I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa

DesiChap

I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa Having forced his way into India's World Cup cricket squad with some blazing knocks, opener Robin Uthappa believes his ability to adjust quickly to pitches and bowlers will prove handy during the mega event. The 21-year-old batsman said he had now matured as a player and was smart enough to come to terms with difficult situations. "I have the ability to adjust quickly to pitches and bowlers I have never faced before. It's been the case with me whether I have toured Australia or England," he told PTI in an interview. Uthappa, who made the cut for Caribbean with just eight one-day internationals under his belt, said although he was a naturally aggressive batsman certain situations could force him to be patient and more selective in his shots. "There are moments when you feel you can do anything and get away with it. At times, you have to be smart to come to terms with difficult conditions. "If you are willing to back yourself and spend time at the crease, you are bound to succeed in the end," he added. He dispelled the perception that he was found wanting against fast and rising deliveries on his chest. Referring to his two cheap dismissals against West Indies and Sri Lanka in recent weeks when he was dismissed for 28 and 7 runs, Uthappa said "on both the occasions, it was special deliveries which climbed on to me and while fending the catch went to slips. It isn't as if my back-foot play is not up to scratch". Uthappa, who went off the radar after just three one-dayers last year, said he used the time to practice for longer durations. "I used the period to improve my cricket. I realised I needed to bat for longer period and started setting goals for myself. Essentially, I looked to bat all 50 overs," said the Bangalore-based batsman. Among the areas he has grown, Uthappa mentioned his technique to switch on-and-off while batting to keep his concentration going. "I am usually a very intense person but I have realised you can't be intense all the time. So it's better I switch on-and-off which refreshes me and keeps my concentration going." He said his faith in divine has been a defining factor in his meteoric rise in recent weeks. "I am spiritual and converse with Him even when I am at crease. One could see my mumbling between deliveries while batting. Being religious has helped me gain serenity and peace," he said. The new-found focus brought handsome results as Uthappa top scored in domestic cricket last season and forced selectors, seeking options after a disastrous tour to South Africa, to have a re-look at him. "We can do well in the World Cup but I strongly feel the side which deserves to win would actually win the World Cup. "We are a good side and I have used this little gap to work on my practice and training as well as follow the diet chart which has been provided to him," he added. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind one for him as he talked of his experience of interacting with eminent seniors such as Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid. "They all have been encouraging. Sachin told me to look to time the ball rather than hit all the time; Sourav is very experienced and keeps telling me little things about batting while partnering me at the other end," he said.

Re: I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa "I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa " Obviously not smart enough if he has to mumble "with Him" :hic: Let's see if the mumbling helps when his batting goes through a lean patch :lmao:

Re: I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa

He said his faith in divine has been a defining factor in his meteoric rise in recent weeks. "I am spiritual and converse with Him even when I am at crease. One could see my mumbling between deliveries while batting. Being religious has helped me gain serenity and peace," he said. .
Inzi clone , we have here . :lol:

Re: I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa Religion in Sports is not a major thing! Each player has his or her own beliefs, whether it be a particular religion or lack of one. Only thing is lot of time players use religion for publicity. But my personal opinion is prayer together before the game is a good thing, as it is a symbol of unity even if each player is praying to a different God.

Re: I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa

He should keep your religion to himself' date=' no need to tell everybody what and why or how you do whatever[/quote'] Exactly. Remember, that nitwit MOYO who actually compliments his new found faith for his new found form. Jeez, what does that tell you about his old religion then ? :shrug:

Re: I'm smart enough to tackle difficult situations: Uthappa I hope he can back all this big talk...... "We can do well in the World Cup but I strongly feel the side which deserves to win would actually win the World Cup. " so wats the deal here..do we deserve the damn thing or not? :hic: