If history can repeat, Ganguly will win India the WC.

gator

There are some parallels between 1983 and 2007 WC.... one of which is... a few months beforre the 1983 WC, Jimmy Amarnath made a comeback after being dropped. He came back with a vengeance and won India the WC by securing man-of-the-match in both semis and finals, IIRC... Ganguly also bowls gentle medium pace and has really come back with a vengeance after making a comeback few months before the WC... Can he be the man of the match in both semis and finals and win India the Grail....

Re: If history can repeat, Ganguly will win India the WC.

There are some parallels between 1983 and 2007 WC.... one of which is... a few months beforre the 1983 WC, Jimmy Amarnath made a comeback after being dropped. He came back with a vengeance and won India the WC by securing man-of-the-match in both semis and finals, IIRC... Ganguly also bowls gentle medium pace and has really come back with a vengeance after making a comeback few months before the WC... Can he be the man of the match in both semis and finals and win India the Grail....
Lets hope

Re: If history can repeat, Ganguly will win India the WC. Well, let me say I'm cautiously optimistic about India's chances at World Cup. They have this tendency of taking roller coaster rides when results are concerned. I have seen India winning all important matches getting into semi or final and losing everything out. So still feeling that pinch when I get excited about the recent highs. But hey we got 80% of the team now playing in form so why not rate the team as champion?

lol there was some similar thing in last wc' date=' it was like, India won wc in 83, then India will win again in 03...[/quote'] and in the '99 world cup.. last time WC was in england, india won, so we will win it again :lol:
rofl that way pakistanis would have just lost hope of winning this 07 wc, they prolly would be aiming for 2015...

I personally dont care who acts like whom or does what ! I just want them to get the freakin WC. Its about time we PROVE that we are as strong as we are on the paper !

Re: If history can repeat, Ganguly will win India the WC. last WC had so many coincidences that I almost believed that we will win that WC.. damn those aussies.. so in '83, left arm spinner/allrounder won the MOS.. lets see who do we have in that category.. ummmmmmmmm ohh yeah Yuvraj Singh Chaddha.. :wtg: i really dont believe in these though..