Cricket Nerds Quiz

SK_IH

52 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Q2  Player A played for country B and C. He scored his highest test score in an historic series wherein he made news for off field reasons till he played that landmark innings at venue D.  Identify A,B,C and D.

Is this recent ? 

30 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Ok I give it to you, however I was not looking for this but this fits into the criteria as well. 

Answer I was looking for Sanju Samson, he won IPL with KKR in 2012

It's hard cause samson didn't play any game in 2012 and even die hard KKR fan will hardly remember this thing imo. Hard for someone to find out if you haven't followed that tournament and specially if player didn't even play single match.

Edited by Nikola
2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Unanswered questions :  

Q1  Connect following cricket venues wrt specfic statistical achievement in tests by particular set of Indian cricketers :

SCG, Sydney

MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai

FSK, Delhi

Corporation Ground, Madras ( Chennai)

Q2  Player A played for country B and C. He scored his highest test score in an historic series wherein he made news for off field reasons till he played that landmark innings at venue D.  Identify A,B,C and D.

Q3  This player is renowned more for his IPL batting exploits for Rajasthan Royals but has won IPL with another side. Who is he?

Combined hint : Wicket keepers

Q1. 150+ Scores/highest scores by Indian wicket keepers in Tests.

Q2. Billy Murdoch (England and Australia)? :dontknow:

45 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

You know your IPL :hatsoff: 

I would have never guessed.

Not sure if I even recollect this player.

Which 3 teams? Was his contribution to winning the IPL(s) noteworthy?

SRH (2016), MI (2017) and CSK (2018)...

The guy kept changing teams like we change dress and kept winning the league.  :giggle: 

It would have 4 in 4 for him if not for a last minute script change last year. 

6 hours ago, Norman said:

Is this recent ? 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Q1. 150+ Scores/highest scores by Indian wicket keepers in Tests.

Q2. Billy Murdoch (England and Australia)? :dontknow:

@Jimmy Cliff Bingo about 150+ score by Indian WK in tests :two_thumbs_up:

But not right about the other one. @Norman He retired less than a decade ago.

However let me add another hint for the question :

Q2  Player A played for country B and C. He scored his highest test score in an historic series wherein he made news for off field reasons till he played that landmark innings at venue D.  Identify A,B,C and D.  

In that historic series, team mate of A broke a individual batting record for his country, a record which is still held by that same team mate.

6 hours ago, Nikola said:

It's hard cause samson didn't play any game in 2012 and even die hard KKR fan will hardly remember this thing imo. Hard for someone to find out if you haven't followed that tournament and specially if player didn't even play single match.

It's meant for the nerds :giggle:

Another question :

During this ICC event A,  player B made his 2nd highest ODI score, which was the then highest individual score in World Cups. Incidentally player B had made his highest individual ODI score in a record breaking innings few years earlier against team C. Team C made finals of this ICC event A and went onto lose the finals against team D. Identify A,B,C and D.

The player in question is not recent  :p:

14 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Another question :

During this ICC event A,  player B made his 2nd highest ODI score, which was the then highest individual score in World Cups. Incidentally player B had made his highest individual ODI score in a record breaking innings few years earlier against team C. Team C made finals of this ICC event A and went onto lose the finals against team D. Identify A,B,C and D.

The player in question is not recent  :p:

Oh Oh I know I know

Are these ABCD?

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

@SK_IH   you have to tone it down a bit. Me getting no clues watso evva...:hitler:

During this ICC event A,  player B made his 2nd highest ODI score, which was the then highest individual score in World Cups. Incidentally player B had made his highest individual ODI score in a record breaking innings few years earlier against team C. Team C made finals of this ICC event A and went onto lose the finals against team D. Identify A,B,C and D. That country C is England

Player A played for country B and C. He scored his highest test score in an historic series wherein he made news for off field reasons till he played that landmark innings at venue D.  Identify A,B,C and D. 

In that historic series, team mate of A broke a individual batting record for his country, a record which is still held by that same team mate. That team mate is Sehwag.

Now you have got big clues :whack:

25 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

During this ICC event A,  player B made his 2nd highest ODI score, which was the then highest individual score in World Cups. Incidentally player B had made his highest individual ODI score in a record breaking innings few years earlier against team C. Team C made finals of this ICC event A and went onto lose the finals against team D. Identify A,B,C and D. That country C is England

Player A played for country B and C. He scored his highest test score in an historic series wherein he made news for off field reasons till he played that landmark innings at venue D.  Identify A,B,C and D. 

In that historic series, team mate of A broke a individual batting record for his country, a record which is still held by that same team mate. That team mate is Sehwag.

Now you have got big clues :whack:

1987 WC

Viv

England as you have mentioned already

Australia

46 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Player - Rahul Dravid

Venue - Rawalpindi 

46 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Player A played for country B and C.

By the way I have no idea what you mean by this. I thought this meant some player playing for two countries. :hitler: