Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib

Zooter

and Asif play in the World Cup even if they fail the dope test that they'll probably be taking sometime soon??? The PCB held up their argument that they did not knowingly take the banned substances. If a small amount of nandrolone is still found in their system, ... how can they be blamed (if they weren't blamed the first time)?

Re: Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib Isn't it the PCB's call? It was the first time. The PCB suspended and then un-suspended them. The ICC did nothing. What's the ICC gonna do now--if they do something--didn't they have the authority to do it in the first place?!?!

Re: Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib i think in ODIs we have the goods on both shoaib and asif... i could not care eitherways if they play or not. but here is the interesting thing. if they took the drugs unknowingly as they claim in the form of tainted supplements (which is such a load of compost... i have been taking muscle building supplement such as creatine, casein protein, and other recovery formulae etc for the past year and a half and i passed my mandatory drug testing at my job) then these should wash out of their system whitin 6 weeks. whereas anabolic steroids injected intravenously into your blood stream (now unless inzi injected them which they were fast asleep, you cant do this "unknowingly"), then their signature will be present in the bloodstream for upto six months. now its been close to 12 weeks since they were tested. so if they are so particularly petrified of taking the tests, i say there is something more to the story then we know. for it could not have been tainted supplements that they might have taken (those would have been long washed out).

Re: Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib Ah ViVeri...are you sure about this... If you are this is HUGE news...and the Actors (pun intended) are guilty as sin... Also I have always wondered why Cricket Australia who fight anything against an Aussie player quickly gave Warne a 1 year ban?... Did they know he was taking more than SLIMMING PILLS?

Re: Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib

Ah ViVeri...are you sure about this... If you are this is HUGE news...and the Actors (pun intended) are guilty as sin... Also I have always wondered why Cricket Australia who fight anything against an Aussie player quickly gave Warne a 1 year ban?... Did they know he was taking more than SLIMMING PILLS?
couple of things... Cricket Australia actually reduced the ban to one year. Warne was found guilty of using diuretics... now thats something that causes you to piss like a freakin fountain of life... but what it does is that it removes other toxin that might be present in your blood stream. when he was tested, he was initially banned for two years (that the standard punishment for a first offense). the ban was then later reduced to one year at a hearing where he claimed that the diuretics were used to reduce his body weight and administered by him mum. ah vanity... my favorite sin! now yes, i am certain that anabolic steroid injected into the blood stream leave a signature for atleast six months depending on the individual's metabolic rate. whereas those consumed orally or subcutaneously (i.e. rubbed into the skin) leave a trace for 8 to 12 weeks, give or take a few.

and Asif play in the World Cup even if they fail the dope test that they'll probably be taking sometime soon??? The PCB held up their argument that they did not knowingly take the banned substances. If a small amount of nandrolone is still found in their system, ... how can they be blamed (if they weren't blamed the first time)?
They wont for sure. PCB wont risk them in an ICC tournament. If ICC conducts the test & they are found guilty, the case falls under the ICC's jurisdiction. PCB has no control over it. And given the bad blood between ICC & PCB, ICC will screw them, by imposing the max possible ban. PCB could appeal, but dpoey & mopey wont make it to the cup, anyways. So there is little point in picking them in the first place. By the time the world cup is over, the nandro levels in their resp bodies would have come down & the cheats will continue to play.

Where is the second violation here ? ICC never found them violating anything. PCB claimed that they caught the dopeys & then promptly set them free. So they never really violated anything' date=' legally[/quote'] PCB and the ICC are all kind of linked entities.

^ But setting them free' date=' effectively absolved them of any wrong doing. So they never really violated anything, technically speaking.[/quote'] That is being appealed by WADA, isn't it? If they fail the ICC test, the ICC can sit them down till the WADA appeals are heard and resolved. Anyways, I read on some cricinfo writeup that the PCB is very hesitant to send these two to the WC for fear of them getting caught by the ICC and sent home for life. One thing is clear. The ICC seems to have the most bogus of all dope policies and enforcement procedures. It is almost like they don't really care.

Re: Wait a minute ... won't Shoaib It makes no sense to send the dopeys if their nandro levels are higher than normal. ICC will surely test them & ban them. Even if the ban is appealed against & the appeal is honored (which is the best case) the two will miss the world cup. PCB can avoid all this natak & simply stage the dopeys post world cup after their body drains all the nandro. Thats the best way PCB can protect them.