Bhaji and Sreesanth a disgrace to Indian cricket?

CSK Fan

Wow wow wow!! Steady people, if people are to be banned for dressing room altercations, then half of the international cricketers would be serving bans. Dressing room disagreements, verbals, the odd shove with the shoulder are all very common. Only, we dont know about most of 'em. This time, Sressanth made sure the whole world knew bout it with his public show of emotion. I really dont have problems with players having minor disagreements off the field, as long as it doesnt affect their performance on the field and doesnt result in any act intended to cause physical harm. When you have a bunch of grown-ups, each with their own individual ego and pride at stake, there is bound to be disagreements and minor arguments. We cant possibly be banning people for that. Of course, if someone is a chronic mischief maker and a constant source of bickering amongst team-mates, then something has to be done bout it. But apart from that, the only reasons why a player should be banned are really serious ones like drug-abuse, gross indiscipline. Besides, we all know that actually, Bhajji and Sree are really nice fellows. Other Indian players have testfied to this. They are just two young emotional players who sometimes let their sentiments get the better of 'em. Surely, they cant be banned for that. However, Bhajji and Sree have been repeat abusers of opponent players on the field. Now, that is something worth investigating and acting upon.

>>>> if someone is a chronic mischief maker Sree and bhajji fit that discription.
Have they been involved in fights between themselves or other team-mates before? Even Dhoni has said that off the field, Sreesanth is one of the most soft-spoken guys. I am curious, this isnt the first time dressing room fights have broken out and this wont be the last time either. If Bhajji is to be punished, then so should be the other players. I am not defending Bhajji's actions, but am just wondering how he seems to have become the victim of his own past record.

Andre nel VS SREESANTH IF brother sreesanth is there practicing art of getting slapped and making big issue out of it. here his very close mate Nel, trying to win the race from Sreesanth.. How? read the following Essex bowler Andre Nel has been hit with a six-point penalty by the England and Wales Cricket Board after incidents during last week's match against Derbyshire. The ECB confirmed the South African was reported under their disciplinary code in the LV County Championship Division Two match in Derby. Nel was reported by umpires Tim Robinson and Richard Illingworth for two separate Level Two breaches of the code, each of which attracts a penalty of three points. The penalty points remain on Nel's record for a period of two years. The accumulation of nine or more penalty points in any two-year period will result in an automatic suspension. A statement from the ECB said the 30-year-old has received the points for: "Using language or gesture that is obscene or of a serious insulting nature to another player, umpire, referee, team official or spectator." And: "Throwing the ball at or near a player, umpire or official in an inappropriate and dangerous manner." http://www.sportinglife.com/cricket..._Essex_Nel.html

Have they been involved in fights between themselves or other team-mates before? Even Dhoni has said that off the field, Sreesanth is one of the most soft-spoken guys. I am curious, this isnt the first time dressing room fights have broken out and this wont be the last time either. If Bhajji is to be punished, then so should be the other players. I am not defending Bhajji's actions, but am just wondering how he seems to have become the victim of his own past record.
Then what exactly are you doing? Shoaib was torn apart limb from limb on this forum, and rightly so, for hitting Asif. I'd like to see the same standards applied here for this cretin. This was the man who chose to reproduce the racist chant that moronic Indian crowds had targeted Symonds with, knowing fully well it would wound his adversary like nothing else, and then played the sweet little MCP who had only abused Symond's mum. Dear old Bhajji. Having pulled the fast one, he got away on a technicality because of BCCI's clout. Every man-jack on the field that day knew that Bhajji had got away with skullduggery of the kind that should have got him the same treatment that Lehmann did- a minimum 5-Test ban. A victim of his own past record? That's laughable. You could say his past has caught up with him. I have no doubt at all that had he insulted an Australian or Pakistani player, short of hitting him, we'd be sitting here, rejoicing in his antics, feting him for upholding national honour, for putting us on the "slanging map" as it were, with plenty of platitudes about new India to the fore and all that bullshyte thrown in for good measure. Sadly, he chose a fellow Indian. It's ironic, because thats the only way he could have self destructed. He got away with years of underachievement, pulling the wool over selectors' eyes, concealing an increasingly mediocre record through bravura statements, he escaped unscathed too, brazenly playing the victim after being quite the xenophobe at Sydney, but this time, at long last, providence has caught up with him.

Guest Hiten.

I have too felt the same way as rest of you folks that Sreesanth has been riding his bravado rather than his (which should be) mesmerizing spells. Sledging is fine (yes even to your National team mates, because for the moment they are in your opposition side), but the ball has to do more talking than yourself. Sreesanth went after Kamran Akmal when Kings XI took on DD, and very next ball he got chipped away for a boundary. What exactly did Sree gain from that ? He got smacked by a WK/batsman who has been clueless on the field for more than a year with both bat and gloves in his hands. Harbhajan on the other hand has been involved in unnecessary controversies despite bowling some match-winning spells. He has been pampered by both BCCI and SRT to some extent (Bhajji claims SRT is his closest friend). Bhajji's chances of walking free (during SCG fiasco) was propelled when SRT took Bhajji's side. I am not saying that SRT has compelled/asked Bhajji to go with careless attitude on the field but bhajji knows that with the backing of SRT, he has more chances of coming out as innocent than anyone else. I am glad BCCI has shunned Bhajji from IPL due to his over the top reaction over Sree's sledging. Sreesanth has to be shackled ASAP by the BCCI, if they want to avoid such instances in future.

Dhondy how conveniently u neglected to mention smthign abt the most aggressive player in our team, SANTHI... oopps santh... u like his aggressiveness .. dont ya... :D
Nope. I like Dravid, I like Kumble, I like Tendulkar, because they let their cricket do all the talking. I liked Sreesanth because I thought he was a brilliant bowler. If baring his teeth got him all pumped up, I was happy to give him the BOD. Without that world beating form though, such shenanigans make him look a complete chump. Or as CC would put it, like a champ whose wife we should all feel sorry for....if he had one that would stay put at the sight of all those big teeth, that is. He better not marry Little Red Riding Hood. To the best of my knowledge though, he hasn't racially abused a soul, nor hit somebody. Or does that little difference not matter in your eyes? All the better to see yeew with?

Then what exactly are you doing? Shoaib was torn apart limb from limb on this forum, and rightly so, for hitting Asif. I'd like to see the same standards applied here for this cretin. This was the man who chose to reproduce the racist chant that moronic Indian crowds had targeted Symonds with, knowing fully well it would wound his adversary like nothing else, and then played the sweet little MCP who had only abused Symond's mum. Dear old Bhajji. Having pulled the fast one, he got away on a technicality because of BCCI's clout. Every man-jack on the field that day knew that Bhajji had got away with skullduggery of the kind that should have got him the same treatment that Lehmann did- a minimum 5-Test ban. A victim of his own past record? That's laughable. You could say his past has caught up with him. I have no doubt at all that had he insulted an Australian or Pakistani player, short of hitting him, we'd be sitting here, rejoicing in his antics, feting him for upholding national honour, for putting us on the "slanging map" as it were, with plenty of platitudes about new India to the fore and all that bullshyte thrown in for good measure. Sadly, he chose a fellow Indian. It's ironic, because thats the only way he could have self destructed. He got away with years of underachievement, pulling the wool over selectors' eyes, concealing an increasingly mediocre record through bravura statements, he escaped unscathed too, brazenly playing the victim after being quite the xenophobe at Sydney, but this time, at long last, providence has caught up with him.
Should be Bhajji be disciplined for his persistent on-field antics - Yes. Should a severe ban be given to him just because he had a verbal/physical altercation with a fellow team member - Not sure. As Dhoni himself as said, its better if we all wait till the full story emerges before conclusive judgments. There's always two sides to a story and so far, we have heard only one of it. And though Bhajji and Akhtar's cases MAY appear similar, they're still a world apart.This is a snippet of the career timeline of Akhtar that I could get from cricinfo. Just look at the depth and breadth of the innumerable brazen offenses that Shoaib has committed so far. '1996 - Dropped from the Pakistan squad for the Sahara Cup against India on grounds of indiscipline and poor attitude. His international debut is thus delayed by over a year. 1997 - Tours England with Pakistan `A' and makes an impact on and off the field; is cited for indiscipline by the Pakistan manager in the end of tour report. Finally makes his international debut in November in the second Test against West Indies in Rawalpindi 2003 - Axed from Pakistan team after a poor World Cup and told by PCB chief Tauqir Zia to clean up his act or be removed from team forever. Recalled in May for a triangular in Sri Lanka and promptly becomes the second player ever to be banned for ball tampering. Appointed vice-captain for Test against South Africa and is served up a lawsuit by a Pakistani citizen for attending a fashion show on a night of religious significance. Banned for one Test and two ODIs for abusing Paul Adams in the first Test. Misses Test in New Zealand with calf and groin injuries but is photographed one day before enjoying a jet-ski ride, much to his management's chagrin. Typically, returns for second Test, helps Pakistan win with a stupendous seven-wicket burst (11 in the match) and gets injured again in the ODI series. 2004 - A disappointing series against India ends with a back injury in the final Test. Unable to bowl for the rest of the match, he comes out to bat later, freely smacking boundaries in a 14-ball 28. Inzamam publicly questions the authenticity of the injury. Amid disquiet over his commitment and attitude, Shoaib is called before a medical inquiry which eventually finds his injury to be a genuine one. Returns to the squad where on the tour to Australia at the year's end his true Jekyll and Hyde nature comes out. He fights a lone battle against Australian batsmen in the first two Tests, but in the process is disciplined by match referees (for sending Matthew Hayden on his way) and injures his shoulder at Perth. By the time of the last Test in Sydney, looks physically spent and rumours of disciplinary breaches and problems with the team management emerge. 2005 Starts the year with a hamstring injury and misses most of the VB Series. Hamstring keeps him out of the India tour and fitness problems preclude his inclusion for the tour to the Carribean. On the bright side, he is offered a Bollywood role. Relationship with both Inzamam and Bob Woolmer erodes steadily and his stock is at its lowest ebb when he is verbally maligned by Worcestershire chairman John Elliott for being a disruptive influence. Comes back for the series against England after proving his fitness in a training camp, finishes with 17 wickets, and silences any number of critics with a rehabilitated performance. Ankle injury surfaces in the last Test at Lahore. 2006 Banned for two years after testing positive for the banned substance Nandrolone, Shoaib was sent back to Pakistan and missed the Champions Trophy. The verdict, however, was overturned by a three-man tribunal a month later. 2007 Things look bright for the bowler as he is named in a 30-man squad for the World Cup. After not initially being picked for fitness reasons, the selectors have a change of heart and recall him. He makes a successful return against South Africa in the second Test, taking four wickets in the first innings. But a hamstring injury forces him to miss not only the second innings, but also the rest of the tour. A televised spat with Bob Woolmer results in Shoaib being fined by the board. Later, after much deliberation, Shoaib is declared unfit to take part in the World Cup due to injury at the very last minute. Speculation has it that his exclusion was from fear of being dope-tested by the ICC, and that traces of Nandrolone were still present in his body. 2007 A fit-again Shoaib is named in the Asia XI squad to take on an Africa XI but is withdrawn by the Pakistan board after declaring himself unavailable for Pakistan's tour of Abu Dhabi. Shoaib is included in the squad for Scotland and later named in the team for the inaugural ICC World Twenty20. He leaves a training camp in Karachi without permission and is fined at a disciplinary hearing. On appeal, a second hearing suspends the fine and charges and puts Shoaib on a six-week probationary period. A dressing-room spat with Mohammad Asif in South Africa results in Shoaib being sent back home prior to the event. Shoaib is consequently handed a 13-match ban and a fine of approximately US$57,000 for a number of breaches of discipline. He is also placed on a two-year probationary period during which any disciplinary breaches could result in a life ban. ' Bhajji at his worst, has till now been someone someone who dishes out some unpleasant abuse to oppostion players. Agreed that isnt acceptable, but to say Akhtar and Bhajji are offenders on the same plane is grossly unfair on Bhajji.