Sanga has a killer Oz accent

sm332

I know what an Oz accent is and can certainly distinguish it from a Oz accent. You would be hard pressed to find me a Lankan who thinks that was a Sinhala accent!

Aussie accent? Definitely no mate. He has a distinct Sinhala touch to his english, only he speaks in more polished way than most Lankans.

I know what an Oz accent is and can certainly distinguish it from a Oz accent. You would be hard pressed to find me a Lankan who thinks that was a Sinhala accent!
Didnt say he has a Sinhalese accent. Said he has a distinct Sinhala touch to his English. If someone who has never known Sanga before, listens to him speak 3-4 lines in English, they can say that he is from Lanka.

it is an educated lanka accent - have met loads of people who speak like him - you will hear the 'lankan' bit towards the end of every third or fourth sentence. that is where you can spot the educated malaysian/ singaporean/ lankan accents - towards the end of a long sentence. in today's interview, he sounded like mahela jayawardane(dena) for a few seconds