Most artistic or elegant XI of all time?

Who was the most artistic cricketer ever?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the most artistic cricketer ever?

• Michael Holding
    • Gary Sobers
    • Zaheer Abbas
    • David Gower
    • Wasim Akram
    • Majid Khan
    • Frank Worrell
    • Mohammad Azharuddin
    • Gundappa Vishwanath
    • Victor Trumper
    • Sachin Tendulkar
    • Bishen Bedi
    • Abdul Qadir
    • Vinoo Mankad
    • Adam Gilchrist
    • Mark Waugh
    • Martin Crowe
    • Mushtaq Ali
    • Damien Martyn
    • Lawrence Rowe

This is my team of the 11  most artistic cricketers of all.They are not the most classy,technically perfect or statistically best.

Trumper

Majid

Gower

Zaheer Abbas

Worrell (C)

Vishwanath/ Azharrudin

Sobers

Knott (W)

Wasim

Holding

Bedi/Qadir

Who can forget the majestic artistry of Trumper on the wettest tracks The deftest touches of Majid ,Gower ,Azhar,Vishy or Zaheer sent the ball scuttling  to the ropes,taking and grace to regions of the sublime.Worrel was like poetry in motion being batting's ultimate connosieur..Vishy was batting's ultimate magician with his best strokes resembling a musical composition.Arguably Azharuddin was mores stylish than Vishy with his glorious leg glance .Who can forget the lazy elegance of Gower  or the sublime touch of Zaheer ,Azhar or  Majid who simply caressed a cricket ball.Vishy's cuts and flicks resembled Michelangelo sculpting.Wasim took pace bowling creativity or wizardry  to regions of divinty .Holding was fast bowling's ultimate poetry in motion.Qadir was the Wasim of leg-spin bowling.Bedi was like the Holding of spin bowling with the most graceful of bowling actions.Finally Sobers took all-round cricketing artistry to regions untraversed  or another dimension.Gary could bowl pace,spin and china man in addition to his great range of batting strokes and abilty to pull of the most superlative catches.

Edited by Harsh Thakor

Damien Martyn was not very elegant to watch.

Some names you are missing are Aravinda Desilva, Brian Lara- I mean how can you talk about elegance and miss his name, VVS Laxman, Stephen Fleming was very good to watch in full flow, Mahela Jayawardena FTB but good  to watch, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh but I understand it was accommodating max names available. 

also Most glaring omission  surprising from you is Saeed Anwar :ohmy: all things said and done he was an elegant bat, how did you miss him :fear1:  

13 hours ago, maniac said:

Some names you are missing are Aravinda Desilva, Brian Lara- I mean how can you talk about elegance and miss his name, VVS Laxman, Stephen Fleming was very good to watch in full flow, Mahela Jayawardena FTB but good  to watch, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh but I understand it was accommodating max names available. 

also Most glaring omission  surprising from you is Saeed Anwar :ohmy: all things said and done he was an elegant bat, how did you miss him :fear1:  

Disagree. Exhibit A

and Exhibit B

14 hours ago, maniac said:

Agree with Brian Lara and VVS. their shots were elegant. Fleming probably but not seen in full flow that much because of team needs. Mahela only in home conditions. One can argue that Sanga was more elegant. Rohit yes but doesnt last long against swing so only home conditions. Anwar was an underrated player. I think he was better than Inzi. both anwar and inzi made their batting somewhat solid with their awesome bowling lineup

For 1992-2003 period in ODIs .... the ones that I  enjoyed watching 

Sachin

Jayasuriya - big hitting in PP (though not good for Ind and Pak fans)

Lara

M Crowe - 1992 WC 

Jonty  Rhodes - fielding and running b/w wkts

Dave Houghton (WK) - 360 degrees batting. Remove a fielder from one area and he would hit the ball there 

Klusener - his batting in 99 WC

Wasim

Warne - bowling in 99 WC

Waqar - some good spells in 90s 

Donald - pace