So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC

Re: So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC I think pakistan have finally done the right thing. Even though its an act of self preservation (they dont want shoaib and asif's career's to be prematurely terminated) rather than self amelioration. Nevertheless a small applause is due for the PCB that they have finally acted in the favor of the players rather than let them fall victim to the cumbersome bureaucracy. I would have rather hand these players cleared and play in the world cup and then see them brutalized by the batsmen such as Lara, Ponting, Tendulkar, Pietersen etc since these guys tend to rise to the need of the occasion and are consistent overachievers at the highest echelons of the game.

Re: So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC

Australian opener Matthew Hayden described the inclusion of Akhtar and Asif in Pakistan's 15-man World Cup squad as "ludicrous''.
Exactly! Would have loved to see drug walla Chucktar get hiding Part II at the world cup :lmao:

Re: So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC I don't think Pak will miss Dopey at all but Mopey yes - may be. Dopey was useless anyway & SRT, Lara etc would have laid into him big time. Mopey would have been useful. I also think that this makes Pak a dangerous team - now that the expectations are very low, any team that underestimates them may pay the price. Who know they may yet unearth another talunt.

Re: So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC PCB had no choice, if found guilty for the SECOND time they could have suffered lifetime bans. This whole scenario has been a mess from start to finish. Pak fans will be gutted and actually in a way it is unfortunate that they are not going to the world cup, but then they have bought it all on themselves...

I don't think Pak will miss Dopey at all but Mopey yes - may be. Dopey was useless anyway & SRT, Lara etc would have laid into him big time. Mopey would have been useful. I also think that this makes Pak a dangerous team - now that the expectations are very low, any team that underestimates them may pay the price. Who know they may yet unearth another talunt.
if i am guessing correctly, dopey might have got the better of most batsmen but lately in ODIs he is about as effective as a three legged horse whereas Mopey is hardly anything better than pedestrian in ODIs.

Why do you insist on calling other players by various names?
Not insisting but just using them as I saw them somewhere before & thought it was funny (it appeals to my sense of humour). Sorry, if I offended you but it is just a bit of fun. :hmph: Hey: Celebration time - this is my 100th message. Woo Hoo! :party1:

Re: So Shoaib and Asif are finally out of the WC An anti-climactic end to one of the most farcical events in the history of cricket. I expected them to be drug-tested and banned for 2 years once the test would inevitably show up as positive; but it's apparent that the PCB don't want to compromise the career of either player and are taking the easy way out. By claiming that these two can't participate in the tournament due to injury - they effectively avoid the drug test and during the intervening period - any trace of nandrolone will perish. Now they will be able to get another 4/5 years worth of cricket out of these two at the expense of a world cup.