Shikhar Dhawan

amits

hit 52* off 41 balls and looks to be a great player. he is a better batsman than the rohit sharmas & uthappas we have in the team. dhawan avges 40.52 in fc matches & 46.92 in list-a which r great stats. and dhawan was the highest run-getter in the u-19 wc 2004 scoring 505 runs@84.16 & sr 93.51 & also was the highest run-getter in the 2006 eurasia cup scoring 271 runs@90.33 & sr 92.49. players who had worser avges than dhawan have got chances but dhawan hasnt got a chance due to the anti-delhi ness of indian selectors. dhawan was also in smashing form in both the fc & domestic odis this season even scoring 395 runs@56.42 & sr 103.67 shikhar dhawan is 1 of the domestic players to watch out in the ipl & has already went for more than what ponting went in the ipl getting $205000 & i hope shikhar dhawan gets his chance in the odis this year and in batting, dhawan even hit a 4 off the 1st ball he faced from shane warne & he has a good technique when he hooks & pulls. dhawan, hooks from above his eye-level, but plays the hook shot in such a way that the ball remains grounded & can play short-pitched bowling really well. also, dhawan plays the pull shot wel

I think he needs more than one good knock in the IPL to prove himself against quality opposition - but he does look like a good batsman.
dont worry there. dhawan will hit 5-6 more good knocks

I think he needs more than one good knock in the IPL to prove himself against quality opposition - but he does look like a good batsman.
definitely, he will hit a lot. I have seen his game when he was playing in the inaugural tournament at the new stadium in UAE ( Shaiykh Zayed Stadium ), two years back or so. Shikar has lots of potential in him and possess skillful game.

definitely' date=' he will hit a lot. I have seen his game when he was playing in the inaugural tournament at the new stadium in UAE ( Shaiykh Zayed Stadium ), two years back or so. Shikar has lots of potential in him and possess skillful game.[/quote'] dhawan was the highest scorer in that tournament. also, in the challengers trophy sometime back in 2004 (or was it 2005), dhawan hit 126 runs in 1 of the match. i cant understand y wasnt dhawan selected in the 2007 challenger trophy when bunches of unknown players were selected in various teams who dont even make their zonal sides

dhawan was the highest scorer in that tournament. also' date=' in the challengers trophy sometime back in 2004 (or was it 2005), dhawan hit 126 runs in 1 of the match. i cant understand y wasnt dhawan selected in the 2007 challenger trophy [b']when bunches of unknown players were selected in various teams who dont even make their zonal sides
may be selectors thought that he needs sometime more to get matured and technically sound or the other factor would have been, purely hidden with BCCI.

AND he has a badass tattoo!! Do the selectors need any more reason???
at this advent of IPL, many youngsters will prove their mettle...I hope many many youngsters will get chance after this tourney to play for the country.

dhawan made another 25* today. he looked comfortable again spin & even hit warne for a 4 in the 1st match. even players like yuvraj struggled against warne. also, gave excellent support to sehwag who was exploding at the other end. also, dhawan has yet to be dismissed in the ipl

:giggle:
whats there to laugh in that. look at dhawan & rohit sharmas domestic records and u will get to know what i said. dhawan was doing well in ranji whereas rohit sharma struggled

He definitely looks international material. We shouldnt forget that IPL is a big leap in the level of quality for the domestic Indian players. Not many of 'em would have been accustomed such extreme levels of professionalism, quality and discipline. With the gap being so big between FC cricket and IPL, only a few make the transition easily and look as though they belong. Dhawan, along with guys like Ravi Jadeja and Gony give the impression that they have that quality.

and now another 32-ball 50 with 3 huge 6s from dhawan making him only the 2nd indian player(after gambhir) to hit 2 50+ scores in ipl. GET HIM INTO THE INDIAN TEAM IMMEDIATELY dhawan is better than some of the youngsters we have in the indian team. he was the highest scorer in the u-19 wc in 2004 & the eurasia cup in 2006

I've always liked Shikhar Dhawan, however lets not jump the gun by declaring he is better than Rohit Sharma et al. All these yengsters have potential, whether they can translate the potential to prolonged success... - as Arun 'hehehe' Lal will say - Time will tell.