Kumble to quit ODIs after WC

Holysmoke

Bangalore: The World Cup will in all probability be Anil Kumble's last One-Day tournament. The veteran leg-spinner has told CNN-IBN's Priyanjana Dutta in an exclusive interview that he will possibly be the last time he will be seen in coloured clothing. Priyanjana Dutta: How excited are you about this World Cup given the fact that this could be your last World Cup? Anil Kumble: I think it is a really exciting World Cup. It's in the West Indies and will be watched by millions and millions of viewers. It is definitely going to be my last World Cup; probably the last One-Day International series for me. So definitely it is going to be challenging. Priyanjana Dutta: You did very well during the Test series in the West Indies last time. Do you think that will stand you in good stead this time also? Anil Kumble: I think One-Day cricket is different but with all my experience of having played the One-Day format in the last 16-17 years will help and also the fact that in the last Test series in the West Indies I had a good time. It will definitely help my confidence. Priyanjana Dutta: How much do you the recent series win over Sri Lanka and the West Indies will help the team? Anil Kumble: It has helped the team. It is always good to go in to the tournament after having won a couple of series. And both teams - the West Indies and Sri Lanka - are good teams. Having beaten them has given us surely given us confidence. Priyanjana Dutta: An honest answer from you Anil. How fair do you think are India's chances of winning the World Cup this time? Anil Kumble: I think we have a very good chance. We go in as the finalist of the last tournament. I don't see any reason why we don't have a chance http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/23390/kumble-to-quit-odis-after-wc.html click link for video

Re: Kumble to quit ODIs after WC

gonna miss that wryly bugger! but i think its good that he is stepping aside. its time powar and murli kartik have their tryst with destiny.
Pray ,tell me what is Murali Kathik tryst with destiny ? :chin:
to be honest i dont follow indian cricket as closely as some of you people do, so my opinions might be occasionally eccentric and unfounded, but i have always been a big fan of murali karthik... i guess you differ. but dont get me wrong, powar is at the top of the list... he is my absolute favorite indian cricketer at the moment.