Ganguly-Warne spat

IndianRenegade

Gangully breached the spirit of cricket:Warne Warne, in the post match press conference, has accused Gangully of not playing in the spirit of the game, by refusing to accept the catch taken by Smith as clean & urging the umpire to refer to the third umpire. It also seems gangully was not punctual and made them wait in both the innings. Another gossip is that Umar gul is not happy with Gangully's captaincy and has accused him of lack of communication. He also reportedly is of the opinion that Gangully is not a good 20-20 captain. These are the news that is being flashed around on Times Now, & HT

Warne, in the post match press conference, has accused Gangully of not playing in the spirit of the game, by refusing to accept the catch taken by Smith as clean & urging the umpire to refer to the third umpire. It also seems gangully was not punctual and made them wait in both the innings. Another gossip is that Umar gul is not happy with Gangully's captaincy and has accused him of lack of communication. He also reportedly is of the opinion that Gangully is not a good 20-20 captain. These are the news that is being flashed around on Times Now, & HT
Smith's catch was clean - it was easy to see on the big screen so don't know why third umpire gave not out - but Ganguly just harassed the umpire

Dada's career is always full of controversies...whats new today? Dada will only decide when to hang his boots...whats new in this? Dada's grandson will come alongwith him to open...whats it as it looks?

Warne, in the post match press conference, has accused Gangully of not playing in the spirit of the game, by refusing to accept the catch taken by Smith as clean & urging the umpire to refer to the third umpire. It also seems gangully was not punctual and made them wait in both the innings. Another gossip is that Umar gul is not happy with Gangully's captaincy and has accused him of lack of communication. He also reportedly is of the opinion that Gangully is not a good 20-20 captain. These are the news that is being flashed around on Times Now, & HT
how true do u think is the gul news...i think gul would be pretty stupid to do something like this..sala media wale...stfu...regarding warne's accusation...i guess tats right

Warne slams Ganguly's behaviour Shane Warne slammed Kolkata captain Sourav Ganguly's on-field behaviour, questioning his spirit. He said "Ganguly was not playing in the spirit of the game." "He took time to come out to bat in the middle. He made us wait in both innings and was running on his own time." Warne also criticized Ganguly's decision to call for the third umpire after Graeme Smith claimed a catch in the deep that was later negated by the third umpire. "He can't ask for a third umpire after he's given out. He should have accepted that catch was proper". "I told him, the game is not about you(Ganguly). I was extremely disappointed with Ganguly," Warne concluded. Meanwhile, Kolkata Knight Riders CEO Joy Bhattacharya defended Ganguly's actions. " Ganguly had every right to question the umpire's decision," he said. "As far as we're concerned it's a non-incident," he further stated.

Shane Warne slammed Kolkata captain Sourav Ganguly's on-field behaviour, questioning his spirit. He said "Ganguly was not playing in the spirit of the game." "He took time to come out to bat in the middle. He made us wait in both innings and was running on his own time." Warne also criticized Ganguly's decision to call for the third umpire after Graeme Smith claimed a catch in the deep that was later negated by the third umpire. "He can't ask for a third umpire after he's given out. He should have accepted that catch was proper". "I told him, the game is not about you(Ganguly). I was extremely disappointed with Ganguly," Warne concluded. Meanwhile, Kolkata Knight Riders CEO Joy Bhattacharya defended Ganguly's actions. " Ganguly had every right to question the umpire's decision," he said. "As far as we're concerned it's a non-incident," he further stated. http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/la...lys-behaviour/

Meanwhile, Sourav Ganguly hit back at Shane Warne by saying that complaining a dropped catch is not against the spirit of the game. “Is complaining a dropped catch against the spirit of the game?â€, asked a visibly upset Kolkata Knight Riders’ captain. He also added that Warne has no right to preach the spirit of the game. “We just need to look at Warne’s career to understand that he has no moral right to teach what is spirit of the gameâ€, Ganguly said.

Sourav Ganguly's captaincy in the Indian Premier League is yet to impress his Kolkata Knight Riders teammate Umar Gul, who reckons the the left-hander has to learn some more before he can emulate his success as India's ODI skipper. Ganguly's Knight Riders lost their third successive IPL match after going down by 45 runs to Rajasthan Royals and Gul felt Ganguly was struggling to cope with the new format of the game. "This format is new for Ganguly. He is finding it difficult. He has to learn a few more tricks. We also have to find the right combination and rhythm," Gul said. PTI

Totally with Warne on this one. Ganguly should have just stood his ground if he thought the catch wasn't clean, but the way he started gesturing to the Indian ump jsut didn't look right. And I don't know what made the 3rd ump give it not out ..... looked squeaky clean to me!

even though from the reports it seems that Gangs erred here ... I like the pt abt Warne being the arbiter of cricket's spirit ... lets see now ... bookie source, druggie, embarassment to cricketing ideals in general ... the list is quite exhaustive

Totally with Warne on this one. Ganguly should have just stood his ground if he thought the catch wasn't clean' date=' but the way he started gesturing to the Indian ump jsut didn't look right. And I don't know what made the 3rd ump give it not out ..... looked squeaky clean to me![/quote'] Dadagiri from Dada

Warne shouldn't talk about the spirit of cricket - Ganguly Sourav Ganguly, captain of the Kolkata Knight Riders, has dismissed Shane Warne's criticism of his on-field behaviour, even questioning his moral right to comment about the spirit of the game. Warne, leading the Rajasthan Royals, first slammed Ganguly for taking too long to come out to bat and then condemned his attitude towards the IPL's Spirit of Cricket agreement when he questioned a catch taken by Graeme Smith. Ganguly, however, came down on heavy on Warne for criticising him. "Is complaining against a dropped catch against the spirit of the game? " he told Times Now, an Indian news channel. "We just need to look at Warne's career to understand that he has no moral right to teach what the spirit of the game is. I just want to laugh at what Warne is saying. He should not be talking about the spirit of the game. "I told him [the umpire, GA Pratapkumar] the catch was not taken cleanly," added Ganguly. "Referring to the third umpire was his decision." On Warne saying he arrived late, Ganguly replied: "The umpires have not told me anything so I don't know what Warney is trying to say." Kolkata Knight Riders chief executive Joy Bhattacharya defended Ganguly's actions, saying they were well within the laws of the game. "He just appealed to the umpire to check if the catch (by Smith) was clean. We feel he was perfectly within his rights, if he had any doubt in his mind. And if the umpire on the field had turned around and said it was clean, that would have been the end of the story. He [Warne] is no stranger to controversy. For us to react would just give importance to Warne's comments." Smith, who took the controversial catch at deep midwicket on the last ball of the 13th over, maintained that it was properly taken. "It was cleanly taken.....there is no doubt about that," he said. "The replay also suggests that the catch was clean. It's really nice to know your captain backing you during controversy." "I have a good relationship with Graeme Smith and I have enough respect for him," said Ganguly. "I don't want to drag him into it. But the thing is in cases like this, often the fielder does not realise that he had actually taken a drop catch." Meanwhile Pakistan fast bowler Umar Gul, who recently joined Kolkata, felt Ganguly's captaincy in Twenty20 cricket had a way to go. "This format is new for Ganguly. He is finding it difficult," Gul told PTI. "He has to learn a few more tricks. We also have to find the right combination and rhythm." Kolkata have now lost three IPL matches in a row.