M.Hussey, Misbah - inspirational

swami1984

This thread was inspired by the Vijaykumar inspiration thread... Personally, since I was fortunate enough (unlike Vijaykumar) to be born into a relative middle class background - I guess I have different insiprational figures. I don't know about you guys, but what say about these two guys, who were written off in their 20's. They had their best years robbed of them, but their perseverance and patience paid off and are now in their national teams, performing really well... Hussey for example scored around 15,000 first class runs before an injury to Langer put him in the test team, and he eventually started becoming a statistical anomaly. Terrific fielder and a great run-accumulator Misbah was initially chosen in 2002, but despite some fifties in ODIs didn't do much in tests and was dumped. However, perseverance paid off when he was again given a chance to prove himself in T20 WC. The pressure was on him, since he meant to replace Mohd. Yousuf, and the faith in him paid off....Great in chasing down totals (despite occasional mistakes against India :) ), saving test matches, and what not