The most unlucky captain: VVS

zubinpepsi

Look, I'm not blaming the whole loss on Laxman, but a stronger captain would have ordered Symonds to bowl spin or would have not given him bowling at all and applied some darn cricketing brains. Laxman is not captaincy material, simple as that.

Look, I'm not blaming the whole loss on Laxman, but a stronger captain would have ordered Symonds to bowl spin or would have not given him bowling at all and applied some darn cricketing brains. Laxman is not captaincy material, simple as that.
would you revoke that statement if they succeed by the end of the tournament, your judging him too soon man

Umm dude don't captains ask bowlers as to how they want their field set? Laxman was doing that to Symmo when he was bowling....and of course Laxman is within his rights to ask for input from Gilly (especially) and Symonds - they are quite experienced and Gilchrist has tons of experiences from captaining some games + learning from Ponting
lol u ppl callng laxman a puppet. as if u guys know if the stump mic was on and u could hear all the stuff. surely we could see gilly and symo in action talkin a lot.. but then it was of situation.. which is fine.. Laxman ain't that bad a captain..
..u never know about the mic, but it was just that he had a very negative body language; he seemed nervous

yea i agree. but if anything im glad Laxman had to deal with the pressure right from the first game, it should help his captaincy. after all it is his first game captaining solid players. Laxman will strike back because he loves to silence his critics, Im sure that Deccan Chargers will come out on top, give them a couple of matches. Once Afridi comes i think it should help the chemistry of the team. Basically Styris and Symonds are almost alike, so no need for styris. Laxman will strike back believe me. Team composition Gilchrist Afridi Laxman Symonds Sharma Yadav Venu Bangar Vaas RP Singh Ohja Next games what Laxman should focus on doing 1. Make his intentions clear with Symonds about what type of bowling he will do 2. Be more agressive towards the end overs. 3. Stay Strong, have killer instinct 4. Switch up the opening bowling it should be a left arm seamer with a right arm to keep the batsmen thinking 5. Be more of an offensive minded captain

yea i agree. but if anything im glad Laxman had to deal with the pressure right from the first game, it should help his captaincy. after all it is his first game captaining solid players. Laxman will strike back because he loves to silence his critics, Im sure that Deccan Chargers will come out on top, give them a couple of matches. Once Afridi comes i think it should help the chemistry of the team. Basically Styris and Symonds are almost alike, so no need for styris. Laxman will strike back believe me. Team composition Gilchrist Afridi Laxman Symonds Sharma Yadav Venu Bangar Vaas RP Singh Ohja Next games what Laxman should focus on doing 1. Make his intentions clear with Symonds about what type of bowling he will do 2. Be more agressive towards the end overs. 3. Stay Strong, have killer instinct 4. Switch up the opening bowling it should be a left arm seamer with a right arm to keep the batsmen thinking 5. Be more of an offensive minded captain
I dont see why Yadav deserves a chance over RaviTeja

Deccan Chargers settled for Symonds to bowl cutters because it was hard to play the ball when it spun with a bit of pace. Moreover Symonds is not a spinner that spins the ball a long way. I don't reckon he would have been any more effective if he bowled spin.

If a captain can't trust someone who got paid $1.35 million then he would be stupid. Maa Ki facked up, but that doesn't make Laxman a poor captain. Why weren't there similar threads on the captaincy of Dravid and Poster Boy when their sides were getting butchered for 230+ runs? There is just this irrational dislike for Laxman among Indian fans.