Tendulkar set to return against Chennai

Dirty_South

Um, Asif <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sachin. So thats not the reason. Probably, he doesn't want to make an early comeback and figure out that he should've stayed out for a while again and potentially miss some matches when India plays. I don't mind if I don't see him play in the IPL but I'd rather see him perform well against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.

Tendulkar hoping to play May 14 IPL match The ace batsman said, fitness permitting, he is likely to play in Mumbai Indians' next match against Chennai Super Kings. More... Tendulkar hoping to play May 14 IPL match May 07, 2008 22:58 IST Eager to make his debut in the ongoing Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament, after missing seven matches because of a groin injury, Sachin Tendulkar [images] said on Wednesday he is hopeful turning out for the Mumbai Indians' team when it takes on Chennai Super Kings on May 14. Watching his teammates fight it out with Rajasthan Royals in Wednesday's IPL tie in Mumbai, the home team's regular skipper, however, said he will take the field only if fully fit. "I can tell you roughly that I'm targetting the next match," Tendulkar said. "If I'm in the middle, I should be able to compete; for if I'm not able to compete, I'll be letting down the team," said the ace batsman from Mumbai. Tendulkar also gave the thumbs up to the IPL, dubbing it the biggest event ever in the history of cricket. "Without a doubt (this is the biggest event in cricket's history). It has taken the game virtually to all the households in the world. If cricket is looking forward to go global, this is the format. It's a three-hour entertainment, which the entire family can watch together," he said. Tendulkar believes tournaments like the IPL have the potential to bring in new audience. "Earlier, people wanted to watch a match but found it difficult to devote the entire day. I think Twenty20 is also bringing families together. I mean, how many times you otherwise see all the family members watching a cricket match together?"

Guest Hiten.

Tendulkar set to return against Chennai Sachin Tendulkar has confirmed he is fit and will lead the Mumbai Indians in their next game on Wednesday against the Chennai Super Kings. The news is a shot in the arm for Mumbai who played the first half of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the absence of Tendulkar, forced to sit out due to groin injury. But Tendulkar announced today that the rehabilitation process had been successful and there was no "discomfort" and that he would open Mumbai's innings along with Sanath Jayasuriya. "I will be playing on May 14. It's looking very good and I'm feeling very positive," Tendulkar said after a two-hour long batting session at the Wankhede Stadium. He said it was really "tough" for him to sit out but acknowledged the support of the fitness staff who had "really worked hard, especially the physio and the masseur". Tendulkar first picked up the injury during the CB Series in Australia and it got worse after the first Test against South Africa in Chennai, forcing him to miss the next final two matches of the series. He was unable to recover for the start of the IPL, missing Mumbai's first seven games. Though Mumbai lost their first four games, Tendulkar was careful not to return before he was completely fit. "It was disappointing to miss the two Tests against South African and then seven IPL games. But during the first half of the rehabilitation I had to completely rest and followed it by strengthening of the muscles and working out a bit. With the help of the fitness staff all the things went fine and I'm feeling strong now and there is no discomfort." In his absence Harbhajan Singh led Mumbai for the first three games and after he was banned for an on-field row with Sreesanth, Shaun Pollock came in as the stand-in captain. Asked if it would be difficult for the side to have another new captain especially when Pollock was proving to be successful, Tendulkar said the players had supported each other through it all and they understood each other well. "I will be the captain. Shaun was a makeshift captain and he did a terrific job and the other senior players have also contributed well. It's not about who the captain is but it's about helping each other and that's what Mumbai Indians have been doing and will continue to do." Despite his minimal exposure to the Twenty20 format - he has played only five games so far - Tendulkar was looking ahead to the challenge ahead. "I always try hard and I've always given my best." Mumbai are currently placed sixth in the points table, just above the Deccan Chargers and the Bangalore Royal Challengers. © Cricinfo Daddy returnssssss :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Tendulkar set to return against Chennai Tendulkar set to return against Chennai Sachin Tendulkar has confirmed he is fit and will lead the Mumbai Indians in their next game on Wednesday against the Chennai Super Kings. The news is a shot in the arm for Mumbai who played the first half of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the absence of Tendulkar, forced to sit out due to groin injury. But Tendulkar announced today that the rehabilitation process had been successful and there was no "discomfort" and that he would open Mumbai's innings along with Sanath Jayasuriya. "I will be playing on May 14. It's looking very good and I'm feeling very positive," Tendulkar said after a two-hour long batting session at the Wankhede Stadium. He said it was really "tough" for him to sit out but acknowledged the support of the fitness staff who had "really worked hard, especially the physio and the masseur".

341312.jpg

Tendulkar first picked up the injury during the CB Series in Australia and it got worse after the first Test against South Africa in Chennai, forcing him to miss the next final two matches of the series. He was unable to recover for the start of the IPL, missing Mumbai's first seven games. Though Mumbai lost their first four games, Tendulkar was careful not to return before he was completely fit. "It was disappointing to miss the two Tests against South African and then seven IPL games. But during the first half of the rehabilitation I had to completely rest and followed it by strengthening of the muscles and working out a bit. With the help of the fitness staff all the things went fine and I'm feeling strong now and there is no discomfort." In his absence Harbhajan Singh led Mumbai for the first three games and after he was banned for an on-field row with Sreesanth, Shaun Pollock came in as the stand-in captain. Asked if it would be difficult for the side to have another new captain especially when Pollock was proving to be successful, Tendulkar said the players had supported each other through it all and they understood each other well. "I will be the captain. Shaun was a makeshift captain and he did a terrific job and the other senior players have also contributed well. It's not about who the captain is but it's about helping each other and that's what Mumbai Indians have been doing and will continue to do." Despite his minimal exposure to the Twenty20 format - he has played only five games so far - Tendulkar was looking ahead to the challenge ahead. "I always try hard and I've always given my best." Mumbai are currently placed sixth in the points table, just above the Deccan Chargers and the Bangalore Royal Challengers.

Guest HariSampath

It will be good to see Tendulkar play T20...and against CSK...gives us something to cheer for his dismissal , but this shouldnt worry CSK too much. Dhoni will have an opportunity to clash as a captain against yet another senior Indian player. So far... Dhoni Vs Yuvraj : Dhoni 2, Yuvi 0 Dhoni Vs Sehwag, Dhoni 1, Sehwag 1 Dhoni vs Ganguly : Dhoni 1, Ganguly 0 Dhoni vs Harbhajan : Dhoni 1 Harbhajan 0 Now its Dhoni Vs Tendulkar

Guest HariSampath

What if Tendulkar fails From Mumbai mirror...:-D What if Tendulkar fails. It has been the cause of much angst and agony for everyone. Angst for the opposition wondering whether he would play or not and agony for his team mates pondering over the same. But if the signs, words and alignment of the stars — alright not the last one — are any indication, this Wednesday will be when Sachin Tendulkar will play for the Mumbai Indians. So picture this, it’s eight in the evening and Tendulkar walks out to bat amidst the roars of the spectators who have been waiting desperately for this. Tendulkar takes guard, but horror of horrors, the inswinging delivery keeps low and crashes into his stumps. Silence. Norman Peale – ‘The power of positive thinking’ guy will tell you that’s not what you should think about. It’s a possibility nevertheless. But yesterday, after the practice session, when Mumbai Indians’ coach Lalchand Rajput was presented with the scenario, he said, “Sachin’s inclusion will only benefit the team. Everyone wants his presence in the dressing room and his presence on the ground will be more than welcome. “Sachin is the person around which everything revolves.†“We are looking forward to see him play. Tendulkar opening the innings with Jayasuriya would be a treat to watch. The crowd will love it,†added Rajput. Blessing in disguise Tendulkar had a twenty minute batting session yesterday, as the team prepared itself for the battle against the Chennai Super Kings. The Mumbai team has had a week long gap since their last match which saw them defeat the Rajasthan Royals by seven wickets. On the break Rajput said, “The gap has been a blessing in disguise. While we had the momentum from the last three matches and would have loved to continue the gap has helped the players rejuvenate.†Though the initial losses had created some drooping shoulders and many doubting Thomasses, the wins have given the team a positive look and the momentum is helping the team stay on a high. “The spirit and energy level in the team is great and the momentum will carry us forward,†said Rajput. New kids Rajput also talked about his team’s strategy to introduce players in the first round to test their mettle. “We have experimented in the first 2-3 matches. We introduced 1-2 players in every game. We thought it best to introduce them now rather than in the later matches where the pressure will be immense. We are getting good fast bowlers. Dhawal Kulkarni and Rohan Raje have responded tremendously well.â€

Guest HariSampath

How many of you Sachin worshippers( among CSK supporters) will be hoping he fails against CSK ?? This is a real test of loyalty now...I hope he plays a couple of overs, doesnt score much, puts some pressure on Sanath to get out and then Sachin too should get out. I dont think he will click against CSK ( maybe pressure of making debut :D )

Gut instinct says Sachin is going to murder CSK, not that I would ideally like it to happen, but I wouldnt mind that happening either. Now, if that post made any sense to any of you, please tell me also, coz even I dont understand what I typed. :D