Statistics : IPL 2008

umpire

I guess Hayden will claim the Orange cap tonight, but Sanga seems to a good candidate who'll be holding it after this week and also by the end of IPL 2008. The Indian batsman to have scored maximum runs is 7th on the leading run-scorers list. And this is not good. I hope one of Yuvi or Dhoni or Sharma or Sehwag take a lead and get the orange cap. At least the leading wicket taker is an Indian bowler!!!

Player 1.ML Hayden (Chennai Super Kings) 2.BB McCullum (Kolkata Knight Riders) 3.G Gambhir (Delhi Daredevils) 4.KC Sangakkara (Kings XI Punjab) 5.MEK Hussey Wow!! The race for the orange cap is hotting up with Gambhir being just 14 runs behind McCullum. But Sanga is just 2 runs behind Gambhir. Hence today, Sanga would claim the cap once again I suppose. He needs just 18 runs to do so. And with all the Aussies and Kiwis gone, I think Gambhir and Sanga would be top two contenders for the cap at the end of the tournament. Yuvi has to play one special inning to come in contention. But he plays down the order and doesn't have too many deliveries to play. And Zaheer is the highest wicket taker now.

There shoild be some incentives for the bowlers as well.... this is not fair..that onlt batsmen get the recognition.. may be something like golden boot...
How about bowler with most wickets getting Lincense to bowl 8 overs(double then the regular 4 overs), until he holds the record of most wickets in the tournament. who ever surpases that, gets the licnese to bowl 8 overs..

Now it is Rohit Sharma who is at the third position after 4 innings, 4 runs ahead of Gambhir. It is good to see the Indian batsmen finally coming to terms to with IPL demands and performing well. And Indian bowlers are ruling on the wickets front. Good to see!!

After the 22nd match of IPL: Orange cap holder : Rohit Sharma--He is 11 runs ahead of Gambhir. And I have no doubt that Gambhir will snatch the cap from today when he plays vs MIs. Highest wicket taker : Irfan Pathan--he is one wicket ahead of Zahher and is certainly bowling beautifully in IPL. His indipper has returned as well. Most economical bowler : Dinda--and this is a surprise (I didn't take Yuvi into account as he has bowled just 2 overs). Hope he continues bowling well.

After the 25th match: Orange cap holder : Sehwag--he is 12 runs ahead of Rohit Sharma at the moment. Will he claim the cap back from Sehwag? Highest wicket taker : Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan, both have 12 wickets a piece, though Irfan has bowled much more beautifully in this IPL and his economy rate is also quite good. Most economical bowler : It is still Dinda, though he has bowled only 20 overs. McGrath has the best economy for bowlers who've bowled more than 20 overs Most sixes: It is still McCullum, but Sehwag is just one behind and Gilly is just 2 behind. Will Gilchrist claim that record today?

Coincidence ? The top 4 wicket takers are all left arm seamer and all of them from sub continent. Is this coincidence? Pathan is quite expected, Zaheer has started to hit his strap. For me surprise is RP Singh. He seems to get his pace and direction back and he is bowling well at deaths. Surprise for me is Tanveer. What a spell, but can he sustain.

Kinda surprised to see Zak. RPS is no surprise though. He was our best bowler by a mile during the T20 world cup. He swings it with the new ball at 140ks and can bowl full and straight, at the same pace, during the death.