This is the level of ruthlessnes...

Re: This is the level of ruthlessnes... Surprising. A batter of Sarwans quality...should work as a kick up the backside though Youre right...guys like Sehwag who are so inconsistent- in ODIs anyway- need this kinda treatment. Theyre pretty happy in their comfort zones.

Re: This is the level of ruthlessnes... Whatever WI does they will struggle in test cricket. Lara himself doesn't do enough justice and has been on and off for the last couple of years. Yes he has produced couple of fighting hundreds but he has thrown away his wicket as many times as Sarwan has done. WI batters in test cricket do not put a price on their wickets. Same with bowling too, they either bowl too well or too bad. With this kind of inconsistency it is not easy for them to win too many test matches.

Re: This is the level of ruthlessnes... I am, and have always been a huge fan of Lara, the batsman. Now I think he has earned his stripes as captain too. His axing of Sarwan displays an iron hard resolve not to get underperformers get away time & again with not pulling their weight. Indian management, take note.

Re: This is the level of ruthlessnes... I think it's just Lara's stupidity kicking in. You don't axe one of your best batsman unless you have have a decent replacement at close distance. Runako Morton - a guy known for his poor temparament and mediocre ability, is not what i would i call, a decent replacement. WI aren't going to gain anything from this move. Lara says "It's an opportunity for him to spend some time off the field and see what it's like and come out back into the middle maybe more energetic and more purposeful." What bullsh*t. Well captain marvel, why don't you take your own advice ? 'cos Sarwan has batted with a far greater sense of purpose than you have recently. Case in point; the Kingston test vs India. In the 2nd innings when the chips were down, Sarwan launched a counter-attack - scoring a brisk 50 in that 2nd innings while you tamely got out LBW when the team needed a good start, and then you went on to blame the pitch, blame the selectors, blaming everyone but yourself. Sarwan has also averaged higher than you did in the home series vs India and in the series played in NZ. Food for thought.

Re: This is the level of ruthlessnes...

I think it's just Lara's stupidity kicking in. You don't axe one of your best batsman unless you have have a decent replacement at close distance. Runako Morton - a guy known for his poor temparament and mediocre ability, is not what i would i call, a decent replacement. WI aren't going to gain anything from this move. Lara says "It's an opportunity for him to spend some time off the field and see what it's like and come out back into the middle maybe more energetic and more purposeful." What bullsh*t. Well captain marvel, why don't you take your own advice ? 'cos Sarwan has batted with a far greater sense of purpose than you have recently. Case in point; the Kingston test vs India. In the 2nd innings when the chips were down, Sarwan launched a counter-attack - scoring a brisk 50 in that 2nd innings while you tamely got out LBW when the team needed a good start, and then you went on to blame the pitch, blame the selectors, blaming everyone but yourself. Sarwan has also averaged higher than you did in the home series vs India and in the series played in NZ. Food for thought.
I echo similar sentiments, Lara should set an example by being responsible and not keep whining away every other series. In fact if West Indies has lost a lot of games in the last 2-3 years it is also because loack of consistency by Lara. You don't belive me? Have a look at his scores in the last 2 years. :shrug: