Serial blasts at Jaipur : will it affect IPL?

CSK Fan

Blasts cast shadow over Jaipur match The bomb blasts in Jaipur has cast a shadow of uncertainty over Saturday's IPL match between the Rajasthan Royals and the Bangalore Royal Challengers in the city. Bangalore have offered to host the game at the Chinnaswamy Stadium. "We have conveyed our decision to the IPL council," Martin Crowe, the Bangalore coach, told Cricinfo from Chandigarh, where the rest of the team is currently staying. "The franchises are discussing the issue. A final decision will be made tomorrow. We are going to Delhi tomorrow and will probably head over to Bangalore after a night's stay in Delhi." However, Fraser Castellino, the CEO of the Jaipur franchise, said he had not heard of this development and didn't want to comment on the possibility. Bangalore have already hosted Rajasthan in the tournament - on April 26 - in a game that the visitors won by a comfortable margin. At least five major blasts rocked Jaipur, the base of the Rajasthan Royals, with the death and injury toll on the rise. The Rajasthan team haven't been affected: most of the team is currently holidaying in Goa and the others have gone back to their respective homes. dont post no stupid crap please

Ok guys. I hope everyone has calmed down. Regarding IPL, there is so much money riding on this tourney that for every player pulling out because of these blasts, 10 others will be willing to play. And in India, we've become so desensitised to such activities that it registers in our minds for a week or so and then is forgotten. Sad but true.

I was not trying to trivalise the matter or trying to demean those killed. My deepest sympathies are with the families which were affected and the rising death toll just shows how horrible the blasts were and the final toll might be much worse than we can imagine. This is going to go down as one of the worst blasts in the country

Condolences to the people affected. I hope they find and severely punish the perpetrators. ------------------------------------------------- PS: sm332, Just like you keep harping "When I need your advice, I'll ask you", in a similar vein, offer your advice to My Two Cents when he asks for it. Until then dont go over the top. You have cursed a forum member unprovoked, and I hope Mods give you a warning, and in the meanwhile they edit your swear words.

# Bombs were made of iron ball bearings, alarm clock circuit # Seven serial blasts rocked the city of Jaipur at 7:35 PM on Tuesday evening # 60 dead, 150 injured # Injured taken to the Sawai Mann Singh hospital # Blasts at Manas Chowk Police Station area, Johari Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Badi Choupal, Choti Choupal, Kotwali area # Eighth bomb diffused # The bombs exploded within a span of 12 minutes of each other # There was a near-stampede like situation # Bombs were planted in bicycles # Speculation is rife that this could be the handiwork of Lashkar-e-Toiba # Authorities are also suspecting that Bangladesh-based HuJI could be behind the attacks # Traffic movement has been obstructed # Shops have shut down and police have cordoned off the area # Mumbai and Delhi on high alert # National Security Guard has reached Jaipur # All the city borders, Rajasthan state borders sealed # Traffic movement has been obstructed

You have cursed a forum member unprovoked' date=' and I hope Mods give you a warning, and in the meanwhile they edit your swear words.[/quote'] Why the hell do you always whine about what the mods should and shouldn't do ?!?!! They ran this place without a hitch before you came here, and they always will in the future too. It's not your business, so give the moralizing a rest.

Why the hell do you always whine about what the mods should and shouldn't do ?!?!! They ran this place without a hitch before you came here' date=' and they always will in the future too. It's not your business, so give the moralizing a rest.[/quote'] @Predz: :finger: Go learn abt the forum policy. Abusing members is not allowed. Mods are the ones you need to report to if there are problems.

@Predz: :finger: Go learn abt the forum policy. Abusing members is not allowed. Mods are the ones you need to report to if there are problems.
So if the guy feels offended, he will report it himself. You, on the other hand, should just shut the hell up and mind your own business. Everyone here is an adult and they don't need whiny brown-nosers (ie; you) to "stick up" for them. OK ? You are free to whine and moan about anything you like, but don't tell the people in charge what they should and shouldn't do.

So if the guy feels offended' date=' he will report it himself. You, on the other hand, should just shut the hell up and mind your own business. Everyone here is an adult and they don't need whiny brown-nosers (ie; you) to "stick up" for them. OK ? You are free to whine and moan about anything you like, but don't tell the people in charge what they should and shouldn't do.[/quote'] Agreed completely.... some people here are jus way too touchy.... this is not a kids forum where everything has to b policized ....

So if the guy feels offended' date=' he will report it himself. You, on the other hand, should just shut the hell up and mind your own business. Everyone here is an adult and they don't need whiny brown-nosers (ie; you) to "stick up" for them. OK ? You are free to whine and moan about anything you like, but don't tell the people in charge what they should and shouldn't do.[/quote'] Mr. Know-it-all, and Supreme Being of the forum, I dont need you to tell me what I can and cannot post. Even if I find another member has been abused, I have the right to report it accordingly.

Hope all is well with your friends and family Sameer. My dad will be visiting Jaipur tomorrow and I'll hear more from him regarding the situation. I'm sure you'll be able to get information from your folks but let me know if you need to find out anything. Condolences to the families of all who died, and Get-well-soon wishes to the injured. The cops better find the LET/SIMI ba$tards ASAP Oh and another thing, it's hard for many people to empathize especially those who aren't from the area or who have been away from the country for too long. Hope you don't get too worked up over it.

Will IPL foreign stars return after Jaipur blasts? Going by the recent track record, Australia and South Africa have pulled out of tours in the sub-continent due to terror threats. More... Will IPL foreign stars return after Jaipur blasts? Gulu Ezekiel May 14, 2008 12:03 IST Will Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne [images] and South Africa's captain Graeme Smith [images] be on the first plane out of India following the series of deadly bomb blasts across Jaipur on Tuesday night? Going by the recent track record of the Australian and South African cricket teams that would appear to be the case. Unless of course things are different when it comes to playing in the Indian Premier League as against representing your country! It may be recalled that Cricket Australia cancelled last month's scheduled tour of Pakistan following a series of bomb blasts there. That enabled Andrew Symonds [images], who openly expressed his reluctance to tour Pakistan, Brett Lee [images], Matthew Hayden [images] Ricky Ponting [images] and others to play in the early matches in the IPL before they were called away for national duty in the West Indies. In fact, Australia have not visited Pakistan for a full series since 1994-95. In 2002 the two countries played a Test series in the neutral venue of Sharjah following the 9/11 attacks in the United States and the subsequent US attack on Afghanistan. South Africa, with Smith in charge, too abandoned a tour of Sri Lanka [images] in 2006 after bomb blasts there. Back in 1996 Australia and the West Indies [images] refused to play their World Cup matches in Colombo after a devastating bomb attack killed hundreds in the Lankan capital. Both teams forfeited their points but Australia reached the final in Lahore [images] where ironically they were beaten by Sri Lanka. However, the Australian team decided to stay on in England [images] after the terrorist attacks on buses and trains that struck London [images] at the start of the Ashes series in July 2005. Only Jason Gillespie among the tourists publicly made a statement expressing his apprehensions. Rajasthan Royals are currently on the top of IPL points table after beating Delhi Daredevils in Jaipur on Sunday. They now have 14 points from nine matches, losing just two and remain the only team to have won all five of their matches at their Jaipur "fortress" as Warne describes the Sawai Man Singh stadium. Two points behind Rajasthan are Punjab XI Kings and Chennai Super Kings. Currently Warne and his boys are enjoying a well-deserved five day break in Goa [images] before their next game at home on Saturday against bottom-placed Bangalore Royal Challengers. Warne is of course retired from international cricket and has no connections with his national body, Cricket Australia. Apart from Warne and Smith, the other foreign players in the squad are Sohail Tanveer, Kamran Akmal and Younis Khan of Pakistan, Morne Morkel of South Africa and Warne's fellow-countryman Shane Watson. Dmitri Mascarenhas, the lone Englishman in the IPL went back home after Sunday's match. The writer is a freelance sports journalist based in New Delhi