Dinesh Karthik

Bumper

After seeing his three boundaries, I think this guy deserves to be given a few more chances. He had that audacity about him, that was missing in a Raina or a Mongia, who looked like rabbits under headlights. Karthik strokes the ball very confidently & middles them well, almost effortlessly hits the ball over the top. From what i have seen of him before, i recall his defense was loose, back then (Used to get bowled thru the gate like a tailender). Dont know if its still true or not. But he does somehow manage to get himself out, before he reaches 20. If he fixes this issue, we may have temporarily found a replacement for Raina.

Re: Dinesh Karthik Agree Bumper. The guy looked good while he lasted which is saying much more than the Kaifs, Rainas, and Mongias. Only issue was he did not try to pick up singles. Maybe if he had concentrated a bit more on that he would have lasted more. He was positive and reasonably comfortable against the rising ball.

Re: Dinesh Karthik this guy is an excellent finisher KAbs... he was wasted higher up the order... he needs to bat with freedom.... i would pack the upper middle order with grafters for the next odi..... obviously sachin needs to come in the middle order and open with jaffer and sehwag..... something drastic has to be done...

Re: Dinesh Karthik All these youngsters flatter to deceive... They need more seasons ala dhoni and come to international cricket.... There are better players than Karthik in Ranji... He is not yet ready imo. Because we see very few we can assess only few....but with Ranji out in open on TV there will be more transparancy in selection

Re: Dinesh Karthik Salil has for a while been impressed with Dinesh Karthik's batting. He has guts, chutzpah and a lovely range of shots. Temperament's all that's needed. He's now opening for Tamil Nadu quite regularly in domestic cricket, which should help him temper his game and learn how to build big innings. Salil feels that it will not be long before Karthik will be capable of holding a place in a domestic or zonal batting lineup on virtue of his batting alone. And then the Indian team?

Re: Dinesh Karthik The youg kid has talent. So we will play him and ruin him. He will have a few failures, feel the heat, question his technique when there is nothing to question, change things, get worse, confidence will vanish and then be dropped and shell shocked. Another talent wrecked cos we did not allow him to develop his game on FC scene and A tours.