Shikhar Dhawan

amits

^^^ Sehwag struggled in domestic :-D Just saw the highlights. That tattoo is niiiiice. Plus, he can hold his own in interviews. No pressure, he belongs in the BIG stage. I'm so effin excited with Young India :yay:
I remember the interview Rohit gave with Gavaskar, where Gavaskar was just ordering him around (beta, agli baar century maarna etc) - and poor young Rohit was "yes sir" I think interviewing skills become better as you age

better than rohit! huh. slow down brother. All these players are still young. lets give them time and see how they mature. Kambli was superb in his youth. Sanath was nothing, he reinvented himself.
Time time ki baat hai! us time mein time bahut tha! is time mein time hi kahan hai! everything instant is wanted these days...these days we are not giving proper chance of invention...you are thinking of reinvention...these days we are going by popularity and not by essence of the game!

Rohit Sharma is the most overrated Indian Cricketer of the decade.
When has Rohit Sharma not performed well according to you (except for that duck against KKR) - Virat Kohli takes that overrated honour IMO - great fielding, a few flashes of brilliance with the bat, but not much more Kohli and Sharma are almost same age (1 year difference) - I'd prefer the latter in the middle order :two_thumbs_up:

guys wats ur problem with Rohit sharma and too be honest with u cricketman he is much more talented than DK although im a fan of DK myself..Rohit has proved his mettle against the aussies and even ponting acknowledged that..and he is jus 20.. and amit if u take only domestic performances then i guess most of the team members wudnt have made it in the first place..yes Dhawan is gud and lets hope he gets his chance but comparing him with other cricketers is not the rite thing wen he hasn even played a single international game..

it looks like amit's regional bias is rearing its ugly head....next he will recommened guys from texas because he stayed there once upon a time!
there is no regional bias. i support players from all regions of india. outside the delhi & up players, i have talked of some other upcoming players like yusuf pathan, nayar, goni as well

looking at today knock from rohit sharma, i think i should remove rohits name from this thread. but irrespective of the dhawan & rohit sharma comparison, dhawan looks to be good batsman and better than the uthappas who have got a chance. rohit sharma looks to be in a different league

i can easily tell that you dont know your cricket... overrated and of the decade? :cantstop: btw you should change your name... 'cricketman' doesnt suit u.. :two_thumbs_up:

looking at today knock from rohit sharma' date= i think i should remove rohits name from this thread. but irrespective of the dhawan & rohit sharma comparison, dhawan looks to be good batsman and better than the uthappas who have got a chance. rohit sharma looks to be in a different league
yes, today he has played a marvelous innings...lets see if goes consistently in this DLF-IPL.

yes' date=' today he has played a marvelous innings...lets see if goes consistently in this DLF-IPL.[/quote'] dude u are contradicting ur statements man..a overrated guy can never play innings like this..so u have changed ur opinion after seeing this innings is it..RS is pure class and if u cant see it then im sorry u are not following the game properly..

dude u are contradicting ur statements man..a overrated guy can never play innings like this..so u have changed ur opinion after seeing this innings is it..RS is pure class and if u cant see it then im sorry u are not following the game properly..
Shikhar Dhawan has played consistently well...whatever you infer, but it will interesting to see if RS delivers consistently. In comparision to SD, definitely we have rated RS very high...ain't we?

Shikhar Dhawan has played consistently well...whatever you infer' date=' but it will interesting to see if RS delivers consistently. In comparision to SD, definitely we have rated RS very high...ain't we?[/quote'] what do u mean "interesting to see"..dude RS has scored 176 runs in the 5 matches he has played in IPL so far and he is the 3rd highest run getter in the tournament..so isint that consistent enuf for u..and y do u think he is rated highly..coz he delivers wen his team needs the most..be it international cricket or domestic cricket..i don see any reason for ppl not rating him highly..he is the future of indian cricket and the most talented of the young batsmen..dhawan hasn played any international cricket so far and u cant compare him with RS..yes he is gud no doubt abt it but let him play against the top teams in the world and then v ll reserve our judgments..RS has proved himself frm the T20 wc to the recent aussie series and even in IPL thats y there are a lot of ppl rating him so highly..hope u get it..

hit 52* off 41 balls and looks to be a great player. he is a better batsman than the rohit sharmas & uthappas we have in the team. dhawan avges 40.52 in fc matches & 46.92 in list-a which r great stats. and dhawan was the highest run-getter in the u-19 wc 2004 scoring 505 runs@84.16 & sr 93.51 & also was the highest run-getter in the 2006 eurasia cup scoring 271 runs@90.33 & sr 92.49. players who had worser avges than dhawan have got chances but dhawan hasnt got a chance due to the anti-delhi ness of indian selectors. dhawan was also in smashing form in both the fc & domestic odis this season even scoring 395 runs@56.42 & sr 103.67 shikhar dhawan is 1 of the domestic players to watch out in the ipl & has already went for more than what ponting went in the ipl getting $205000 & i hope shikhar dhawan gets his chance in the odis this year and in batting, dhawan even hit a 4 off the 1st ball he faced from shane warne & he has a good technique when he hooks & pulls. dhawan, hooks from above his eye-level, but plays the hook shot in such a way that the ball remains grounded & can play short-pitched bowling really well. also, dhawan plays the pull shot wel
Kambli was better in domestic than Sachin. Sehwag was real bad in doemestic. Wasim, Waqar hardly played any domestic. Yout point has no logic.