Dravid: Ganguly Best Captain Of The Recent Past

He is a realist... Ganguly best captain of recent past: Dravid Friday March 2, 09:54 PM New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Sourav Ganguly was the best captain of the Indian cricket team in the recent past, skipper Rahul Dravid has said of his predecessor as Team India reached the West Indies Friday for the World Cup. 'Yes, he (Ganguly) was, if you look at the numbers that were produced during the past five years and the games we played during his captaincy. In that sense he was the best captain, and we had the best team,' Dravid told NDTV in an interview. Speaking with Prannoy Roy on 'India Questions' programme, to be telecast March 11, Dravid said: 'We are happy that he's come back and that he is playing well... At the end of the day, the team wants players who are playing well and performing well.' When asked what his contribution to Ganguly's come back has been, Dravid was categorical. 'The credit for going through it (his exclusion from the team) and coming out of it goes to him... He's worked hard... he's leaner, meaner and fitter... he's playing well. He's been fielding well... and we hope he can repeat that performance in the World Cup....' Dravid said that defending champions Australia would be the favourites to win the title again. 'I think there will be eight teams that will be looking to be in that final. I think Australia will start as favourites but not by much... that gap is closing. It's going to be a tough World Cup,' he averred. Dravid was confident that India would also attempt to win the World Cup, beginning March 11, and that India's performance in the recent matches bore ample testimony to the team's form. The Indian team, which reached Montego Bay, Jamaica, Friday morning, will play their first match against Bangladesh March 17. The final is on April 28 at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados.

Re: Dravid: Ganguly Best Captain Of The Recent Past Ganguly himself admitted that he may have stayed on a bit too long as captain... So I think this admission by Dravid is part of the UNIFICATION of the team anyway... Just wanted to point this out to the Ganguly bashers here... :hic:

Re: Dravid: Ganguly Best Captain Of The Recent Past

Looks like Ganguly has made his peace with both Chappell and Dravid. Bode's well for the WC.
ganguly is a changed man.. "cricket is not the ONLY thing" mantra changed his attitude completely, he is more relaxed.. his guns will be blazing in WC.. watch for those booming off drives.. if everyone of ours stay fit, WC is ours.. :wtg:

Looks like Ganguly has made his peace with both Chappell and Dravid.
And vice versa...at least Dravid... btw, I never thought there was much bad blood between them two... They have been through the wars together these two... and Dravid was Ganguly's right hand man...for a long, long time...and Dravid performed brilliantly under Ganguly... Guess now it is time for Ganguly to return the favor... Greg is the interloper...who trashed Ganguly's public image...with his lie filled leaked email... But even that chapter will become a footnote to the triumphant return of Ganguly and only add to his story when he does finally hang up his boots

So Veer you guys still regularly visit Indian Cricket Fever ...eh? :hic:
as long as its free, i will keep visiting.. after all it use to be home for most of us.. :hmph:

Sourav Ganguly was the best captain of the Indian cricket team in the recent past, skipper Rahul Dravid has said of his predecessor as Team India reached the West Indies Friday for the World Cup.
'Yes, he (Ganguly) was, if you look at the numbers that were produced during the past five years and the games we played during his captaincy. In that sense he was the best captain, and we had the best team,' Dravid told NDTV in an interview.
Wait a minute, so Dravid is talking about the period 2001-2005 ? How many folks have captained India during this time. :hic: If u carefully read what the "muppet-shuppet, spineless serpent" is saying, its clear that he's calling Ganguly the best, when compared with no competing captain. Where i come from, they dont call this a compliment, rather a back handed compliment :hic:

Ganguly himself admitted that he may have stayed on a bit too long as captain... So I think this admission by Dravid is part of the UNIFICATION of the team anyway... Just wanted to point this out to the Ganguly bashers here... :hic:
Sorry Gaurang, that is a Misconception Just because there was excess love for Ganguly on one side, doesn't make the other side hate him ..and frankly, even if there were haters of Ganguly'' I don't think this article will change their mind But let's remain outta old and new sites, why drag this to a point where we start discussions who left why and what