Amit Mishra is twice the bowler that Chawla is

The Outsider

Absolutely not. Chawla is more youthful, and can run around in the outfield much quicker and can also bat a little bit better. I mean, UP play him at 6 so he HAS to be a really quality multidimensional prospect, right? Mishra's only got a superior record in f/c cricket with the ball and a stunning strike rate, but he's not got the youthful fearlessness of Chawla or that young energy and all round potential.

wtf? If you need a spinner and the spinner's good enough you play him. This is for test matches, of course. Mishra looks like he's better than Chawla so he should be given more chances. Doesnt matter if we have 3 number 10s in our line up.

Absolutely not. Chawla is more youthful, and can run around in the outfield much quicker and can also bat a little bit better. I mean, UP play him at 6 so he HAS to be a really quality multidimensional prospect, right? Mishra's only got a superior record in f/c cricket with the ball and a stunning strike rate, but he's not got the youthful fearlessness of Chawla or that young energy and all round potential.
LOL.. ease up on the sarcasm Goes over the heads of many here

from what i saw (highlights) Mishra doesnt even turn the ball' date=' yeh i know kumble doesnt either, but when you do turn the ball, sooner or later a batsman will punish you unless you have really good speed variations[/quote'] u mean *not* turning the ball is better if u dont vary speed a lot!?

Not many spinners are going to turn a ten over old ball a mile on aflat pitch. Having said that, he did beat Watson with a couple of leg breaks which had loop, drift, and turn. His googlies certainly turned and got him both his wickets and could have had Watson on another googly which was a no ball.

He is just 25, he's still got LOTS of time to prove his stake. We musnt forget, Bhajji may be in for some harsh punishment, so its a good chance for youngsters to prove their stake. Besides, Anil's got maximum 12 months left in him.

May be his more talented than PC...but, PC is certain to have an edge over him as PC is already exposed to international cricket...so let him get more experience at IPL and domestic cricket...so that when Jumbo will hang his boots then he can be second option as leg-break spinner.

May be his more talented than PC...but' date=' PC is certain to have an edge over him as PC is already exposed to international cricket...[/quote'] Learn your GD facts dude... Mishra's also played a bit of international cricket back when Chawla was still trying to break into the U19 side.

from what i saw (highlights) Mishra doesnt even turn the ball' date=' yeh i know kumble doesnt either, but when you do turn the ball, sooner or later a batsman will punish you unless you have really good speed variations[/quote'] I''ve seen him turn the ball quite a bit in some of the domestic matches. The one thing I can see going against him is his fitness.

i have said this before, Amit is the biggest turner in the country... like someone mentioned, it is hard to turn a 10 over ball on a shiny wicket... PC turns the ball lesser than a finger spinner... but he is good, as well... but, i think, he is below Amit in tests and above him in odis

from what i saw (highlights) Mishra doesnt even turn the ball' date=' yeh i know kumble doesnt either, but when you do turn the ball, sooner or later a batsman will punish you unless you have really good speed variations[/quote'] Wrong! Mishra is a terrific bowler at FC level and that too keeping in mind that most of the Indian batsmen even at domestic level, don't struggle against spin unless it is really good. Mishra had bowled superbly in the 'A' match vs SA and yet when the need came, Chawla was given a break in tests. I suppose, we better get Mishra ready to take over from Kumble and let Chawla mature a bit for the longer version. Otherwise we are going to be hammered everywhere.