Who do you think is a better ODI batsman?

Ram

Who do you think is a better ODI batsman?  

1. 1.

• Uthappa
    • Raina

you cannot judge with 20-20 format. 50-50 requires better temperament than 20-20. Raina had problem with his temperament and so does Utthapa in longer version.
Temperament? You gotto be joking. Mental toughness/cool under pressure have always been Raina's forte. Even two years ago, when he was hardly 21, he won that famous match against Lanka, along with Dhoni, when India batted second. If anything, the main reasons why he was dropped was because his technique seemed a bit suspect, when he was driving on the up, in the off-side, but he seems to have sorted it out. Mathew Hayden openly acknowledged that Raina's innings was more crucial and better than his, during CSK match against MI. And today, when a player of even Hussey's quality was struggling to hit 4s, Raina score some important boundaries, making sure CSK innings didnt stall in the middle. Pity, he got run-out in the end. If this guy can outperform both Haydos and Huss, that could only mean one thing - Get him into the fckin Indian team!!!!

well I guess you did not understand. Why was he dropped? If you see that Windies tour , he was getting out to stupid shots. There was no need for those shots. And hence his temperament ws in question. You cannot give me instances of 20-20 game and tell me he has good temperament. Lets watch him in 50-50 and judge.

btw, I am fan of Raina. the day I saw him always reminded me of young Sachin batting left handed. He packs the punch. He plays backfoot drives just like Sachin. He has good pull shot. I am his fan, but I think he needs to play long innings.

well I guess you did not understand. Why was he dropped? If you see that Windies tour , he was getting out to stupid shots. There was no need for those shots. And hence his temperament ws in question. You cannot give me instances of 20-20 game and tell me he has good temperament. Lets watch him in 50-50 and judge.
Ya, I too was doubting him and all the talk that he has improved. Then, I saw challenger series. Onion Dosa gets 0 votes :giggle:

Raina for sure..he is extremely gifted..his timing is also gud..he has quick feet..so he plays spinners well..even in the recent matches he has been the player who has dominated the bowling attacks..Uthappa is gud but not as gud as raina..i think raina wud be in the team soon..since MSD is the captain of his side he will have a closer look on raina so that shd help raina..

Raina for sure..he is extremely gifted..his timing is also gud..he has quick feet..so he plays spinners well..even in the recent matches he has been the player who has dominated the bowling attacks..Uthappa is gud but not as gud as raina..i think raina wud be in the team soon..since MSD is the captain of his side he will have a closer look on raina so that shd help raina..
Off-topic, but Gambhir and Sharma are better ODI batsmen than both of these :-D

Guest Hiten.

Consider this scenario 100 runs needed with 15 overs to go and only 4 wickets in hand. IKP is at other hand, Raina/RU walks in. Whom walking in (Raina or RU) will give you a reason to continue watching the game ? For me, it has to be Raina. RU is a hit and miss player. RU has no technique or temperament to get involved in a match-winning partnership. I agree that RU won us the game vs Eng in Natwest Series 07. But thats all he has done in ODI's to be in the limelight. Whereas Raina is as good as Kaif when it comes to fielding department and most importantly he carries a cool head on his shoulders while batting. Greg Chappel is a big fan of Suresh Raina for a reason, i.e. Raina's batting technique.