Feel good stories only please

coffee_rules

Indian gov finally releases contact tracing app, modeled after Singapore.  MIT did the same thing few days ago.  

Indian govt should require  that all cell phone companies push installation of this app right away.  

24 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

@Jimmy Cliff this is the only country that has banned 5g networks according to some conspiracy theories. And now this. Any clues? :hmmm:

No theories yet. Although a few weeks ago, there were a lot of :rolleyes: reactions when an Israeli scientist claimed they had started working on a Coronavirus vaccine nearly a year ago by "pure luck".

Edited by Jimmy Cliff

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

No theories yet. Although a few weeks ago, there were a lot of :rolleyes: reactions when an Israeli scientist claimed they had started working on a Coronavirus vaccine nearly a year ago by "pure luck".

Infowars is blaming the chicoms for everything. even though they hold considerable power, they are all subservient to the usual suspects. Infowars never mentions jews or isreal. his boss who produces the show is one of them and so is his wife. alex jones cover was blown multiple times before he started addressing this issue in a non chalant way. alex jones is just a front and attracts well meaning people who can be conspiracy theorists or right wing nutcases. i wont be surprised if he is part of the secret agenices. he is also a pr agent for them like how its mentioned in the tweet

Edited by Real McCoy

3 minutes ago, zen said:

The canals in Venice have relatively clear water due to reduced human activity :yess:

I love Venice.  Spent 4 days there in 2015.  Beautiful place.  Anybody who likes history, architecture and just the vibe of unique places, would love it.  Of course, only after the hordes of daytime tourists have left.  

Just now, sandeep said:

I love Venice.  Spent 4 days there in 2015.  Beautiful place.  Anybody who likes history, architecture and just the vibe of unique places, would love it.  Of course, only after the hordes of daytime tourists have left.  

Yeah, Venice is unique. I have fond memories of it. 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Yeah, Venice is unique. I have fond memories of it. 

Did you 'ride the gondola'? :laugh:I have an instinctive aversion to overly touristy activities, but the 5th day as we checked out and were leaving, I felt a bit guilty for depriving wifey of the 'experience'.  Walked over to the gondolas, and was about to get in, but it started raining - The gondolas aren't exactly very stable, so aren't allowed to operate if it rains.  That was that.  I guess I'm lucky that my better half is reasonably practical and not too hung up on such things! Then again, I probably wouldn't have married her if she wasn't!

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Did you 'ride the gondola'? :laugh:I have an instinctive aversion to overly touristy activities, but the 5th day as we checked out and were leaving, I felt a bit guilty for depriving wifey of the 'experience'.  Walked over to the gondolas, and was about to get in, but it started raining - The gondolas aren't exactly very stable, so aren't allowed to operate if it rains.  That was that.  I guess I'm lucky that my better half is reasonably practical and not too hung up on such things! Then again, I probably wouldn't have married her if she wasn't!

I do not recall riding the gondola. I do remember going around in the water taxis though. 

7 minutes ago, zen said:

I do not recall riding the gondola. I do remember going around in the water taxis though. 

I almost got into a fight with a stereotypical "Chinese tourist" on the vaporetto (water taxi).  Italian public transport have clearly designated seats, marked for handicapped, elderly or pregnant women.  This was our "baby moon" trip and wifey was visibly 5 months pregnant.  A chinese Unkil and aunty shamelessly jumped into those seats while wife and I boarded right with them.  I was pissed, and was about to let them have it but wifey stopped me, and I let her.  She didnt want a scene.  Banjo, the signs are written in multiple languages, and there are symbols for the illiterate.  You can't miss it.  It was a long-ish ride to that 'glass blowing' island, so it wasn't a question of a couple of minutes.  My wife is too nice. 

The stereotype about rude chinese tourists is unfortunately not baseless.  Have run into samples of it, in a lot of my travels - from Thailand to Cambodia to Italy, Greece, you name it.