Key Biscayne player beats himself -- with racket

suraj

When Russian tennis player Mikhail Youzhny made a bad backhand volley into the net at the Sony Ericcson Open on Key Biscayne this week, he hit himself in the head with his racket -- not once, not twice, but three times. Since those self-administered whacks, the hits have kept on coming for Youzhny. A YouTube video of the incident had generated 567,000 hits as of 11 a.m. Wednesday morning. It has also been shown on MSNBC, on various sports highlights shows and on other cable outlets. ''Oh, my, that had to hurt,'' said one of of the commentators on the YouTube video, lifted from Sky Sports 2. ``I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. . . . That's a self-inflicted wound.'' ''Almost Van Gogh-like,'' observed his broadcast partner. ``At least he didn't cut his ear off.'' The cut sent rivulets of blood flowing down his forehead and nose. Despite the wound, he won the match. But he then fell to Janko Tipsarevic in the fourth round, 3-6, 6-0, 6-3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDdnAOxQCc]YouTube - Tennis Player Mikhail Youzhny Hits Himself[/ame] :omg::omg::omg: