Balaji : Great to see him back!!

Cricketics

Not the same Balaji I was used to couple of years ago. The steaming in, the away swingers, the inswingers, the body language have all taken a beating as I see it. Still he looked a smart bowler. Mixed his pace very nicely and bowled to his field. There is a little hop at the start of his run up now and the approach to the crease is not as smooth as it used to be. That said this was his come back game after a long lay off. With a bit of confidence and physical work he should be able to get back to the way he used to bowl in the past. Good luck Balaji, just do it. :two_thumbs_up:

Guest HariSampath

Balaji was clocked at 125-135 k in practice games of the CSK, but for some strange reason he kept bowling slow legbreaks. But having said that he is back after years and at this level did a good job for a 1st game, would settle down soon enough IMO

Not the same Balaji I was used to couple of years ago. The steaming in' date=' the away swingers, the inswingers, the body language have all taken a beating as I see it.[/quote'] Yeah, because he's playing a shortened form of the game with no margin of error for bowlers. Acid test to see if Balaji is really back with his bowling prowesses intact would be a few f/c games with a red ball, few slips and a gully and the opportunity to bowl a good long spell working batsmen over with the swing and seam. T20's a good way for him to at least ease back into things. And heck, maybe the Next Bradman can show off some of his old hitting skills. Is he going to be facing Showhaibh the Moish Whinnaah anytime soon?

Yeah, because he's playing a shortened form of the game with no margin of error for bowlers. Acid test to see if Balaji is really back with his bowling prowesses intact would be a few f/c games with a red ball, few slips and a gully and the opportunity to bowl a good long spell working batsmen over with the swing and seam. T20's a good way for him to at least ease back into things. And heck, maybe the Next Bradman can show off some of his old hitting skills. Is he going to be facing Showhaibh the Moish Whinnaah anytime soon?
Any form of cricket is good for someone that is making a come back. Everyone needs to earn to make a living mate and I don't see anything wrong if he's playing IPL to make few quick bucks. Imagine 2 years of no cricket and no income. Unfortunately he has played only couple of years or three at the top so whatever dosh he made will not be enough for him to lead the rest of his life. I think IPL is good for him, he will not have to worry if he goes for runs simply because no one really looks at bowlers stats at all. There is nothing better than match practice and if he's able to bowl against few top cricketers it is that much better. I'm glad to see Nehra make a come back. He was terrific when he was struck with an injury. Slowly but surely he's starting to show some form. The first couple of games Nehra looked out of sorts but he's now found a bit of rythm. As I said any form of cricket in a competitive setup is good for somone that is making a come back. If not for IPL not many people will have had a chance to even look at the likes of Balaji and Nehra right now.

:yay: He is back! Its really a good performance after recovery... L Balaji 4 0 35 2 8.75 ...though it was expected of him to bowl to get going with T20 kinda bowling. His spearheads are yet to come and most probably he will improve a lot in the coming match. Lets hope for his fitness and also expect him to bowl intelligently. :two_thumbs_up:

Balaji was not average. He got away swing at good pace with reasonable accuracy. As long as his pace has stayed averaging at about 128kph, then I'd expect him to be pushing for an ODI spot ahead of the disappointing recent performances of RP Singh and Sreesanth.

Balaji was not average. He got away swing at good pace with reasonable accuracy. As long as his pace has stayed averaging at about 128kph' date=' then I'd expect him to be pushing for an ODI spot ahead of the disappointing recent performances of RP Singh and Sreesanth.[/quote'] definitely, he better than many in the present scenario...He has got variation in his deliveries...also, his yorkers are very fruitful. Lets hope him to recover completely and regain his form as quick as possible.:eyedance::eyedance::eyedance:
He's a McGrath -esque bowler. I can see him replacing Sree (:(() if he can get back to his usual self.
McGrath is too much...Sreesanth is far less he is like... McGrath>...>Balaji>...>Sreesanth

I think Nehra has done quite well in the last couple of games... but RPS has been absolutely magnifiicient. an economy rate of under 5 in three games, and second highest wicket taker in the tournament. i think lately in the department of fast bowling, india's cup filleth over!

I think Nehra has done quite well in the last couple of games... but RPS has been absolutely magnifiicient. an economy rate of under 5 in three games' date=' and second highest wicket taker in the tournament. i think lately in the department of fast bowling, india's cup filleth over![/quote'] ZK>Nehra>IKP>RPS>Sangwan>... Nehra has always been a good stuff and hard striver and a tough nut for the oponents. He is a must in Indian Lefties.