Can Rahul Dravid emulate his idol yet again?

King

I'm sure you all know whom I am referring to. Yup "Steve Waugh". Rahul has emulated the grit, toughness, the initial back foot movement, the walk to the crease, few tough long knocks over the years. Now is the time yet again to emulate his idol and go one up over Steve Waugh. Score couple of crucial big knocks and get India to the WC semis or finals. I'm sure he has already had a look at his career and Steve's. This is one great feat he could go on to achieve and surely he must have already had a word with Steve Waugh how to go about realizing this feat. As a captain Steve Waugh hit couple of gritty knocks in the World Cup 1999 and won Australia the much coveted world cup. Rahul now has a golden chance to do similarly and am sure he will be presented with opportunities to achieve similar feats in the WC. I think he is capable and can better Steve Waugh at this. The only issue is of course the bowling. The Aussie bowling then backed up Steve's knock but is Indian bowling capable of similar feat. Only time can tell but I reckon Rahul will have this in the back of his mind.

Re: Can Rahul Dravid emulate his idol yet again? 120*(110) was the best knock in the '99 world cup. SRW's sheer bloody mindedness was awe inspiring. It's almost as if he said: "I'm not going to get out today. Do what you want. Bounce me, hit me, maim me. I don't give a shit. I'm staying here today."