Shoaib Akhtar

Yuvraj4Captaincy

If the whole chucking issue has taught people anything' date=' it is that the human eye is a poor judge of bending of the arm. Of course a hyperextention will look clearer than a normal bend from the conventional view, because it stands out more.[/quote'] whatever 3 of the fastest bolwers in the world have unusually suspect chucking action(that is Akhtar ,Tait and Lee to a certain extent ) .Who would explain that ?.Then again i saw Tait rolling over the Kiwis ,and then the whole chucking allegation against him started .After that he never looked threatening or leathal he was before that ,why ? What happened to him ?

Couldnt complete his spell, even in a T20 game, could he ?:hysterical: 3 0 11 4 3.66
because of this ↓ ...
He was bowling at 145-151kph' date=' it was a great display of fast bowling on a slowish pitch.[/quote']
Oh' date=' almost forgot about the support from the crowd that he got. Electrifying atmosphere.[/quote'] because of this ↓ ...
His bowling was a sight to behold. Always always love someone running in and hurtling it at 150ks...
SA is an ambitious stalwart who believes in achieving max. speed but he is overlooking his growing age and lack of stamina...on one hand he is a lesson for most of the youngsters today and on the other hand its pathetic to watch him suffer after brief spells. He is never totally fit, thus most of the times he has to leave his spells uncompleted. Certainly, it looks nice to see a galloping bowler and coming to deliver a ball of which speed is the main aim of the masses who watch him. Its really appreciable to see a fast bowler, but the other side is the bowler is paying for his efforts with multiple muscular problems ( in case of SA ). Onething is there, when you watch Brett Lee you don't feel such a stride. Its just about SA and now for the upcoming IS. Isn't it?

SA is an ambitious stalwart who believes in achieving max. speed but he is overlooking his growing age and lack of stamina...on one hand he is a lesson for most of the youngsters today and on the other hand its pathetic to watch him suffer after brief spells. He is never totally fit, thus most of the times he has to leave his spells uncompleted. Certainly, it looks nice to see a galloping bowler and coming to deliver a ball of which speed is the main aim of the masses who watch him. Its really appreciable to see a fast bowler, but the other side is the bowler is paying for his efforts with multiple muscular problems ( in case of SA ). Onething is there, when you watch Brett Lee you don't feel such a stride. Its just about SA and now for the upcoming IS. Isn't it?
Are you saying that Shoaib's bowling is too much muscle and less of natural athleticism and strength, like Lee?

He must have lost ATLEAST 10-14 lbs since the India tour in 2007. He looks quite fit, physique wise. However, how much strength is left in those ravaged knees, hip and ankle, we have to wait and see.

This form of the game is perfect for Shoaib. The inconsistent, batsmen-oriented nature means that all his bad spells can be glossed over by the nature of Twenty20 cricket excuse. Any game where he half asses it, he can pull out the excuse that he's just trying to cut his pace and aim to be tight and not get hit. No need to even bother bowling more than a 4 over spell (although it wasn't that long ago that he struggled to get through even 3 overs before gasping for wind), and his casual slog-happy 'beastly' style of batting, devoid of thought and responsibility is ideal. I'm pretty sure he'll stop giving a shyt about the Pak test team now and just enjoy himself here.

He must have lost ATLEAST 10-14 lbs since the India tour in 2007. He looks quite fit' date=' physique wise. However, how much strength is left in those ravaged knees, hip and ankle, we have to wait and see.[/quote'] how abt no more pak politics, party-time, 3-4 over, srk, bollywood, lots of moolah, in India fit!

He must have lost ATLEAST 10-14 lbs since the India tour in 2007. He looks quite fit' date=' physique wise. However, how much strength is left in those ravaged knees, hip and ankle, we have to wait and see.[/quote'] shouldnt really matter much, like Akram said: there are girls in the crowd and he is going to bowl only 4 overs a match what else does shoaib need to ask for.

Despite all his antics and flaws and 'hyper-extension' :D, Actor is entertaining to watch. He keeps the viewer riveted to their TVs. IPL got a boost yesterday with Actor's comeback and boy, is it going to get some boost today. :hatsoff:

Are you saying that Shoaib's bowling is too much muscle and less of natural athleticism and strength' date=' like Lee?[/quote'] yes, exactly what I meant to say! Brett Lee's Body is stream-lined and appears to be strong-built. On the other hand SA looks bulgy with added lbs. No matter the age factor plays a vital role but, SA was never so fit at the age of Brett Lee. Ain't I makin sense?
He must have lost ATLEAST 10-14 lbs since the India tour in 2007. He looks quite fit' date=' physique wise. However, how much strength is left in those ravaged knees, hip and ankle, we have to wait and see.[/quote'] so good for him to prolong his career. I think now SA should think of curtailing his run-up and concentrate on intelligent bowling as done by his preceders in Imran Khan and Sarfaraz Nawaz Khan.
What a Come Back:congrats::hatsoff:
Definitely a memorable come back spell! :hatsoff:

Shoaib: I Was Hungry To Perform Kolkata Knight Riders paceman Shoaib Akhtar has attributed his match-winning performance against the Delhi Daredevils to his passion for the game. At the Eden Gardens on Tuesday, the Knight Riders won the low-scoring Indian Premier League contest by 23 runs after Akhtar broke the backbone of the Delhi top order with a devastating opening spell of four wickets at the cost of just 11 runs. Akhtar, 32, made his much awaited IPL debut in the match after a fortnight of dramatic developments which saw his five-year-ban suspended for one-month pending his appeal against the Pakistan Cricket Board's decision. Living up to the pre-match hype and expectations, Akhtar came up with a stunning performance, charging in with fire and breaking through at will to ensure victory for the hosts, who had set a target of just 133. Akhtar's spell was complimented by a late cameo from Laxmi Shukla, who polished off the Delhi tail by claiming three wickets in just five balls.

shoaib-akhtar_869343.jpg

"I was hungry to perform," a beaming Akhtar told The Telegraph. "It was four months since I last played. I had a few niggles and have been battling a lot of stress. So it was really nice to be in the groove. I had everything going for me. "I have really been backed to the hilt by my Kolkata Knight Riders' team-mates. They had made me feel comfortable in the dressing room. "The boys were totally by my side and have inspired me to do well. I just had to come out and perform." The Riders moved into fourth place in the IPL table with 10 points from nine games, while the Daredevils dropped to fifth with eight points from as many matches. "We tried hard," added Akhtar. "Every-body chipped in, Huss (David Hussey) and Laxmi. We were determined to do well. It was a total team effort. I have never played for individual glory." http://www.cricket365.com/story/0,,6575_3563028,00.html

whatever 3 of the fastest bolwers in the world have unusually suspect chucking action(that is Akhtar ' date='Tait and Lee to a certain extent ) .Who would explain that ?.Then again i saw Tait rolling over the Kiwis ,and then the whole chucking allegation against him started .After that he never looked threatening or leathal he was before that ,why ? What happened to him ?[/quote'] Lol. Lee, Akhtar and Tait all have bending of over 10 degrees, but it is under the 15 degree limit and so is legal and is not a 'chuck'. Shaun Tait was uneffective against India because he could not get into rhythm and was suffering from physical and mental exaustion - anyone who thought that one bad Test against India was the entire cause of his semi-retirement needs some help. You're not really suggesting that, upon allegations which were debunked, he remodelled his action, for the worse of performance, with no intention to go back - not even whilst getting destroyed against India.