2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view?

koksmayu

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view? Sachin - 03 Dravid - 03 Gangs - 03 Mongia/Kaif/Utappa/KKD - 07 only cos mongia was horrible before and during WC Yuvraj - 07 Sehwag - 03 Bowling - 03 WK - 07 Fielding - 07 slightly Apart from Dhoni and yuvi, noone else is better than his 03 counterpart in such a way to offset Sachins loss of form or the dream run our bowlers had. Noone expected us to play like wht we did in 03 before the WC,lets hope its the same case this time as well.

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view? Just to put some things into perspective. Dada had a good tournament in 2003, but a closer examination would reveal that he piled on the runs against the minnows. Dravid has finally found a niche for himself, but being the brilliant player that he is, he is just as brilliant today as he was yesterday. makes you wonder if he will ever retire! Yuvraj is certainly a much better player today. A lot more confident, a lot more settled and he has a lot many more successful exploits in the kitty now as compared to 2003 where he was still a talented find. Our batting is strong, but then again it has always been. While we dont need tendulkar to give us a start, that means that we can rest on the fact that the little master is in the wings and he is always a handful. He might be older, but he is wiser and believe me, he will be just as good at the tendulkar of 1996 and 2003 if not better. However, we do have our share of problems. While Zaheer is as potent as a cobra's venom, our other bowling is a bit unreliable. Agarkar is eccentric and while he was exceptional last time around in the Carribean, he will be up against batting line ups that are better than the one he bowled to during the indian tour of 2006. Similarly, harbhajan is low on confidence (but never short on arrogance!), and kumble, well i would have prefered powar. And yes, Sehwag needs to get into the groove and he needs to do it quick! Same goes with our fielding. in 2003 we were brilliant... we had kaif, mongia and yuvraj, but this time there is only yuvraj...

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view? we are comparing the teams form prior to the WC ,so its only fair that we talk only about the team prior to the WC. Gangs might have only scored against minnows in 03 but he was among the top 5 ODI batsmen at that time.. And dravid was averaging over 50 in his new WK/middle order role..

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view?

we are comparing the teams form prior to the WC ' date='so its only fair that we talk only about the team prior to the WC. Gangs might have only scored against minnows in 03 but he was among the top 5 ODI batsmen at that time.. And dravid was averaging over 50 in his new WK/middle order role..[/quote'] well in that case, i d say 2007 is still better considering that in 2003 we were coming of the back of a horrible escapade in new zealand whereas this time around, we have done well to wash away the dirt accumulated from the south african series with victories against west indies and sri lanka.

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view? Dhoni and Munaf will be the trump cards in this WC for india... i sense a big role from Dhoni.... in Bowling deptt...i think its better than 03 in terms of form and skills.. inform, intelligent zaheer...economical Munaf..wickettaker agarkar... and ever green bhajji.... and with return of hungry ganguly...has given boost to indian batting..atleast he will not be a walking wicket.... Dravid...does not need any advice or external input.... sachin too...will play his game... only Sehwag needs to sort his game.... Team india needs a solid start from him..and he must try to stay on the pitch for at least first 20 overs... yuvi...i am not expecting him to do wonders....couple of 50s from him.... and some good catches..and few econimical overs...

Re: 2003 indian team versus 2007 , which is better ur view? 03 was better The attack that year was awesome. Is good this time around, but im not sure if its the same league. Most imp though- Sachin. He was a demon back then. Not the same player- still in great nick mind you...which is wonderful...