Sign in to follow this  
Rohan495

Yuvraj Singh: Yuseless even as a captain

yuvraj has proved to be the worst captain in the tournament. got a big score of 166, but couldnt defend it against a team which made only 129 in their last match. also, allowed chennai super kings to make 240 when they were 86 after 10 overs, conceding 154 off the last 10 overs. played 6 bowlers in the match, so when they were 4 down, the all-rounders started to come & there was no batsman to follow after irfan pathan its good that yuvraj never became the indian captain & isnt likely to become a captain in future as well

What do we expect? we have the most useless spinner in chawla...he is been useless...and I just dont liek sreesanth. Rest of the team is good with the need to have sarwan instead of jayawardene and yuvraj up the order.Luke pomerbasch deserve to play the game...He is one of my fav domestic oz bat. I have been saying it for a while. and a bit of gelling together in the team and the sense of pride.Captain should ensure this.doesnt luk liek happening so far..

I wouldn't blame Yuvraj. He is doing fine with the bat, but the team just isn't gelling. Their bowling attack is also a very erratic one - Sreekanth and Lee can be devastating on their day but they also spray it around a lot and batsmen don't need to try that hard 'cos they get plenty of pace off the bat when facing them. Chawla has been a real let-down. The captain is only as good as his players

if any team gives away 154 runs in last 10 overs, then the captain must resign. maybe its time to change the kings xi punjab captain & have someone else other than yuvraj captain the team. there was no dew factor in the 1st match, yet chennai super kings who were 86 after 10 overs, were allowe to make 240, adding 154 runs off the last 10 overs

wtf captain gonna do when hussey played once in lifetime inning , same when yuvi plays innings like that in international cricket do the other captain at fault . cant believe so many people hate yuvi . probably he is punjabi same with bhajji too, so much hate for punjbai sikhs here

wtf captain gonna do when hussey played once in lifetime inning , same when yuvi plays innings like that in international cricket do the other captain at fault . cant believe so many people hate yuvi . probably he is punjabi same with bhajji too, so much hate for punjbai sikhs here
http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=33533 :icflove: There is just no unity in the Punjab team right now. And, I'm surprised they are fielding so badly with Yuvraj being their captain. I was supporting Rajasthan all the way, so can't really find any points to make abt Yuvraj's captaincy, but he definitely aint no Dhoni. So far, Laxman, Bhajji, Yuvraj - not great captaincy.

i support dhoni but its just so much anti yuvi people here' date=' its mindboggling[/quote'] Yuvraj in ODI's: Awesome(when in form) Yuvraj as captain: Lackluster(seems to have a part of his brain that dont work Yuvraj in tests: A Big NO NO Yuvraj against spin: needs to perfect his sweep shot, always gets out in the same way thats about it, its the truth.

Yuvraj in ODI's: Awesome(when in form) Yuvraj as captain: Lackluster(seems to have a part of his brain that dont work Yuvraj in tests: A Big NO NO Yuvraj against spin: needs to perfect his sweep shot, always gets out in the same way thats about it, its the truth.
Completely agree! :two_thumbs_up:

its because of his attitude...He thinks his place in Playing XI of team india is his baap ki jaagir.. Yuvi is good till ODIs...people are against the chances he has been given to succeed in tests.. we have so many quality players waiting in wings..still Yuvi some how makes it to the team.. may be because of I S Bindra...and regional quota..

I agree.....even Chawla? what the hell is this kid doing on the test squad? he is a lolly pop bowler as Boycott would say if i was given an opportunity to scout talent, id find 100 spinners better than him

Yuvraj should take things match by match..... He should learn from other captains like DHoni,Dravid,Saurav etc These guys are sure to help yuvi.......:icflove:

cant believe so many people hate yuvi . probably he is punjabi same with bhajji too, so much hate for punjbai sikhs here
F*CK YOU for twisting this into a ethno-religious issue. Most people dislike Yuvraj for well known reasons: He is absolutely USELESS against spin and thats coz he has only one shot to play- the f*cking sweep shot ALL the time. Someone said he needs to perfect his sweep shot....no, he just needs to stop playing the sweep to the spinners every goddamn ball and play OTHER strokes is what he needs. I don't care if you have the best hands and eyes in the world- if you are a one-trick pony against spinners, ANY good spinner will make you their personal b!tch. Not to mention,Yuvraj is not that strong against attacking pace bowling either-which is why he has mostly played 'soft innings' in tests and been a nobody in the test arena. As for Bhajji- look up his ODI record and test record outside India...all he ever does in ODI is bowl it flat and fast and never attack. And all he ever does overseas in tests is fail against all except the softest of oppositions.....neither of them deserves really to be in the Indian team(Yuvy is okay in ODIs, but bhajji-in neither format) but we have no better choice at this time.

F*CK YOU for twisting this into a ethno-religious issue. Most people dislike Yuvraj for well known reasons: He is absolutely USELESS against spin and thats coz he has only one shot to play- the f*cking sweep shot ALL the time. Someone said he needs to perfect his sweep shot....no, he just needs to stop playing the sweep to the spinners every goddamn ball and play OTHER strokes is what he needs. I don't care if you have the best hands and eyes in the world- if you are a one-trick pony against spinners, ANY good spinner will make you their personal b!tch. Not to mention,Yuvraj is not that strong against attacking pace bowling either-which is why he has mostly played 'soft innings' in tests and been a nobody in the test arena. As for Bhajji- look up his ODI record and test record outside India...all he ever does in ODI is bowl it flat and fast and never attack. And all he ever does overseas in tests is fail against all except the softest of oppositions.....neither of them deserves really to be in the Indian team(Yuvy is okay in ODIs, but bhajji-in neither format) but we have no better choice at this time.
wow somebody is angry! hahaha

Yuvraj in ODI's: Awesome(when in form) Yuvraj as captain: Lackluster(seems to have a part of his brain that dont work Yuvraj in tests: A Big NO NO Yuvraj against spin: needs to perfect his sweep shot, always gets out in the same way thats about it, its the truth.
thts a bit rich coming from the fan of laxman whos the worst captain of all time..

DUDE 4 THINGS 1 Yuvi is just okay in odis????lollllllllllll what dope are you smoking? Certainly not the one the cricketing world is smoking. 2. Bhajji won the mos for the last test series so stfu ..will you? Bhajji is awesome. 3. Yuvrajs captaincy cant be judged based on 2 games where players from all over the world are playign in his time. Sometimes it takes times to gel with ppl that never played with you and youc ant do much if somone plays a michael hussey type innings but definately it can be improved a lot. 4. I am not gonna argue over yuvis test match potential cuz only time will tell but maybe you are right for now.

1 Yuvi is just okay in odis????lollllllllllll what dope are you smoking? Certainly not the one the cricketing world is smoking.
Yes, he is okay, maybe decent in ODIs..off the top of my head, i can think of atleast 15 batsmen I'd have before Yuvraj in ODIs if i were to choose from the world list. Thats 'okay' category!
2. Bhajji won the mos for the last test series so stfu ..will you? Bhajji is awesome.
Learn to read...i said Bhajji is a total flop OUTSIDE of India...last series was in India...so YOU STFU!
3. Yuvrajs captaincy cant be judged based on 2 games where players from all over the world are playign in his time. Sometimes it takes times to gel with ppl that never played with you and youc ant do much if somone plays a michael hussey type innings but definately it can be improved a lot.
I don't give a $hit about Yuvraj's 'captaincy potential'- a guy who is not a regular in both formats of the game and has zero captaincy record in domestic games has ZERO claims to captaincy as far as i am concerned.

cant believe so many people hate yuvi . probably he is punjabi same with bhajji too, so much hate for punjbai sikhs here
This is obviously a relatively childish comment, CC is right ; there is abs no point in dragging this to a religious discussion What the hell is Gambhir and Dhawan then? I am a staunch mumbai supporter but would love to see yuvi, bhjaai and any other punjabi do well ( well, except nehra ) Dhillon paaji, there is no racism here else rohan might sue us for discrimination against hyderabadi batsmen

One of the reason Yuvraj lost out to Dhoni is because he is an arrogant @ss who is not gonna gel with either the seniors or the newcomers. Just check his behaviour after he hit those 6 sixes in 20/20. As for Bhajji, the less said about him the better.

One of the reason Yuvraj lost out to Dhoni is because he is an arrogant @ss who is not gonna gel with either the seniors or the newcomers. Just check his behaviour after he hit those 6 sixes in 20/20. As for Bhajji, the less said about him the better.
yar vo mascarenhas and Flintoff ke taraf dekh kar bol raha tha.. hota hai yar. vese he is not a captainship material with a shadow of doubt.

I dont think UV will ever be a good captain or for that matter a test player. Bhajji is a hot head and I think he gets away with a lot of cr@p that he does ... now b4 u accuse me of being a punjabi hater let me clarify that I also think that VV@ss is also not a skipper , Ganguly should have retired form ODIs at least 12 months ago , drvaid is pushing his luck a little too much and my hate for mr Azhar is pretty well known @ ICF .. so does this mean that I hate Bengalis , Hyderabadis , Kannads & punjabis .... at the end of the day they are all Indians .. so how does it matter !

Yes, he is okay, maybe decent in ODIs..off the top of my head, i can think of atleast 15 batsmen I'd have before Yuvraj in ODIs if i were to choose from the world list. Thats 'okay' category! Well he is good enough to be in the Indian team and he has won more odi matches for India in last 2 yrs(2006,2007) then any other Indian batsmen so he is much better than just okay. I dont care if you cant find a place for him in world xi cuz there is no such real TEAM SO you are just talkin crap here. Learn to read...i said Bhajji is a total flop OUTSIDE of India...last series was in India...so YOU STFU! YOU SAID He is not even good in odis. HE was a real success in CB SERIES which was played in ...NEWSFLASH!!!!!!............AUSTRALIA.... and here in sydney, they call him Australi's nemesis.. I don't give a about Yuvraj's 'captaincy potential'- a guy who is not a regular in both formats of the game and has zero captaincy record in domestic games has ZERO claims to captaincy as far as i am concerned. and I dont give a shyt about what you think of his captaincy cuz I am not gonna argue about it cuz he doesnt have a track record in it. G'day .

This is obviously a relatively childish comment, CC is right ; there is abs no point in dragging this to a religious discussion What the hell is Gambhir and Dhawan then? I am a staunch mumbai supporter but would love to see yuvi, bhjaai and any other punjabi do well ( well, except nehra ) Dhillon paaji, there is no racism here else rohan might sue us for discrimination against hyderabadi batsmen
I agree on this with you.

wat the hell did he do in the cb series?? apart from a 70+ against sl?? the only thing he did in the tests is block the players who are more deserving than him a k a sehwag.
He had one bad odi series. Even great players do. Look at his record in odis in 2006 and 2007. About his skills in test matches, I am not gonna argue with anyone cuz he did fail in australia and he didnt block anyone. He played 2 tests and deserved those after his 169. However,he failed.thats a diff story but imo hes a couple of good innings away from a test match success. Its the lack of confidence more than the skills. However, yup if he keeps failing then he should be dropped and thats what the selector are for.

Well he is good enough to be in the Indian team and he has won more odi matches for India in last 2 yrs(2006,2007) then any other Indian batsmen so he is much better than just okay. I dont care if you cant find a place for him in world xi cuz there is no such real TEAM SO you are just talkin crap here.
First, i'd appreciate it if you could quote texts properly. Secondly, good/bad/great/decent is a barometer judged on a world scale. And on a world scale, Yuvraj is ordinary in ODIs, nothing more.
YOU SAID He is not even good in odis. HE was a real success in CB SERIES which was played in ...NEWSFLASH!!!!!!............AUSTRALIA.... and here in sydney, they call him Australi's nemesis..
Bhajji overall in ODIs: 171 matches, 189 wickets @ 33.51, 4.18 economy, only two 4-fers and 2 five-fers ( one of which came against a totally soft team like Zimbabwe). Bhajji overseas in ODIs: 104 matches, 114 wickets @ 32.33, only ONE 4-fer. What he did in CB series is called 'flash in a pan'...you know, where if you give mediocre players even a zillion chances, they are bound to get a decent knock/bowling performance here and there. Compare that with Kumble in his heydeys(90s for ODIs), Warne, Saqqi, Murali etc. and its CLEAR that Bhajji is NOT a frontline bowler...he is there only coz we have no other options. Nuff said!!
and I dont give a shyt about what you think of his captaincy cuz I am not gonna argue about it cuz he doesnt have a track record in it. G'day
Mate, there is a thing called 'QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB'. Yuvraj is not even his regional team captain. Kumble, Dhoni, Tendu,Dravid, Gangoo etc. ALL have extensive times being captain for their domestic sides or extensive tutelege as vice-captain. Yuvraj has neither. There is such a thing called pre-requisite. Your professor won't let you take a 3rd year course if you havnt met the 2nd year pre-requisite course...so why the fook should i overlook this in Yuvraj's case ? In this case, no experience does not equal 'give him a chance', it equals ' UNQUALIFIED'. PERIOD!! But judging by your userID, i don't expect a rational discussion with you when it comes to Yuvraj- you've already declared yourself to be his groupie and in typical groupie style, you lack the basic case of honest appraisal.

YOU SAID He is not even good in odis. HE was a real success in CB SERIES which was played in ...NEWSFLASH!!!!!!............AUSTRALIA.... and here in sydney, they call him Australi's nemesis..
any source ,,,, any article stating what you are claiming that we can check out ? In Australia that I live they call him an arrogant racist idiot ...

Its not lack of confidence I don't think. You don't get a Man of the Series against Pakistan in the One Dayers and hit a 169 after India were at 61/4 and then suddenly lose confidence 1 week later. The Pakistan attack was lackluster and it had no venom. Australia was different - Clark, Lee, Johnson all bowled extremely good line and length, and he had to adjust to it and play himself in. It was lack of patience, lack of experience against a good decent attack and lack of experience in how to approach a 5-day game. I think it would be extremely beneficial for Yuvraj to go and join a county and play there and learn how to approach the 3-day, 4-day, and 5-day games. He's got to learn though and to do that, he has to get rid of his enormous ego that he has right now. Also, for him to become a good test player, he has to get rid of that damn sweep shot that he plays so often against spin, and learn how to play spin properly. When it works out, it looks great but more often than not, its a risk for him. It is ironic we've got the best spin players in the world along with some of the more average ones. Sachin, Laxman, Dravid and Ganguly to a certain extent can all help the team with spin. I'm sure Sachin won't say, "Go away, you suck" if Yuvraj asks for help with this matter. For a man who has often been compared to Sachin for his skills in the shorter format and his contributions to the team, it would be a shame if he cannot make it to the test team. He generally scores very quickly, and as Dhoni also develops as a test player, it would be great to have these guys come at like 6, 7 or 5, 6. Yuvraj's got so much talent and it would be a shame if he got caught up in all this T20 nonsense and forget to harness that talent for test matches.

First, i'd appreciate it if you could quote texts properly. Secondly, good/bad/great/decent is a barometer judged on a world scale. And on a world scale, Yuvraj is ordinary in ODIs, nothing more.
Give me 15 world players that had a better average for about equal amount of runs or more scored in odis in 2006 and 2007 like you said.
Bhajji overall in ODIs: 171 matches, 189 wickets @ 33.51, 4.18 economy, only two 4-fers and 2 five-fers ( one of which came against a totally soft team like Zimbabwe). Bhajji overseas in ODIs: 104 matches, 114 wickets @ 32.33, only ONE 4-fer. What he did in CB series is called 'flash in a pan'...you know, where if you give mediocre players even a zillion chances, they are bound to get a decent knock/bowling performance here and there. Compare that with Kumble in his heydeys(90s for ODIs), Warne, Saqqi, Murali etc. and its CLEAR that Bhajji is NOT a frontline bowler...he is there only coz we have no other options. Nuff said!!.
Whats kumble odis record overseas? Compare the pitches in India in 1990's compared with now.What are the usual amount of runs scored these days in odis and then in 1990's? Not saying Bhajji is a better bowler than kumble but in odis he is. Test match, Bhajji is no match for kumble. Why bring warne and murli. They are legends and in a different class. Compare Bhajji with the current spinners in odi and see how he is doing. Add in his fielding and batting, he is an imp odi player for India.
Mate, there is a thing called 'QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB'. Yuvraj is not even his regional team captain. Kumble, Dhoni, Tendu,Dravid, Gangoo etc. ALL have extensive times being captain for their domestic sides or extensive tutelege as vice-captain. Yuvraj has neither. There is such a thing called pre-requisite. Your professor won't let you take a 3rd year course if you havnt met the 2nd year pre-requisite course...so why the fook should i overlook this in Yuvraj's case ? In this case, no experience does not equal 'give him a chance', it equals ' UNQUALIFIED'. PERIOD!! But judging by your userID, i don't expect a rational discussion with you when it comes to Yuvraj- you've already declared yourself to be his groupie and in typical groupie style, you lack the basic case of honest appraisal.
Like I said , I am not gonna argue about his captaincy potential cuz he doesnt have a track record and Dhoni is doing a verfiney good job and there is no need but an opiionn that Yuvi cant be a good captain cuz he has attitude is as dumb as saying Yuvi is just an okay odi batsmen. There is ample proof of captains being made with no pre-experience. This is not a 3rd yr uni unit that you need a prerequisite to enrol in.

@CC, I don't know if I agree with you that he's just an ordinary player. He's been great for us since the WC last year. He's been very consistent along with Dhoni. I think the CB Series was not the greatest for him but he did well enough in the 2nd final. So, even on a world scale, I think he's been pretty awesome - along with Hayden, et.al @Y4C, even in ODIs, Kumble is better I think. Maybe the figures don't show the difference to be that significant but the way Kumble performed in several matches abroad when our batting lineup failed, etc - I think it was great. He was criticized several times for being a matchwinner only at home, and thats total nonsense as far as I am concerned.

He hit those sixes for India in a crucial match. Thats not important. What is more imp is how his attitude was after he hit those sixes?...hahahah
oh I forgot UV and other punjabi players are ur pvt property and we need to ask you b4 we watch any video of a player who has lived in or played for Punjab in last 50 years .. is it ? secondly , I have seen those sixes .......... but not the masala around it ....

Sign in to follow this