Cricket Nerds Quiz

SK_IH

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Another one 

ARY Cup, a rather nondescript three nation tournament involving Pakistan, SL and NZ, held in Sharjah in 2001 made news in India despite India not being part of the competition. What were reasons?

Spot fixing ? 

I mean Pakistan and Sharjah in one sentence can only mean one thing..:giggle:

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

C'mon. Dravid never played any international games for Scotland. This was misdirection :whack:.

Try this one

Player A made his test debut by replacing player B, who was incidentally playing last test series of his illustrious career. Both A and B made their highest test scores in the same venue C, 4 years apart, wherein B scored a 100 and A narrowly missed out. Identify A,B and C.

18 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Try this one

Player A made his test debut by replacing player B, who was incidentally playing last test series of his illustrious career. Both A and B made their highest test scores in the same venue C, 4 years apart, wherein B scored a 100 and A narrowly missed out. Identify A,B and C.

Amit Mishra, Anil Kumble, The Oval :--D.

Another one, 

In ICC event A, player B top scored in the finals. Another player C, born in the same country as player B, won the player of the tournament award in that ICC event and helped his team D win that event. Player B retired from cricket due to an injury and took up another sport professionally. Identify A,B,C and D.

Edited by SK_IH
27 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Another one, 

In ICC event A, player B top scored in the finals. Another player C, born in the same country as player B, won the player of the tournament award in that ICC event and helped his team D win that event. Player B retired from cricket due to an injury and took up another sport professionally. Identify A,B,C and D.

2010 T20WC

Craig Keiswetter

KP

England

Too easy :glasses:.

@Jimmy Cliff on a roll :two_thumbs_up:

Last for the day, I hope it tests you

My first test match was the last test of the one of the most famous personalities of cricket. I am part of a select list of batsman and also hold a world cup batting record for my country. In my last ODI match I completed a rare double feat, so far achieved by only 4 other cricketers. I have played IPL for two different teams. Who am I?

Edited by SK_IH
4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

The three of us are very famous and were team mates during our playing days,we made our test debuts against the same country ,let's call it country x .We also ended up retiring from tests against the same country, let's call it country y.

Guess who are we and also the countries x,y.

Dravid Laxman Ganguly...

Countries - England and Australia 

Edited by Norman
3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

@Jimmy Cliff on a roll :two_thumbs_up:

Last for the day, I hope it tests you

My first test match was the last test of the one of the most famous personalities of cricket. I am part of a select list of batsman and also hold a world cup batting record for my country. In my last ODI match I completed a rare double feat, so far achieved by only 4 other cricketers. I have played IPL for two different teams. Who am I?

Rohit Sharma

5 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

Rohit Sharma

Rohit's first was Sachin's last.. 

Most no.of 100s in a single WC... 

His last ODI was against Australia where he scored his 29th century going past Jayasuriya... Only Tendulkar, Kohli, Ponting are above him...

Played for Deccan Chargers and SRH... 

6 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

Rohit Sharma

5 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

Rohit's first was Sachin's last.. 

Most no.of 100s in a single WC... 

His last ODI was against Australia where he scored his 29th century going past Jayasuriya... Only Tendulkar, Kohli, Ponting are above him...

Played for Deccan Chargers and SRH... 

Sachin' last test was not Rohit's first and Rohit is yet to play his last ODI match :giggle:

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Another one 

ARY Cup, a rather nondescript three nation tournament involving Pakistan, SL and NZ, held in Sharjah in 2001 made news in India despite India not being part of the competition. What were reasons?

No one answered this, before this series BCCI officialy declined the invitation in wake of Govt decision to not play matches in Sharjah due to match fixing allegations