Dhoni being accused of being stingy with donation

Texy

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Even Tendy's contribution of 50 lakh is on the low side.

Tendulkar has always been a stingy with his wallet despite having a net worth well over 1200 crore.

Same can be said about that petty fake patriot Amitabh Bachchan, who was caught pants down in Panama papers.

Here is how much Southern Stars with net worth far less than Tendulkar or Bachchan contributed.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news/coronavirus-crisis-from-prabhas-and-pawan-kalyan-to-allu-arjun-and-mahesh-babu-tollywood-superstars-donate-big-for-relief-efforts/photostory/74844638.cms

Edited by rangeelaraja

India must the only country in the world that genuinely hates the wealthy.

Most countries have some sort of working class-angst, but in India, this is very much the norm. Is it some kind of marxist legacy from the indira gandhi era?

I find it hilarious how most indians freely criticize the government for being corrupt, and then criticize celebrities for not donating to government-led efforts.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

1 hour ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Most countries have some sort of working class-angst, but in India, this is very much the norm. Is it some kind of marxist legacy from the indira gandhi era?

I find it hilarious how most indians freely criticize the government for being corrupt, and then criticize celebrities for not donating to government-led efforts.

Exactly .I dont understand why there is so much hate against the millionaires/billionaires amongst not only the poor /middle class but also the upper middle class .

I mean who has stopped them from themselves becoming rich? Why so much anger ?

And when these same businessmen ,sportsmen,industrialists contribute massive funds for such cause ,they go either dead silent or come up with idiotic reasoning .

Blaming the government, bureaucrats even on trivial issues , believe me ,its only them who come forward and try to help the common people in such dire situations. 

First try to compare yourself as a citizen with those in USA,europe and developed countries before comparing the elected representatives and others 

1 hour ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Nope, there's enough criticism worldwide of the wealthy. Given our wealth inequality, it's expected to have it higher than average. 

We could definitely pick up further on compassionate capitalism across income groups. I hope corporations & individuals whole heartedly contribute at least a days salary if not an entire week or more to help the weaker sections overcome this tragedy.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, sergio04 said:

Big up Akshay... he’s risen in my eyes. 25 crores is a big amount... if every big star donates the much the government can ensure food and supplies for the poorer people which means they do not have to leave their homes.

Edited by LordPrabhzy

The biggest shameless leechad is " big B".  A closet megalomaniac with fake modesty. 

Wonder how much more he needs to secure his son's 5 generations.

India has given him EVERYTHING, yet the leechad's  "give back to society" is only limited  to social messages.

Tendulkar is not far too behind Bachchan. 

For all those morons who are going to bother showing what little these 2 leechads have done my answer is :

How much you do must be relatively proportionate to your resources and wealth not an absolute number.

South Actors/Heros are a zillion times better these useless cricketers and Bollywoodias

Akshay Kumar is an exception. 

16 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Hating the rich is universal. Come and spend some time in USA, you will hear non-stop from liberals how the rich are milking the system, some of which is true. However, the uber-rich in US donate far more than their counterparts in India (even if you think is terms of rupees). 

4 hours ago, The Realist said:

Tendulkar has always been tight as a duck's a$$.

When captain of Ind he never took the team out for a meal/drinks and since retirement has given F all back to Ind cricket/society.

How would it have been percieved if a Hijra in full make-up carried drinks out on the field? :giggle:

22 hours ago, Clarke said:

Nope, there's enough criticism worldwide of the wealthy. Given our wealth inequality, it's expected to have it higher than average. 

We could definitely pick up further on compassionate capitalism across income groups. I hope corporations & individuals whole heartedly contribute at least a days salary if not an entire week or more to help the weaker sections overcome this tragedy.

Sure, but is there any other country where the independently wealthy are viewed as criminals? That's very india-specific. we keep hearing about modi being called the "suit boot ka sarkar", "ambani adani ki government", "crony capitalism", and so on...as if being associated with corporations makes you evil. this kind of diatribe only exists when there's an audience for it.

How do you know they aren't contributing? just because they don't publicize it? maybe they've done their part behind the scenes.

7 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Hating the rich is universal. Come and spend some time in USA, you will hear non-stop from liberals how the rich are milking the system, some of which is true. However, the uber-rich in US donate far more than their counterparts in India (even if you think is terms of rupees). 

I'm from the states. Wealth is often linked with intelligence and 'moral superiority'. Poverty is criminalized, and the poor are ALWAYS held responsible for their own predicament. If someone is wealthy, it is often assumed that they earned their wealth. of course, this doesn't prevent people from questioning the 'utility' of that wealth, and the rich often have to engage in public displays of benevolence to stave off criticism. there is criticism (from the libtards), but it is BALANCED out by the other side, and their points doesn't dominate the conversation.

America isn't really a comparison for the rest of the world, we're the only country that views charity as a direct substitute for welfare. Americans - liberals or conservative - generally hated big government and welfare. but there's no doubt that these attitudes are slowly being challenged, because inequality is the highest it has been since the 20s: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wealth-inequality-in-the-us-is-almost-as-bad-as-it-was-right-before-the-great-depression-2018-07-19

India is completely different. here, i get the feeling wealthy people are not only hated, but they are directly BLAMED for the country's problems. there's a robin hood syndrome that doesn't exist anywhere else. wealth creators are never given their due, and viewed as criminals. look at the congress party's speeches during the lok sabha elections: all they did was scream about wealth redistribution and blame corporates that were "stealing" people's money. the anti-wealthy criticism DOMINATES the conversation, and there's very little balance.

the poor, on the other hand, are ALWAYS seen as victims - either of circumstance or of conspiracy - and are often given sympathy. in india, gareebi becomes an identity, almost like a badge of honor. so much so that a poor person saying, "mai gareeb hoon", is often a valid argument (it is not). 

Imagine a crowd of "migrants" filling up a bus station in the united states, like we recently saw in delhi. what do you think the coverage would look like? I can practically guarantee that we'd have people in the media - and the public at large - calling for the police to disperse these "irresponsible vigilantes defying the law by creating a nuisance". here, it's mostly sympathy.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao