Rohit Sharma

Sachinism

Super Innings from Rohit Sharma with the super innings from Sehwag, everyone has forgotten how well Rohit Sharma played he started off slowly, but when the runs were needed, he really turned it on taking 26 off Maharoof's over smashing Asif for a massive six

yes, the kid bats well. nice to see him performing under pressure, when the team needed him he stood up. thats not the first time he has done this. he played a great knock under pressure during the do or die game in last years 2020 world cup game gainst south africa.

Similar to his innings v RSA in the T20 world cup although much more brutal today. When he reels off sixes, they don't seem to be ungainly hoicks but rather lovely cricketing shots with so much purity in the strokeplay. He's so much like SRT in that regard.

Rohit is such a cultured hitter. When he decides to hit, its not like he pre-mediates the area where he wants to hit it. He waits for the ball to be bowled and then decides where to hit it, which increases his survival chances by a factor of 10.

Very classy batsman - he has that quality which you can associate with the Dravid's and Ganguly's. Lots of time to play the ball, shots all around the wicket, a good head on his shoulders - he has it all. Nobody has forgotten that 66, at least i haven't. He will be a mainstay in the Indian middle order for years to come. Looked pure class on debut vs SA and he has impressed me ever since.

http://www.thehindu.com/2007/09/24/stories/2007092458390200.htm HYDERABAD: People of Andhra Pradesh distraught over not having a representation in the current Indian cricket team playing in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa need not despair. In fact, there is a Telugu connection to the team’s victorious campaign. Promising new find Rohit Sharma of Mumbai has his roots in Visakhapatnam as his mother Purnima Sharma originally hails from there. The youngster too can speak Telugu pretty comfortably if not fluently. “We never thought that he would be there in a World Cup final honestly. But, now we should all pray that India should win the Cup,†said a delighted Purnima in a chat. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

Good stuff from Rohit. The innings was classy and good to watch. He has a good technique and merely (perhaps too light of a word) needs to find some more consistency as to boost an ODI average to closer 40. The talent is certainly there for the match winning knocks, but it is the quiet contributions in the background that he perhaps needs to work on. A spectacular talent - one for the future of ODIs, no doubt.

http://www.thehindu.com/2007/09/24/stories/2007092458390200.htm HYDERABAD: People of Andhra Pradesh distraught over not having a representation in the current Indian cricket team playing in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa need not despair. In fact, there is a Telugu connection to the team’s victorious campaign. Promising new find Rohit Sharma of Mumbai has his roots in Visakhapatnam as his mother Purnima Sharma originally hails from there. The youngster too can speak Telugu pretty comfortably if not fluently. “We never thought that he would be there in a World Cup final honestly. But, now we should all pray that India should win the Cup,” said a delighted Purnima in a chat. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Sweet. I could converse with him then. I'm not very good at Marathi (in fact I don't know any word) or Hindi (I can read,write, and understand to a certain extent but if I start speaking...) But cool innings from him. He's a bit wafty outside the off stump, if he can tighten that, he is a great prospect.
He hasnt been chosen to continue the Mumbai legacy without reason.
Way too early for that, I think. It also adds a lot of pressure if we keep saying that. If he can keep contributing solidly to the middle order, that would be great. We want a mix of Dravid & Sachin for the new generation.

Rohit is such a cultured hitter. When he decides to hit' date=' its not like he pre-mediates the area where he wants to hit it. He waits for the ball to be bowled and then decides where to hit it, which increases his survival chances by a factor of 10.[/quote'] wonderful comment, well deserved by RS! :icflove::icflove::icflove:

Is Rohit Sharma, the most superior of all the rookie indian batsmen My money is on Rohit Sharma to inherit Saurav's 3 down spot in test cricket. He is a far batter fielder than uthappa. The only thing i did not like about him is that, he takes all the credit in post match ceremonies. He always says "Ya, I think I batted really well, Iam happy". Kid needs some tuition from Sachin on saying "Team wins, tho apun kush hua". Coming to technique, he looks like he will overtake even Laxman as a strokemaker. The shots have the fluency of Mark Waugh, timing of Ganguly... and man does he generate some power from those wrists. Imagine how how he will play when he is 28? Super! I guess... I know you shouldn't compare anyone with god, but even Sachin wasn't this good at 20. Eeeks... a lightning just struck here. P.S - Comparison doesn't include Gambhir, about whom I can write a book on how he plays spin. It does include the other under 22 year olds we are seeing in IPL.

not most superior.. but one of the best. actually at this age u can't say who is more superior, he or others.. because others and he both often are making mistakes too and similar kinda.. surely i back him though to be the future middle order batsman.. and a player who will score well over seas for India..