Bowler of the day thread

Cricketics

McGrath showed how an old fashioned line and length is still good enough for all formats of the game. McGrath so far is a clear winner. He will be tested extremely when he comes up against the likes of Haydos, Tendulkar, McCullum and the rest.

There's only one contender today' date=' and its a shame that this guy didnt get the MoM. A day in which 409 runs were scored off 40 overs, Gony HAD to win the MoM. No other choice.[/quote'] Bowled well, The good thing about him is that his fitness is well above that of VRV Singh. VRV goes back to his runup as if he is climbing the Mount Everest. But the batsman always gets the MoM over the bowlers

Guest HariSampath

Manpreet Gony !!! Whadda bowler for Chennai to have...this kid has huge ability and a cool head on his shoulders , would surely go a long way next season. Chennai have got lucky by getting him !! GO Gony !!

Gony's Economy Rate : 4.50 Other bowlers combined : 11.48 :omg: Do we have any minnow series coming up? I can bet Gony will find a place in that, given that Dhoni has plenty of chances to see his worth.

Gony bowled well today (according to stats and cricinfo's ball-by-ball - I haven't seen the highlights today). I still don't understand how Joginder gets wickets. I am not trying to belittle him but he is not that intimidating and he doesn't have great pace, and doesn't bowl a consistent line and length - how is it that he gets wickets? He should be in the T20 team, though - cause people keeping getting out to him.