IPL SuperSelector now available - Prize: PUNDITS FROM PAKISTAN

King

yeah but you don't get to keep those points if you subsitute that player again, right?? so whats the use??
Yes you do keep them. The idea is simple. At the time of substitution, whatever your score is, you lose 25 points irrespective of who you substitute.

Yes you do keep them. The idea is simple. At the time of substitution, whatever your score is, you lose 25 points irrespective of who you substitute.
ok so for example I should have subsituted SRT with some player who I thought was atleast worth 25 points today, right? and I will only gain or lose the points based on how they do after they are in the team- regardless of history, right??

ok so for example I should have subsituted SRT with some player who I thought was atleast worth 25 points today, right? and I will only gain or lose the points based on how they do after they are in the team- regardless of history, right??
Yes and yes. The theory is like this - I now have Uthappa in the team. Mumbai is not playing today but Jaipur is. So I may replace Uthappa with Jayawardene. That will cost me 25 points. If Jaya scores 25+ points today, I will gain. If he bats like Ganguly did yesterday, I'll lose. So it is a gamble. After this match, you may again shuffle players around, and replace Jaya with someone else (even Uthappa again) depending on the circumstances. I scored a quite a few points with this tactic in the Ranji super league but this time lost more than I gained.

Yes and yes. The theory is like this - I now have Uthappa in the team. Mumbai is not playing today but Jaipur is. So I may replace Uthappa with Jayawardene. That will cost me 25 points. If Jaya scores 25+ points today, I will gain. If he bats like Ganguly did yesterday, I'll lose. So it is a gamble. After this match, you may again shuffle players around, and replace Jaya with someone else (even Uthappa again) if the circumstances are right. I scored a quite a few points with this tactic in the Ranji super league but this time lost more than I gained.
Thanks for clarifying

ok' date=' so I will shuffle in the future. Good tip[/quote'] With 20/20 it is very much a lottery because you can get quite a lot of negative points for both batting and bowling. So it is probably more profitable scoring nothing rather than taking the risk. If you are looking for fun, it is good; but if you are serious about doing well, it should be used with a lot of caution.

After winning so handsomely in the Pura cup final SS, I have decided to gracefully retire from all SS competitions and abstain from participating in 'em henceforth. After all, others' should also experience the same sense of elation I felt, after winning one SS series. :D

I was 110th yesterday but made changes to benefit from 25 point deduction for each subsititue ... now my team (Apna Sapna Money Money) is ranked 35 :yay:
i was 2nd the other day now i am 6th:D .. but still persisting with the same team...:-D :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:who is rank 35th... hmmm apna sapna money money... paji neeche hi rahoo..:aetsch:

varun... btw.. you are genius.. !! also I think bowlers need more respect in your SS.. :D
yah atleast becharee logo ko aaj kaal bhut kaam wicket mil rahee hai ... at least for 1 wkt 20 points should be there and if he takes 5 wicket haul then 50 points extra should be added. As 5 wicket haul is same as making century in ODI. ^^ just a suggestion Varun.

i was 2nd the other day now i am 6th:D .. but still persisting with the same team...:-D
All because you did not pick Sehwag in your team. It was exciting to watch you and dkjain move down the table while Sehwag was batting :regular_smile:

i was 2nd the other day now i am 6th:D .. but still persisting with the same team...:-D :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:who is rank 35th... hmmm apna sapna money money... paji neeche hi rahoo..:aetsch:
Oye hero tera uncle is playing big game this time .. end main Apna sapna money money will kick ASS ... Mujhe cartman ki kasam I will be in the top 10 :hatsoff: I am substituting player for every game , its more like gambling on the players who will do well b4 each game :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: