Tendulkar set to return against Chennai

Dirty_South

Tendulkar fit, all set to make IPL debut New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar will make his Indian Premier League (IPL) debut in Sunday's game for the Mumbai Indians against Delhi Daredevils. Sources confirm to CNN-IBN that Tendulkar, who has missed the first five matches of the Twenty20 tournament due to injury, will open the batting along with former Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya. The Mumbai Indians have been dogged by the Harbhajan Singh controversy and managed to end a four-match losing streak in the league against the Kolkata Knight Riders on Tuesday. Tendulkar has played no cricket since the first Test of the home series against South Africa in Chennai in March. "Today he batted in the nets. He had a long bat and looked all right. There are two more days to go so hopefully he gets fitter and we will take the final call on the morning of May 4," Mumbai Indians coach Lalchand Rajput said. Mumbai Indians taken on Delhi Daredevils on May 4 at the Dr DY Patil Sports Academy in Mumbai. Source ------------------------------------------------------ :pray::pray::pray: Can't wait to see the GOD play in IPL .... :yay::yay:

Tendulkar progresses well in fitness Cricinfo staff May 1, 2008 Mumbai Indians will take a final call on Sachin Tendulkar on the morning of the match against Delhi Daredevils (file photo) © AFP Sachin Tendulkar is one step closer to getting fit. He had a long batting session on Thursday at the Bandra Kurla cricket stadium where Mumbai Indians assembled for nets ahead of their clash against Delhi Daredevils at home on Sunday. Lalchand Rajput, the Mumbai coach, later said Tendulkar, who is recovering from a groin injury, looked good while batting and was hopeful his captain would be back soon. "He looked very good, had a long batting session and looked alright," Rajput said but would not commit if his seniormost player would make his IPL debut. "There are still two days to go before the next match. We will take the final call on May 4 (Sunday) morning. Hopefully he gets better in that time." Mumbai had a dismal start to their campaign after three straight losses but clinched their maiden victory, on Tuesday evening, against Kolkata Knight Riders in a rousing fashion at the Eden Gardens. Dwayne Bravo, who starred in the seven-wicket victory with a handsome contribution of 64 not out, was a proud man today but said he was inspired by Tendulkar, the non-playing captain. Bravo pointed out a fine example when Mumbai were struggling at 25 for 3 chasing the target of 138 set by Kolkata. "In the meeting before the Kolkata match he told everybody that whenever you go in to bat with the back against the wall use it as an opportunity to be a hero," Bravo said. "That stuck in my head. When I walked in Mumbai were 25 for 3, and that small thing Sachin said helped me a lot." According to Bravo, Tendulkar, just by his presence, helps the team-mates gather a lot of confidence. "He always talks about being positive and staying calm and not let the situation get the better of you", Bravo said. Even if Tendulkar has missed all the matches so far, Bravo felt the important thing was he was always sharing his thoughts and opinions in the dressing room. And that proved to be a catalyst in not letting the team atmosphere deteriorate during the difficult times. "Although he has not played a game, yet, he voices his opinion on the team, the individual and issues like batting and bowling," Bravo said. "Mumbai is a young side and his presence gives you a lot of confidence. When he speaks we listen and execute his plan." Bravo - who also grew up in Brian Lara's hometown, Santa Cruz, Trinidad - says even Lara, Bravo's hero, looked up to Tendulkar during his playing days. "I grew up in the same village as Brian Lara. Lara is my hero and even he too looks up to Tendulkar. He always talks about him." According to Bravo, just observing the way the two legends, with whom he has been "fortunate" to share the dressing room with, is itself a big learning lesson. "Both Lara and Tendulkar have a lot of knowledge. You learn so much by just watching how they move around, how they speak and how they treat their cricketing gear, especially the bat."

yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..SRT vs mcgrath..man thats a battle..who cares abt the result..wanna see these 2 giants of the game go against each other once again..this is much more worth it than SRT vs warne coz SRT wud decimate warne anywhere anyday..

wonderful news. But too bad for the Mumbai Indians, it will be near impossible for them to make the semis now.
why?? they have 2 points. teams who are topping the chart have 8 points.. differance of 3 wins.. they can definately end up 3rd or 4th and register semi final spot.. also Bangalore can make it happen too. still plenty of games left. 9 games are a lot..

Sachin reading mcgraths short of a length delivery and pulling that over midwicket..man that wud be awesome..he had done that in the diana memorial match..mcgrath was fuming and bemused..and SRT was like go fetch it..SRT rocks:two_thumbs_up:

Sachin reading mcgraths short of a length delivery and pulling that over midwicket..man that wud be awesome..he had done that in the diana memorial match..mcgrath was fuming and bemused..and SRT was like go fetch it..SRT rocks:two_thumbs_up:
Hmm but McGrath has taken Sachin's wicket cheaply in 2 world cup matches (99, 03) - apart from quite a few Tests/ODIs

Hmm but McGrath has taken Sachin's wicket cheaply in 2 world cup matches (99' date=' 03) - apart from quite a few Tests/ODIs[/quote'] well in a career spanning over 10 years i mean common for both the players these things bound to happen..i guess u wud remember how SRT treated GM in the 96 wc..and then in the chennai test match in 2001..and even in MCG in 99 wen he got his 116..so i wud call even stevens btw both with neither really dominating..its been a gud battle and much better than SRT vs warne coz that was a no battle with SRT dominating warne to the core..so yea im looking forward to this battle..lets hope it lives up to the expectations..

Reminds me of Sachin's onslaught against McGrath in Nairobi in one of the CTs. I can never forget how he was launching McGrath for sixes all over the ground.
bingo hit the nail on the head..that was awesome..hehe gefforey boycott had an orgasm wen SRT pulled mcgrath for six..he started shouting in the commentary box :haha:

Guest Hiten.

Sachin 'not too happy' after outing THE MUMBAI IPL team had been mulling over Sachin Tendulkar's fitness even before the tournament began. And Friday brought some good and some bad news for the team as Tendulkar played in a simulation Twenty20 match at the Mumbai Cricket Association's Bandra-Kurla Complex facility. First the good news: Tendulkar batted for 20 overs and then was on the field for all the 20 overs as well. Now the bad news: "He is not very happy," said team adviser Harsha Bhogle. Bhogle said Tendulkar was "not feeling 100 per cent" at the end of the match. "He told me he is not feeling 100 per cent fit, but he is going to sleep over it and see how it feels tomorrow," Bhogle told reporters outside a well-known hotel, in which the owners of the Mumbai team had failed to book a lounge for the media conference. "He did play the entire game and it was the first one he played in a long time. He is not very happy. " Bhogle also said that he doesn't think Tendulkar, recovering from a groin injury, will take a chance against Delhi on Sunday if he is not fully fit. "If there is a problem and he is not fully fit then he won't play," said Bhogle. "He will know tomorrow (whether he would be fit for Sunday's match), but I think he will try and give himself every chance to play.". http://in.news.yahoo.com/hindustantimes/20080503/r_t_ht_sp_cricket/tsp-sachin-not-too-happy-after-outing-1a21990.html ------ FCK THIS BOOOOOOOOOLLLSHEEEETTTTT :mad: :mad: :((