6 Year Old Cricket Prodigy?? - Rachin

No shots on the leg-side ? No hooks' date=' pulls, flicks ?[/quote'] read the comments, the guy says kid has different training sessions for each side of the wicket and what not even if he isnt playing those shots well, im sure within a few years he will be there are many international players who arent able to play all the shots in the book
No shots on the leg-side ? No hooks' date=' pulls, flicks ?[/quote'] Pred, he can play all that and more. For starters he plays 20+ year olds comfortably and puts them to sword. I bowl to him heaps too and have hit the helmet couple of times but the lad comes back with more entusiasm the next day. This lad can hit a ball any corner of the ground. Anyone that sees him bat the first time usually are shocked. You cannot pick a single issue with his batting or even bowling. A very natural cricketer coupled with amazing eye, dedication, very hard working and top work ethics. He plays so comfortably off the back foot he's more of a natural back foot player. The shots off the back foot on the off is a treat. If the kid can continue playing the way he is, he will be among the best ever.
High praise. So why haven't you become his agent yet ? You could mint a lot of money off that kid when he turns professional.
:D I'm happy where I am mate and I don't need anything more than what I got. Meanwhile the kid has the right attitude. He doesn't even worry about all the attention he gets and gets on with his cricket. He's been talked about in the radio, people in cricket circles mention him very highly but he doesn't seem bothered at all. More than his ability I like his attitude to cricket and his love for the sport.
ravi how do you know him? where is the kid from?
I know him quite closely as I come from the same town, Wellington, NZ. I coach a bunch of kids and he's one of them. To be honest I coach him less and learn more from him :D