Gautam Gambhir: The Best T20 Batsman in the world

theguyinallblue

i think Gautam Ganbhir has done enough in the T20 matches he has played against international teams..and against some stalwarts of the game....to demand the crown of "THE BEST BATSMAN" to be conferred to him... IMO...His consistency..His Strike Rate...and His contribution to his team...makes him the Most Valuable player... :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:....

He is the best T20 batsman in the world. He isn't quite as destructive as say, Symonds but he knows exactly what it takes to score runs in this format and like you said, his consistency is remarkable. He also happens to be in the form of his life right now - that always helps.

Guest Hiten.

His ability of handling spin prudently gives him an upper hand in T20. Most of the batsmen try to slog spinners out of the ground, whereas Gambhir plays lofted drives with the spin. As Predz mentioned, GG is in form of his life.

The T20 world cup, the CB series and now IPL. That is three high-profile world-stage tournaments that Gambhir has now performed brilliantly. Clearly shows his batting prowess have hit a point of inflection. It would terribly disappointing to see Wasim Jaffer come out and open with Sehwag, instead of Gambhir, in Sri Lanka later this year.

The T20 world cup, the CB series and now IPL. That is three high-profile world-stage tournaments that Gambhir has now performed brilliantly. Clearly shows his batting prowess have hit a point of inflection. It would terribly disappointing to see Wasim Jaffer come out and open with Sehwag, instead of Gambhir, in Sri Lanka later this year.
ODI and t20 player, yes he is great. Whether he'll be able to carry this success forward to the Test Arena is a big question. One thing I have noticed is that he opens the face of the bat too many times to run the ball towards the 3rd man region in the shorter forms of the cricket a lot. He just wont be able to do that in the Test Arena especially if he is going to open the innings. The slips will be waiting for him

ODI and t20 player' date=' yes he is great. Whether he'll be able to carry this success forward to the Test Arena is a big question. One thing I have noticed is that he opens the face of the bat too many times to run the ball towards the 3rd man region in the shorter forms of the cricket a lot. He just wont be able to do that in the Test Arena especially if he is going to open the innings. The slips will be waiting for him[/quote'] We need to give him a decent run, it would be a criminal offence to waste a batsman's purple patch like this. Besides, its only Lanka, where the ball doesnt do that much. And most importantly, Jaffer has come up terribly short when faced with decent attacks in helpful conditions ( Eng 2007 and Aus 07/08). Gambhir couldnt possibly do worse.

I think he is one of the best if not the best T20 batsman ... In ODIs he has also proved that he can bat ... I cant wait to see him play test cricket ... stupid selectors should have played him instead of Jaffer in the series against SAF or at least in the last test but never mind his time will come !

gambhir - best odi & 20/20 batsman on current form top-scorer in 20/20 wc, cb series & ipl and will be the top-scorer in asia cup, champions trophy, 20/20 wc 2009 & 2011 wc

gambhir - best odi & 20/20 batsman on current form top-scorer in 20/20 wc, cb series & ipl and will be the top-scorer in asia cup, champions trophy, 20/20 wc 2009 & 2011 wc
/-\|\/||75 - the next Nostradamus? :D Coming back to the thread, Gambhir has been in awesome form. I'm looking forward to him getting a place in the 1st SL Test (at least to try him out - he can play spin really well, which helps too). He didn't do very well against Pakistan though (got out to Akhtar both times last year I think).