What a Beautiful Ground

theguyinallblue

I must admit....Lalit Modi has really worked very hard..on this Rajasthan Ground... world class seating facilities... Lush green Outfield...excellent drainage facilities...amazing... good to see at least some amount from the Billions being spent on Ground facilities... Keep up the good work Modi Ji..

Guest Hiten.

They are yet to get permanent roof for the Jaipur ground. But you are right the ground has been revamped drastically in the past 2-3 years.

Its a totalitarian change that's happened to this stadium. This ground used to be real shabby (and so was Rajasthan Cricket) when in control of the Rungta's, but what a difference! My first played cricket game in a stadium was at this ground (beginning of the 80's). The stark differences that I could note was that the fielding was a much easier task compared to the uneven grounds that I was used to playing at. There was plenty of grass, but not as well maintained as it is now. They only used to water the grass when there was an upcoming Ranji game in the next month or so. At that time this wasn't an international stadium, the highest level played used to be Ranji Trophy. Mostly, this ground was used by Schools, Clubs, Offices, and Corporations to host matches for their students/members/employees etc. I've even seen marriage receptions being organized inside this stadium! There used to be 1, yes, just one Chowkidaar guarding the main entrance. There wasn't any need of security anyways. A sea change from now. But the view of the Nahar Garh Fort was still as beautiful then as it is now .... oh nostalgia!