Greg Chappell the commentator

observer1

Made a mistake trying to coach! He is a terrific commentator, talks common sense, has a good sense of humour, and analyses the game very well.
humour??:hysterical: dude his is the most bland one dimensional commentary i have heard, lets just say his low energy is a total opposite of the energetic 20-20 game the only thing he was good at was his batting, now thats he an old man neither a coach or a commentator suit him imho

Guest Hiten.
Made a mistake trying to coach! He is a terrific commentator, talks common sense, has a good sense of humour, and analyses the game very well.
Manpreet gony's over.... 2 W 1 W 1 >>. Guru Greg "Gony missed his hattrick" :haha:

Fully agree. Apart from the fact that he makes some factual errors every now and then due to his advanced age, I thoroughly enjoy his commentary. He is still VERY sharp and astute in his observations and his comments are rife with sarcasm, which makes it even more interesting. The best part is, rarely do we see Greg saying the same thing twice, unlike most other commentators, who have stereotypical reactions and sentences. Take out the lines, " That was a good shot, well played", " Oh what a catch" or " Excellent ball, pitched on off-stump and moved away" or " What a great catch" etc from a commentators' repertoire and most commies will be gasping for things to say. Greg never indulges in these exclamations. Just listening to him speak, one can get so much insight into the game. Alas, after getting used to Greg, I have to somehow force myself to endure Moron Lal, which is the most pathetic part about this.

he is different. He was only one who explained how Ross Taylor bats. He only hits ball thats pitched outside off stump and goes for big hoick. He seems to pick up line early and does not care about length. Aamir picked up that. He even explained Dhoni's batting style. He is articulate and has good knowledge of cricket

Guest Hiten.

Rameez Raja tries to be flamboyant by trying to be humorous. But I tell you what he fails so miserably that you feel sad for him to even pick on the prick.

he is different. He was only one who explained how Ross Taylor bats. He only hits ball thats pitched outside off stump and goes for big hoick. He seems to pick up line early and does not care about length. Aamir picked up that. He even explained Dhoni's batting style. He is articulate and has good knowledge of cricket
yea aamir sohail has got better and sharper viewpoints than chappell when commentating, and also it has that added punch which chappell's low energy commentary lacks

The only time Greg has gone wrong badly during this tournament so far was when was during the match between Rajasthan Royals and Deccan Chargers. When RR needed bout 30 runs off the last 2 overs in their run-chase and were busy clobbering 4s in their penultimate, Chappel almost had already given up on their chances, saying things like ' some lusty hitting, but everything is going to go to waste'. At a time when some other commentator would have used that chance to really up the tension of the viewer, Greg was sounding like ' Whats the point, they're gonna lose anyway'. It was a bit surprising though, since, for someone who has played as much cricket as he has, one would expect him to know that it isnt over, till its over. He probably didnt figure in Warne's hitting power in his calculations.