RP Singh deservez a thread - not just for poor bowling, but disgusting fielding

RP Singh seems to be losing it...are we seeing the same thing that happened to Irfan Pathan? Metamorphing into a trundler...only thing is that IKP fields better than RPS and is a much better batsman. RPS is a walking wicket when he bats.

63.6 Sreesanth to de Villiers, FOUR, like we said.... Sreesanth aims for the inswinging yorker, dishes out a low full toss and de Villiers merely pushes it through the line and beats the diving RP at mid-off 63.5 Sreesanth to de Villiers, FOUR, Sreesanth overpitches outside off and de Villiers times that well through the line and places it wide of RP at mid-off. We've seen the trend today, just place it wide of mid-off and a boundary is guaranteed :giggle:
wow? he is a pretty crappy bowler? WTH?? just recently he is bowling bad and how come u r using "He is" AS IF HE always bowl like Sami??
remember the series against pak in 2006 when he bowled so well? ever since i have been seeing one crappy performance after the next from him, barring an exception here and there.

There are some players who can be somewhat ok (poor, but somewhat ok) when they are not in form - examples: Dravid, Tendulkar, even Sehwag becos he scores quickly can get a quick 20 before he is out. in bowlers: examples: Kumble or Zaheer Khan (Note: You will be able to tell clearly they are out of form, and their perf will be ordinary to say the least, but they will scrape by) There are others who are horrible, horrible when out of form. An example of such bowler is RP Singh. Example of such batsmen will be: Laxman or Ganguly. They wont scrape by when out of form, they'll just be woeful. RP Singh is like this. Regarding fielding, RP Singh, Munaf Patel et. al are one of our weak fielders. No fielding talent, no commitment while fielding.

Give him a break please. I'm tired of seeing people wanting 11 super humans playing for India with not one to fail in a single game. Not all 11 will do well all the time. Other than Bhajji none has wickets to show in this series, shouldn't we be playing with 10 batsmen and one bowler in that case.

lol u take the last 2 balls of the day, where is goes to rp...and u call him a bad fielder :haha: wah finey new low :P i didnt watch..but am pretty sure it wasnt like the ball went through his legs or something.. something prob tuff.. and u saying rp was at mid off ALL the time india were on the field?

Not strictly relevant to the thread, but I was watching some of the game and think that he should perhaps switch his stock ball from the inswinger to the outswinger - or the cross seam delivery. The batsmen seem prepared for his inswinger and so can play him off the leg stump, but he could be a lot more deadly if the ball acted as a surprise. Even less relevant, but I feel that Pathan has acted well as a support seamer. He has pitched it up and continued to do so despite going for runs - well in the knowledge than him bowling short is counter productive. I am really confused as to why he is not getting more swing though, he is getting good seam position and good revolutions on the ball.

Not strictly relevant to the thread, but I was watching some of the game and think that he should perhaps switch his stock ball from the inswinger to the outswinger - or the cross seam delivery. The batsmen seem prepared for his inswinger and so can play him off the leg stump, but he could be a lot more deadly if the ball acted as a surprise. Even less relevant, but I feel that Pathan has acted well as a support seamer. He has pitched it up and continued to do so despite going for runs - well in the knowledge than him bowling short is counter productive. I am really confused as to why he is not getting more swing though, he is getting good seam position and good revolutions on the ball.
RP Singh has not taken a single wicket in the last match or this one so far. Terrible dip in performance. Irfan Pathan will find it tough on Indian pitches - best you can hope from IKP is to keep it tight and act as the relief 5th bowler. Having said that he will still be selected ahead of YS, becos IKP can bat better in Tests.
RP Singh has not taken a single wicket in the last match or this one so far. Terrible dip in performance.
Firstly, I never said he hasn't played poorly. Secondly, has his performance dipped? He bowled the same line and lengths in Australia, just with better conditions and pitches for swing and seam bowling.
Irfan Pathan will find it tough on Indian pitches - best you can hope from IKP is to keep it tight and act as the relief 5th bowler.
You talk about him keeping it tight, but he has pitched the ball up well in this Test match; with a more helpful ball in swinging conditions, he could act as a good attacking third seamer. Pathan lacks an effective bouncer, which has made him seem unimaginative when bowling - when he tries to pitch it short, the ball just dies. With correct biomechanics, anyone over 120kph can bowl a good bouncer, just look at Collingwood's.
Firstly, I never said he hasn't played poorly. Secondly, has his performance dipped? He bowled the same line and lengths in Australia, just with better conditions and pitches for swing and seam bowling.
You dont bowl the same Line and Length in all pitches. You need to adapt.