social distancing" is possible to pull off and maintain.  

This is not to criticize India, its a *ing genuine expression of concern.

I am including lockdown in those steps.

14 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I had so much respect for how Rudy responded to 9/11.  What he has turned into, over the last 5 years is a sad pathetic caricature of a political foot-soldier.  He has sold out.  I don't want to look at anything he's touting.  Such a sad disgraceful fall.

39 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I had so much respect for how Rudy responded to 9/11.  What he has turned into, over the last 5 years is a sad pathetic caricature of a political foot-soldier.  He has sold out.  I don't want to look at anything he's touting.  Such a sad disgraceful fall.

The doc. is putting in his reasoning, his protocol and his outcomes of his treatment...I guess the interviewer matters less.

14 hours ago, MechEng said:

Striking and somehow appropriate that your example for 'optimism' involves the noble death sacrifice of poor soldiers as a result of bad policy and planning.  

Well US is country best equipped to deal with situation( even with their stupid President) they  have more number of ventilators than anyone and more papered considering the Pandemic they had in 2009, so hopefully they can give some information which can hopefully help other countries which are under prepared 

I would also look at Brazil as their president is refusing close down it would probably give us Idea what may happen in India if opens for business

52 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

if true, this is an act of war.

At a minimum, an act of criminal negligience, in service of selfishness.

Was it just to avoid 'looking bad' by incompetent officials - or was it a brutal cold calculation by communists - to infect the world so that China isn't the only one that suffers?  Will we ever know?  

CCP is evil.  

Just now, sandeep said:

At a minimum, an act of criminal negligience, in service of selfishness.

Was it just to avoid 'looking bad' by incompetent officials - or was it a brutal cold calculation by communists - to infect the world so that China isn't the only one that suffers?  Will we ever know?  

CCP is evil.  

I would think it is unlikely to be the case. I don't think they realized how contagious it is and have such a good idea about asympotamic transmission that well to think that rest of the world will get it before they realize. 

It is not wrong to say CCP is evil but I don't think they will be so effective in calculating how bad this will be for the world and for themselves etc. They just did not want to look bad infront of their own people and rest of the world and when they did take steps, it is too late for them and everyone too. 

Also, the spring festival has come in January this time. Usually it comes in February every year. A lot of Chinese students/workers in Europe/North America may have planned so that they taken Christmas break until spring festival too. 

I am sure a lot of travelling in and around China during the Spring festival has led to extremely large spread of the contagious population. The fact that it coincided with Xmas/New year holidays all messed it up for the world too.